Kamen Rider Drive Ep 6 - "For Whom Does The Warrior Fight?"

In Justice, We Trust!
Ugh, and I thought the giant monster fights in Den-O were bad…it's far worse in Drive IMO.

"Training."
IMO the giant monsters and Trideron's mode changing ability wasn't even needed for this series :laugh:

I can appreciate Tridoron changing modes for each Type, since they are based off of different kinds of vehicles and have different colors. I just wish the CG wasn't so bad. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I would have liked it better if they had made the alternate modes out of real cars.

Tridoron's mode changing makes sense in a toy perspective, actually, but yeah it probably isn't all too necessary in the series. They tried to explain it in-show, but it was more shoehorned, really.

If this were a high budget show they could've used actual custom cars for each form (and only CGI for the transformation) and it would've been awesome but, alas, woe are we.

MV Maker
Finally got around to watching this (I'm probably just going to wait for TV-N's version from now on). Anyway, I like this episode. The solution to the whole poison thing was a bit of a cop-out, but at least Shinnosuke has at least one non-combat tire. This also goes to show how much better the show is when it's not focusing on the SCU acting like morons (but, that bit with Shin, the boss, and HurricaneYellow was actually kinda touching, at least to me). As for the fights, this episode had some of the better ones so far, as there were almost no tire changes to slow things down, and Shin bringing down Chaser felt completely deserved, though it kinda fell apart with the cg fight (which only really suffers from the fact that it's a car fighting a snake -- there's no way they could've made that work) and the finisher with the Handle Sword.
Again, good episode, and I hope the SCU improves over time.

Cool episode. Liked the revelation that Drive can cause the dense shifts and that not just anybody can become Drive. The whole corrupted cop thing worked and I loved seeing the whole special investigations unit teaming up to stop it (with Rinna working undercover). Also the scene where the guy who played HurricaneYellow restores Shinnosuke's faith in humanity was pretty touching.

Mad Doctor seems useful enough, like his poke at the name. The fight scene with Mashin Chaser was so awesome, and I love Type Wild. It looks great, the tire on the shoulder works better IMO and the colours are very appealing. The fact that his car flips over to become Type Wild makes me wonder how it will change to other forms (if it does). CGI was pretty awful, but the fight scene itself and finisher was pretty great.

Lurker
Mr. Belt clearly states "Drive can create density shift effects"

Finally can watch it this morning :)
Shift Car and Viral Core look alike, even maybe Shift Car is evolution of good Roidmude.
So it is not strange if Drive too can have that ability or maybe in my theory, Slow Down ability is more like natural feature of Roidmude and they just learn how to control it.
If someday Drive can use it, it will cool to see his slow down ability go berserk to the point no one on earth can move. Tomari get depressed then when he can control it is the time for Ultimate form debut.

Drive 6:

- How can he not know what Drive looks like? He spends all that time surfing the Web for rumors and not once has seen a picture??

- Why is there a shrine on a rooftop?

- That giant cobra looks like a blue rat's head attached to a rope.

- I don't much like Wild's color scheme. All black on one side and all silver on the other. I get that it's the underside of a car (and it worked with RV Robo in Carranger) but as a costume it just doesn't look that good. At the very least the chest piece should be all black.

- Is Kusaka a Roimude? Or is this just a lead-in to next episode? If the latter, it seems a tad overdramatic since we're likely not going to see him again.