Would like to change his avatar
I've been having trouble with custom avatars, I'll put in links and get an "Invalid URL" message. (This happens with multiple links, not just one.) Just wondering if it's a problem as the new forum's worked out, if maybe avatar sizes have changed since the upgrade, or if it's a problem on my end.

I need to see a link you are trying to use before i can give you an answer

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
Would like to change his avatar
Also did you try uploading the file here because that worked when I tested that mode.

It might sound dumb, but I've never uploaded a file here directly because I thought it was a strain on the site's bandwidth. :shrug:

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Even before the forum was switched over to VB4, there have been issues with showing/posting pics here that were hosted on PhotoBucket, so for that first link, I'm guessing that might have been the issue.

ImageShack has been going through some changes over the last few months. When you click on those links, they redirect to a different URL, possibly due to a change in their servers. So since there's a redirect, that could be why those ones don't work.

It might sound dumb, but I've never uploaded a file here directly because I thought it was a strain on the site's bandwidth. :shrug:
A few years ago, yeah that was a bit of an issue. With the upgrades/changes that have happened here since, it should no longer be a problem. IIRC, you usually use still pics (like JPGs) for your avvys. Those are small enough (in terms of filesize) that their effect on the forum's bandwidth is barely noticeable, so yeah, feel free to go ahead and UL them directly. As long as you're not trying to use/rotate through a series of animated GIFs that are around the filesize limit of what the forum allows (which should be ~500kB), there shouldn't be an issue.