I have noticed that the KR fandom has gotten more quiet after Drive started to air, and when you look at the weekly episode discussions for the show, you get the impression that not many people are watching it.
I have not seen the KR fans so quiet since the early days of HJU.

Do people dislike the show? Or do they simply hate Drive for not being Gaim?

Personally I really want to get into the show, but I have to admit that I find it a bit boring.
It seems like the show is trying to pick up some speed now (no pun intended), but not even Gaim's first 10 episodes were this hard to go through.
But as I said, I will continue to give it a chance and hope that it gets better.

What about you guys?

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
It's not that surprising, honestly. Drive has so much to live up to since Gaim was so well received.(at least, I'd like to think so)

Lurker
I actually think it's pretty good.

It's nice to get a break from the atmosphere of Gaim and back into the atmosphere of W/OOOs/Fourze.

MV Maker
Honestly, Drive had a lot of potential when it started (from episode 1, I wanted to know what Shinnosuke, Chase, and Belty's stories were), but the show doesn't seem interested in doing any of that, instead showing off the SCU's antics and the forgettable victims of the week. Personally, I'm still waiting for it to pick up (and hopefully things will keep going at ep.10's pace), but I also have a lot more patience for this than others (I marathoned Blade, NOTHING rider-related can top that show's dullness, especially in weekly chunks), so I can understand why others have given up. Some of the fights are enough to keep me going (the choreography is simply amazing at times, though Drive vs. Chase is starting to get old), and I completely understand why other's aren't warming to it.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
I think people are merely getting off the Gaim high and Drive has yet to pick up steam.

This is not surprising since most Toku shows only really start after the first course (i.e. the first 12 episodes), so that first quarter is usually dedicated to promoting all the new merchandise (count up how many toys has Drive showcased so far), establishing the characters and creating the status quo, so all the really good bits are saved for later.

If we were to look back in time, the general reaction towards the first quarter of Gaim was similar, i mean, there was a lot of expectation around it and people weren´t quite eager to get on board with the show, but once the first twist came along in episodes 13 and 14 the show really kicked off and never stopped until the end, crossover episodes not-withstanding.

Personally i am liking the show so far, nothing mind blowing but i can see the potential and i am just waiting for the show to really get going.

Though now that i think about it, Machine chaser has been really dull so far.

Well even though i am okay with drive there is one thing i believe that there are some group who doesn't like the drive season and that's those who prefer the riders in their traditional vehicles the bikes because bikes have been the traditional vehicle of kamen rider they liked it but since cars are now the main vehicle for this years rider drive people criticize it which i why believe that there are some people who don't like drive because the main rider rides a 'car' not 'bike. That's my opinion

It's nice to get a break from the atmosphere of Gaim and back into the atmosphere of W/OOOs/Fourze.

Yeah me too. :)

Shyni

This is the exact reason I'm not enthusiastic about Drive. I'd be more excited if it wasn't so... familiar. This kind of thing might work for other franchises, but I thought Rider had a bit more freedom to make the shows stand out from each other.

If we were to look back in time, the general reaction towards the first quarter of Gaim was similar, i mean, there was a lot of expectation around it and people weren´t quite eager to get on board with the show, but once the first twist came along in episodes 13 and 14 the show really kicked off and never stopped until the end, crossover episodes not-withstanding.

I recall more people being outright upset with things like the dance teams and the fruit motif, which is a little different from just generally low enthusiasm.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
There's a lot of backlash against Gaim in some places (most of it not on the fanboards, though) and most of those people seem to love Drive mainly because it's *not* Gaim. I'm also seeing a crowd who like it because they think it has a Showa feel (I disagree, but still.) I think this board is just quiet in general; Rangerboard, Rangercrew, and other places are a lot more active.

The primary complaints I'm seeing about Drive are its return to the post Den-O format and two-episode arcs, the villains being shallow, and/or feeling repetitive from the recent stuff Sanjo's written (which is going to happen as long as Toei keeps re-using him year after year; he'll be another Kobayashi or Inoue)

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I found Gaim to be incredibly boring and drawn out for the first three fifths of its series so I figured save myself the trouble and just wait for enough episodes to air so I can marathon Drive and when I am done the next series will begin. Of course since the fanboyism is not high this time I may start watching it soon. Plus if I watch Super-1 in its entirety before seeing Drive I will have seen the entire franchise.:buttrock: