Lurker
Did you have to say that...no one let it that down since the concept art came out last year.

Still can't beat GaoYellow's "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH....OH...MY...GAWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!"

Ahh...folks assume Tokkyuu is the Den-O crew. With that said...Ryuuta just had to say, "We are like a Sentai Team."

He just had to enforce that.

I thought that is because they have multiple color and they always try to make funny moment just like how Sentai always do.
Are there sentai who didn't like to do this? Oh well,the recent one is Gobuster, before Jin and J join in.
From Tokkyuuger member, I just found Right and Kagura who always make a fuss but that just how they are. While Mio and the rest mostly quite and ensure they didn't mess around too much. Right and Kagura are just screaming when something really attract their attention because they are... kiddies, while Ian and Amy despite as adult have to do their catchphrase everywhere everytime just to mark their own territories.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
IIRC the reason they were considering not adapting the footage is because of the suits? The suit designs make sense, IMO (i.e. because of the Norikae Changes it makes sense that the suits are all the same design and it's quite simple/basic - the Norikae Changes are supposed to be the element of visual appeal) but when the suit designs were first revealed half the English speaking fandom was complaining about how they were THE WORST DESIGNS EVER and I guess Saban shared that view

IIRC the reason they were considering not adapting the footage is because of the suits? The suit designs make sense, IMO (i.e. because of the Norikae Changes it makes sense that the suits are all the same design and it's quite simple/basic - the Norikae Changes are supposed to be the element of visual appeal) but when the suit designs were first revealed half the English speaking fandom was complaining about how they were THE WORST DESIGNS EVER and I guess Saban shared that view

if you have been to or ever lived in Japan, specifically Tokyo, then yes the suit designs make sense. the logo on their torso is actually the symbol representing the JR East Line and the colours used for the Tokkyugers (especially ToQ-4's shade of green) are actual colours of the subway lines in Tokyo. I also remember people complaining about the train announcements, but those also made sense. because that's what the train announcements in Japan actually sound like.

I can understand why Saban doesn't want to adapt Tokkyuger though. didn't he say that trains don't really play such an important role as Japan in Western countries?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
if you have been to or ever lived in Japan, specifically Tokyo, then yes the suit designs make sense. the logo on their torso is actually the symbol representing the JR East Line and the colours used for the Tokkyugers (especially ToQ-4's shade of green) are actual colours of the subway lines in Tokyo. I also remember people complaining about the train announcements, but those also made sense. because that's what the train announcements in Japan actually sound like.

I can understand why Saban doesn't want to adapt Tokkyuger though. didn't he say that trains don't really play such an important role as Japan in Western countries?

I meant it makes sense as to why the ToQ suit designs are simplistic and the same for all the main five: because the Norikae Changes are supposed to be the appeal point, not the design of the suits themselves.

He's quite right that trains don't have the same role in the US as they do in Japan, but a train theme could still be do-able IMO: there's a long and glorious history of steam trains in the west, and with the Kuros being designed to look like train robbers, you could almost get a Wild West theme in there ...

The ranger cast in Kyoryu (sans Daigo) were not running around screaming as if they forgot to take their ADD medication. All of the rangers in ToQ do, which makes them far more kiddy than Kyoryuger.

Clearly you're watching different shows than the rest of us that you think are called "Kyoryuger" and "ToQger".

Some kind of Beast mode
The ranger cast in Kyoryu (sans Daigo) were not running around screaming as if they forgot to take their ADD medication. All of the rangers in ToQ do, which makes them far more kiddy than Kyoryuger.

Hmm. If we're doing battle of the kiddiness, I would think Kyoryu's dancing alone, would make it a winner for sure. Then there is Carnival, that little dino pal Daigo had, the vibrant colored Dinosaurs, Ami's daycare center persona, Nobu's corny uncle routine, Daigo being Daigo..Kyoryu Violet, half screaming grandpa, half obsessive fangirl.

Geez, looking back, the TQG's look tame. Kyoryugers sort of belittle kids, whereas the TQG's are the kids. They're smarter than we think, but still kids.

D

Dr Kain

No, I wanted to slap the entire cast of ToQGer, especially the pink ranger for being complete morons. The only character I wanted to smack in Kyoryu was Daigo.

Also, Kyoryu was very story driven. I think there were maybe 5 episodes of filler in the entire series. All of the ToQ episodes I watched were nothing but filler.

No, I wanted to slap the entire cast of ToQGer, especially the pink ranger for being complete morons.

This, so much this. Kagura, Tokatti and Right, in particular, can be EXTREMELY annoying. But Kagura is definitely the worst in that aspect.
Heck, they make even the Goseigers look like a bright team, no kidding.

At least ToqGer is one case of a show where it doesn't feel like there's a neglected ranger compared to the others, since they're all equally terrible and underdeveloped in their own ways, either being obnoxious or just plain bland like Hikaru. It feels like no one is getting to shine or evolve, seriously. Just think about that. It's a very rare scenario where not a single main character got solid development, which is weird, considering ToQGer had so many (useless) fillers.

Hmm. If we're doing battle of the kiddiness, I would think Kyoryu's dancing alone, would make it a winner for sure. Then there is Carnival, that little dino pal Daigo had, the vibrant colored Dinosaurs, Ami's daycare center persona, Nobu's corny uncle routine, Daigo being Daigo..Kyoryu Violet, half screaming grandpa, half obsessive fangirl.

Since Sentai is a kid's franchise, one can choose any single show to pick apart like that if they're forcing like you are, be it Jetman, the dark (lol) Go-Busters or whatever. It's incredibly easy, especially when one needs to resort to "obsessive fangirl", "daycare center persona" and an "old man routine" that was supposed to be corny.

Abaranger had "vibrant colored dinosaurs" who could talk, for starters...and why wouldn't they be colored? It's Sentai..one more line and you would say their suits had too much color.:laugh:

Last edited:
No, I wanted to slap the entire cast of ToQGer, especially the pink ranger for being complete morons. The only character I wanted to smack in Kyoryu was Daigo.

Also, Kyoryu was very story driven. I think there were maybe 5 episodes of filler in the entire series. All of the ToQ episodes I watched were nothing but filler.

I disagree with ToQger. In fact, ToQger has the most likable cast I have seen in past 5 years.
Even one that is weakest (Kagura) tends to shine in some way.

While I agree that Kyoryuger was very story driven, it was pretty much ruined by characters, where most of them were wasted, insufferable, and acted like jerk, which I really couldn't stand. If the character were written very poorly and unlikable, it doesn't matter how well the story was written. If I can't like/enjoy the character, I can't enjoy the show. Even Saban Brands Era Power Rangers characters (Samurai and Megaforce) were written MUCH better, but that's another topic.