Well, Drive gives me this throwback feeling to Go-Busters: a toku series following an epic series that seems to focus on policing task-force. GB we have the Enetron protection team, here we have a police team.
Drive also seems to try to return the glory of W by returning the use of a car and gimmicky toys (car toys) and using police force as background. Shinnosuke is in fact a police officer.
About the toy cars themselves: I suspect they actually harbor the souls of a rebel Roidmudes (this is probablye the most WTF name for enemy gang ever, a made up word that is complicated and doesn't even sound cool) that agree to helps Belt. I wonder why Belt doesn'tmake himself a Kamen Rider?
Machine Chaser himself is probably a brainwashed human forced to serve the Brain and Heart (really?) of Roimrudes gang....
I will go along..this is a Kamen Rider series after all...

Neither Yuki nor Gentaro once became annoying for me. Only Not!Yuuki during the Gemini arc, probably.

Yes, well, you're the same person who thinks Kyoryuger is the greatest masterpiece of tokusatsu history >.>

As far as Yuki goes, the Aquarius arc was especially painful. In fact, almost all the Horoscope arcs toward the end were disappointing for how rushed and MOTW-esque they were. The Horoscopes lost their cult-like presentation. I would've loved to see a new take on Volt's Doctor trio vs their former friends/classmates. (Which arcs like Aquarius and Capricorn admittedly had, but again, rushed and filled with headache-inducing nonsense.)

Regarding Yuki, it was frustrating was how mishandled she was in her four focus episodes in the Horoscope arc, but she had good scenes in the other episodes where she was shown to be a pretty well rounded supporting character. Look at her scenes in the second part of the Kyoto arc, Taurus arc or the final arc.

Anyway, what's killing Drive to me right now is exactly the toy cars too. They completely ruin any action scenes when they take over. Gaim's fruit theme, in comparison, was much less intrusive since the fruits were just props. Their CG budget likely will force them to be less used later, but for now they're pretty much ruining the show.

Yes, well, you're the same person who thinks Kyoryuger is the greatest masterpiece of tokusatsu history >.>

I don't. And even if I do, I don't see how that has to do with anything. It's not my fault people get annoyed by inane and harmless things.

Oh and Kyoryuger was a great series. After rewatching it through several times until I got bored, it was still only the boredom that irked me significantly. Even when I was trying to fault-find it.

As far as Yuki goes, the Aquarius arc was especially painful. In fact, almost all the Horoscope arcs toward the end were disappointing for how rushed and MOTW-esque they were. The Horoscopes lost their cult-like presentation. I would've loved to see a new take on Volt's Doctor trio vs their former friends/classmates. (Which arcs like Aquarius and Capricorn admittedly had, but again, rushed and filled with headache-inducing nonsense.)

Meh, she was a space otaku. Probably a bit overboard, but hardly annoying. It's not like the character was intruding into my personal space or was deliberately trying to ruin the peaceful life of others repeatedly just because.

Meh, she was a space otaku.

That's no reason to act like a complete spazz that would have been committed anywhere else.

Probably a bit overboard, but hardly annoying. It's not like the character was intruding into my personal space or was deliberately trying to ruin the peaceful life of others repeatedly just because.

She intruded heavily into my personal space and ruined my peaceful enjoyment of a superhero show.

So does Shunpei, Akiko, Maki, Oren and Jounochi when they're being stupid, and all those characters who think they're in Nurse Ratchet's asylum is the only way silly toddlers can be entertained.

That's no reason to act like a complete spazz that would have been committed anywhere else. .

Have you seen how extreme some otakus act? What Yuki was doing was delightfully cute, and turned out quite constructively positive, in comparison.

She intruded heavily into my personal space and ruined my peaceful enjoyment of a superhero show.

So does Shunpei, Akiko, Maki, Oren and Jounochi when they're being stupid, and all those characters who think they're in Nurse Ratchet's asylum is the only way silly toddlers can be entertained.

I had a longer, more detailed response, but I didn't think it was fair so I'll say this instead: They're not actually intruding into your personal space, you only think AND choose that they do.

Last edited:
Have you seen how extreme some otakus act? What Yuki was doing was delightfully cute, and turned out quite constructively positive, in comparison.

So she's just the tip of the ship-breaking iceberg. Wonderful :redface2:

I had a longer, more detailed response, but I didn't think it was fair so I'll say this instead: They're not actually intruding into your personal space, you only think AND choose that they do.

I was only using your wording facetiously. "It's not like the character was intruding into my personal space or was deliberately trying to ruin the peaceful life of others..."

It just occured to me that the crazy painter dude is that comedian who accidentally blogged about being on the show too early and had to take his post down.
Forgot to mention but anybody else noticed that Trideron was CGIed into the street scenes? I think the fancy prop car isn't even street legal... that's gonna end up a problem I bet.
There's some on-screen text displayed during the next episode previews (I think OverTime only bothered to translate it in episode one) that says that they only drive the car on private property and with the property owner's consent. I don't know about Japanese laws specifically, but here in the UK I'm pretty sure it'd be illegal to have an open wheel as Trideron does. Given that Trideron has a sliding panel to cover that gap when it's driving around normally, I'm guessing that it's the same over there, so they couldn't drive it on public highways once the panel was removed. Plus that super low nose means you're screwed if you encounter a speed hump or even a deep pothole.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly been quite a few years since there was a Sentai I enjoyed as much as Kyoryu (discounting Akibaranger). But I wasn't a Fourze fan at all. As far as the KR Club went, you rarely needed more than one of them at a time for a scene, so the rest just had to stand there not doing anything. It's a shame, as the actresses especially gave me the impression that they would've been pretty capable performers if only they had some material to work with. :disappoin

So she's just the tip of the ship-breaking iceberg. Wonderful :redface2:
[/I]

Well, it means there still are icebergs and we're still not submerged in hundreds of feet of water, so that's a VERY good sign. And again, no ships and people were actually harmed, so not really ship-breaking, either.

I was only using your wording facetiously. "It's not like the character was intruding into my personal space or was deliberately trying to ruin the peaceful life of others..."
[/I]

My bad for misunderstanding.

Typically, when someone uses something facetiously, it should actually at least come close to present an argument due to absurdity. Otherwise it comes out as just a plain meaningless non-argument. That's what happened.

Lurker

I don't mean to make an accusation but are you sure when you say Yuki act are delightfully cute otakus act without biased by the fact Yuki is a cute girl?
I mean yes, i get biased by first couple episodes before she wear those weird costume and get excited every moment to shout at everything she saw
I like when she is with Kengo, it is like she try to make lively conversation with him.
But when she is with other KRC, it is like they are compete to get most attention by doing silly act, and by the time, Yuki get escalated to become a kid with hyperactive disorder.

Back into topic, just like KRC and their antics, actually guy with glasses in SCU is better without those doll.
He still can be showed as abnormal guy in abnormal special team
Those doll make him unrealistic as member of police force except if he is from private sector hired just for this job