Anime News Network has reported that there are TWO new Garo manga in development, one based on the Flower of Makai (season four) and an original one called 'Garo the Bible'. These are apparently in addition to the existing manga.

Also, apparently there's an official Garo youtube channel...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrxlc8GUW0"]Combined announcement[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx5ht9HhT88"]Flower of Makai movie[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kijB3CH8s"]Biku movie[/ame]
YESSSSS, I love YamiTera and is it really true about its 2nd season?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbUZp5H2edM"]YamiTera movie[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDeOdQRBNoQ"]Next series[/ame]

It might not be worth reading too much into them given how short they are, but Ryuga and Rian are the only two characters form season three that I spotted in those teasers. Sadly there's no more info on the musical.

So fucking glad were getting more Ryuga and possibly the co-cast back, personally I loved Yami, yeah it was different than how Garo normally tonally felt but I loved it. Hated the new season (Hana) with the dull ass lead that was Raiga, the entire cast for that series was also not good either, no real stand outs besides Zero's cameo appearance, lack of story and villain didn't help much either. Anyways woot more Yami!

Holy crud, all these Garo announcements :O_O:.

Man, is it a good time to be a Garo fan, and especially since it's all part of the 10th anniversary celebration :buttrock:.

I did enjoy season 3, and Ryuga as a character and as a lead, but after Makai No Hana I can't say I was really excited seeing him again and holding his own movie. But watching that trailer, knowing that Amemiya is going to have creative influence with the continuation of the season 3 story, and seeing Ryuga's new Armor, I'm now very much looking forward to seeing him back in his new movie as well as a new season with him as the star :thumbs:.

Also, the new Horror in the Gold Storm teasers looks pretty awesome too :coolshades:.

Looks like Rian also has a new outfit...one that's even better at showing off those nice legs of hers :D.

Biku getting her own spinoff movie is neat, especially since she was really cool in Makai No Hana and also pretty underutilized. Looking forward to seeing what that ends up being about :).

Also really looking forward to seeing Raiga back, and in his own movie, as well as what it will entail ;).

So the Garo anime is a split-cour, and will be coming back in a later season, and is getting a movie that will probably end up just being a recap. Par the course for anime's then :sweat:.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Except for the Raiga movie, I have no interest in the rest.

Ryuga was an awful character in a terrible series. I have no reason to care about more of his uninteresting, unlikable life.

The Reika/Jabi movie was down right dreadful so I have no reason to want to even touch the Biku stuff.

I guess they will just give a second season to any anime these days regardless of how garbage they are.

In the end, Garo just needs to stop and take a break. They have clearly run out of ideas.

Looks like Rian also has a new outfit...one that's even better at showing off those nice legs of hers :D.

This conclusively proves Keita Amemiya is a leg man. Jabi and Rekka wore short shorts and as soon as Amemiya starts being more hands-on with this part of the Garo universe... Rian starts wearing short shorts. I refuse to accept this is a mere coincidence.

Well I guess he and Sakamoto have that in common, though I'm not sure if I'd say one is more overt compared to another :sweat:.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I knew I'd see all that season 3 hate bullshit again here.

Super excited for all stuff (well, except for Biku, since I wasn't very impressed with that Reika movie). Loved season 3 and enjoying anime so far.

More GARO = more fun.

I knew I'd see all that season 3 hate bullshit again here.

Super excited for all stuff (well, except for Biku, since I wasn't very impressed with that Reika movie). Loved season 3 and enjoying anime so far.

More GARO = more fun.

Kinda my attitude towards all this news.

I find the way some people hate season 3 rather amusing. Especially when they try to spin OPINION as FACT.

I liked "The One Who Shines in the Darkness" - it wasn't the "Kouga Saejima years", but an interesting take on the concept, with a young, inexperienced Garo, having to prove himself as being worthy to everyone in a franchise where previously we've been told how awesome Garo is and how he's the creme de la creme of the Makai Knights.
For me, the increased presence of Amemiya on Gold Storm helps legitimize Ryuga. He's no longer the "Filler" season now.

I'd like the Raiga movie to be a story where the spawn of Kouga actually gets truly tested for once. I never felt that with Makai no Hana, either he was handed things too easily (Beating Zero at the age of ten, Gouten, even the armor itself) or was a bit too Marty-Stu (Overcoming the "Lost Soul" form a bit too conveniently). I like him, and think he fits the role of Garo well, but more tension wouldn't go amiss.

As for the Biku movie... I have faith. When I first saw Jabi and Rekka, I wouldn't have thought they'd one day get their own movie, as fantastic as Jabi's solo episode of Makai Senki was. I liked Tougen no Fue. My only concern is that we've seen so little of Biku so far, compared to Jabi & Rekka's screentime.

The anime's fine. I just hope it points more people toward the infintely superior live-action show.

I enjoyed season 3, and I didn't hate it as some of my comments in the old episode threads might imply, but there was a lot in there that I thought they could've done much better. I felt the same about Makai No Hana, but it feeling more like a proper Garo series and how satisfied I felt after the finale left me with a bitter overall impression about it in comparison. But again, still looking forward to seeing more Ryuga (and Rian), especially with Amemiya working on it :).

I thought Raiga had plenty of challenges in the show, even if he pretty much always came on top by the end, with some of the stronger Horrors or Giru. And to be fair, I don't think the fight with Rei was as serious as to tell who was stronger than who :sweat:.

Though I'm sure a movie-level threat will provide plenty of challenge for him :thumbs:.