He was retail. He went up so high since the figure is no longer in print and he's a very popular character. A lot of fans want him, so sellers on the after market are going to sell him for high prices knowing that fans will shell out a lot of money for him. It's the reason why SHF Baron, Dragon Ranger/MMPR Green, Kachidoki Arms and the DBZ figuarts go so high on the after market.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
That's reasonable I guess. I recall seeing him in retail for less than $30 when he was in print, so seeing how much he costs now just baffles me.

This is kind of a weird question, but why don't all figuarts use the wrist ball joints from Ryuki's line? It's practically the only reason I love the Ryuki figuarts so much. I can't stand the figuarts who use the smaller ball joints for the wrists because they just don't feel secure at all to me. It's the only reason I stopped collecting Gaim figuarts despite loving the show so much.

K

KamenRiderBritannia

batman arrived but with noticable qc failure on the paint on his bat chest symbol :(

I got Hibiki and he's fantastic. I wonder if Tamashii Nations will reissue Kabuto renewal because I feel bad on missing out on him? He went out of stock fast both in Japan and North America. He's currently $90 on NY and he has went up for $78 on Amazon. Kabuto is popular in Japan and with the Western toku fandom, so I'm not surprise he sold out fast.

batman arrived but with noticable qc failure on the paint on his bat chest symbol :(

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Can you repair it? Bats is a bit 'battle damaged' and maybe some black or dark grey gloss paint would help? My Bats and Joker are coming any day now, hope they will be okay. Unfortunately I bought from Amiami; these days they don't consider paint QC as defects.

It may also be a good excuse to get another one and have them displayed one with full mask and one with standard mask.

Btw Britannia, after posting, I went onto Shishioh.info and looked at his Batman pictorial and looks like the bat symbol on his has some markings as well... Of course I haven't seen your copy, but maybe the paint QC is deliberate, like battle damage?

Look at these pics of Hacchaka's Batman, he has a paint bubble on the left side of Batman's nose! That would really bug me especially considering how much it costs!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51935441.html

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with you this time, Kain. It's like Bandai has an A Team and B Team. B Team did Batman this time. :eyebrow:

The posing of the figure looks pretty great, but the headsculpt doesn't. I guess at a distance of a couple of feet, you wouldn't notice these issues as much. Still, for $50-$60 plus shipping, can't you expect flawless quality?

K

KamenRiderBritannia

ye ill work on getting a pic up here but its definitely a defect. Some of the dark grey paint has splattered onto the matte black of the bat symbol. Shame, it ruins what is otherwise a great figure. One of the best ive handled all year.

On a side note, Jokers pretty decent to. LOVE the head sculpt