This is not true, at least for me. Even if the Taisen movies suck, I still look forward to speculating and seeing the Legend Riders return in person. That is the big highlight for me with SHT and KRT. Those moments of seeing the heroes of the past return, possibly for the last time is so epic.

The whole "the older show, the less people will care" thing only applies to kids who didn't grow up watching it or fans who've never seen the show. But even then, I still care. Like with the new movie coming out next year, Black RX is back, I've never seen the show yet, but I am interested to see what happens with him and Drive.

The only satisfaction for me is seeing updates of the older Riders, even if I did not know what their show was about. Still didn't care for the story, though. It means I'll be curious enough to watch it, but I'm still gonna think it sucked hard.

I think that's what happened with the numbers.

But in the end I think that trying to care for the story was really my downfall.

Aww Black RX is returning that's nice. A Tridoron and Rideron scene is sure to happen. I'm still thinking the Spring "Rider" movie is going to be a sequel to SHTZ. There was a hack in the Drive Driver with a Kikaider and Toqger sound. So expect another mixed toku hero team up again.

Assuming that Bandai will do cars for Kikaider and ToQger. We had a leak sound for the Gaim Ressha a while ago and nothing happen since then.

Heroes are forever
But the Orphenoch King was just a suit cameo in Takumi's flashbacks. It's not like he was an actual active character in the movie. If Shinji pulls an Agito in Vs Dai-Shocker, just making an out of suit cameo in the end, yes, they won't bother. But if he's a main character like Tsukasa, Takumi, Jin or even Hongo they'd likely give an explanation for his presence.
Faiz end series spoilers ahead:
[HIDE]I meant the fact that he's still alive, and the Orphenoch (Takumi included) still live because of that. What is he doing about that nowadays? Who else is even attempting to do something about that?[/HIDE]
On an interesting note, seeing the Orphenoch King with his original actor would be quite something, how old is he now? The average of a Rider actor?

Heisei vs Showa performed better than any of Gaim's other movies. It also beat SHTZ, which focused only on newer heroes. So, there's obviously a big enough audience that cares about past heroes, not just the current season.
It's the Fujioka Factor.

Instead of other past Rider actors, I would rather have returning actors from Black RX.
Imagine having Rikiya Koyama back. That dude is AMAZING.

Atsuko Takahata is also still active, and would still make a great villainess.

Jun Koyamaki still talks fondly of her Tokusatsu years, so if Toei asked her for a short cameo, I bet she would do it.
Get that archer girl too. Archer girls are the rage these days.

Koyama did voice Bujin Gaim very recently, I would really like to see what Joe the Haze looks like in action in the movie.
Indeed. When I found out it was him I immediately thought of the possibilites. We need more side-characters returning, dammit, and this is a good one both for the actor's involvement with Toei and because he can be portrayed in such a great way. (He IS a cyborg, so they could give him the weird visor-thingy he had when Kotaro first met him and give him badass action scenes too, Joe is the kind of character that would do as much as a Rider).

EDIT: I thought about Shinji coming back as a main character ala Takumi, and if he does they HAVE to use the Mirror World.

I also mention this because my ambitious fanfics link BLACK RX's demon/mirror earth and Ryuki's Mirror World. But, ehem, that's another topic.

You know, with the advertisement saying Tetsuo Kurata new transformation sequence, I wonder if they are going to have him as the person that became Proto-Drive(with the suit and armor being mainly black) if they don't show the actual person for episode 0, or will he be a new rider for it; if so, I hope he will be one of the heroes and not one of the antagonist riders that we have recently seen.
If Tetsuo does come back as RX I wonder if it means we get to see a new form of RX; like of how Kuuga, after 10 years he had gained a new final form, as well did Den-O and Wizard.

If Tetsuo does come back as RX I wonder if it means we get to see a new form of RX; like of how Kuuga, after 10 years he had gained a new final form, as well did Den-O and Wizard.

The update specifically said that it was Kotaro, so it won't be an unrelated character. Anyway, it'd be interesting if RX actually gets a new form, and if well received it could open up the way to updates to other Showa Riders. However, I think chances are it'll be just a "new transformation" sequence.

Last edited:
Lurker
The update specifically said that it was Kotaro, so it won't be an unrelated character. Anyway, it'd be interesting if RX actually gets a new form, and if well received it could open up the way to updates to other Showa Riders. However, I think chances are it'll be just a "new transformation" sequence.

Yeah, most likely it just meant a new sequence and they w just glorifying it. But man, if it is a new form, this movie would get more hype than it is right now. Plus it could work in the same vein as Movie Wars where Drive and RX get new forms.

Well Ichigo, X and ZX all got updated transformations, so I'd guess it's the same thing. They already updated the RX transformation once for Decade, but it'd be fun to see it again (maybe in the same way that Heisei vs Showa seemed to have Ichigo transition through his original suit design to his modern one, they could have a transformation for RX where you get a glimpse of Batta Man and Black?), along with form changes to Robo Rider and Bio Rider for the first time since his series ended.

I hope that RX doesn't get a completely new form though. He gained his two alternate forms by being driven to extremes of emotion (grief for Robo Rider, rage for Bio Rider) that I'm not sure they would push him to that length in a crossover film. Plus they represent the two ways in which he was modified to become a Rider (cybernetics and bio engineering) so there isn't thematically room for a third.

Besides, he gained those forms in a REALLY good four-part story and it'd just make a mockery of it to throw in 'RX Drive Rider' or something. :redface2:

Lurker
Well Ichigo, X and ZX all got updated transformations, so I'd guess it's the same thing. They already updated the RX transformation once for Decade, but it'd be fun to see it again (maybe in the same way that Heisei vs Showa seemed to have Ichigo transition through his original suit design to his modern one, they could have a transformation for RX where you get a glimpse of Batta Man and Black?), along with form changes to Robo Rider and Bio Rider for the first time since his series ended.

I hope that RX doesn't get a completely new form though. He gained his two alternate forms by being driven to extremes of emotion (grief for Robo Rider, rage for Bio Rider) that I'm not sure they would push him to that length in a crossover film. Plus they represent the two ways in which he was modified to become a Rider (cybernetics and bio engineering) so there isn't thematically room for a third.

Besides, he gained those forms in a REALLY good four-part story and it'd just make a mockery of it to throw in 'RX Drive Rider' or something. :redface2:

Dang. Well now I feel like a fool for being ignorant of the stories behind RX's forms.

along with form changes to Robo Rider and Bio Rider for the first time since his series ended.

Black RX used them in both Decade tv and movie.

Anyway, you make a good point about the chances of an underwhelming introduction for a new form. It's especially likely if Yonemura remains the writer. Looking back, I don't think he ever did new forms well.

D

Dr Kain

Not even Kurata can get me to be willing to suffer through another predictable, cliche, boring as hell Super Hero Taisen movie.