D

Dr Kain

I don't recall Black having any more sexism than usual for toku shows. I've just started watching RX in the last few days and the first few episodes don't seem to have any either. But I do remember watching the first couple of episodes of Stronger a while back, and pretty much every line that the title character said to Tackle was sexist. Maybe you're thinking of that show?

I wouldn't even call that sexist. I call that Japan.

Speaking of...
Was it Black or Black RX that was known for its sexism? I forget, have yet to watch either of them.

Episooode...45, I think of Black (not RX) was SUPREMELY sexist. To the extent that they insinuated that women getting jobs and not staying in the kitchen was all thanks to an evil organization's sinister plot to overthrow society.

Well, sarcasm like that is the brother (or I should say, sister) of mass guillotining. >>

But seriously, I don't remember any such episode. Granted though it's been years since I've seen either show.

Seriously, just watch from around the 3 minute to 5 minute mark of KR Black Ep. 45 (you can find it on YouTube at the moment, though who knows for how long).

Some of Gorgom's speeches are just lolworthy.

Just watched it... all I see are women going into trances, some leaving little children abandoned and in danger, and Gorgom saying how this is disrupting normal society. So nothing at all like what you just said.

Just watched it... all I see are women going into trances, some leaving little children abandoned and in danger, and Gorgom saying how this is disrupting normal society. So nothing at all like what you just said.

Meh, people see what they're looking for, if you catch my drift.

Although, I'd make some notes that, considering some things that have happened IRL, I'd say it's not that far-fetched. Mess with humanity's natural social structures, and you are going to have BAD things happen. Just look at the blacks nowadays.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Episooode...45, I think of Black (not RX) was SUPREMELY sexist. To the extent that they insinuated that women getting jobs and not staying in the kitchen was all thanks to an evil organization's sinister plot to overthrow society.

I see nothing sexist about that comment?

You might as well just say ZyuRanger is sexist because Grifforzer tells Lami to go back home to do laundry as the battlefield is not for women.

I see nothing sexist about that comment?

You might as well just say ZyuRanger is sexist because Grifforzer tells Lami to go back home to do laundry as the battlefield is not for women.

Why yes. Yes that is. But these things were all products of their time. Plus they're from completely different cultures from many of us viewing it.

I make no judgments, but I do think they are sexist viewpoints/comments for a show to have/make.

Plus, villain. Not a role model.

Even if I agree with half of it.(Ladies, guys are built to fight. Let us do our job here, otherwise you nullify half of hormonal makeup's existence.)