This show...is just plain bad. And not just bad, it's borderline terrible. I had serious trouble just sitting through this episode.

I've never seen a Rider show that I've felt so put-off by as to not want to watch it at all...but this one is in gear and rocketing off the line towards that conclusion.

I don't know if it's the acting, the obvious toyetics, or something I couldn't as easily name, but there is SOMETHING about this show that is screaming at me to stop watching it.

I only wish they had made the shift cars look more high-tech.
W also had a ton of toy gadgets that it had to promote, but they all looked like something a high-tech detective would use.
Even Gaim with it's silly fruit theme managed to make the Lock Seeds look cool, and have a cool backstory.

In Drive, they are not even trying to hide the fact that these are small toy cars, and it does not go well with the overall theme of the show, which actually seems to be pretty dark.

Lurker
Actually W is toyetic too
seriously a Beetle as a Phone? a spider in your hand as a watch?
but - Shotaro use it exclusively make it look like secret tool of detective
it feels awkward to see Philip put a Beetle in his ear and talk
but Shotaro use Spider when he fall make it look so cool

in Gaim, the way they wave around those lockseed will take your eyes more than the lockseed itself
I started adore lockseed after Takatora did his transformation

Drive still have no amusing way to use his shift car
maybe because they still actively promote its toy and make cast keep pretending communicate with plastic car just to shove it to our face about this toy

Well, a pretty good episode.

I find it hilarious that the belt used to be a person, lol. I don't know why, just when he awoke from his nightmare, it was really comedic.

Shinnosuke slacking off again, glad they didn't get that over with in the first episode. I am okay with the Special Investigations unit shenanigans cause it's not the first time something this wacky has appeared in Rider.

Interesting that Hayase was only badly injured, but I think it gives good motivation for Shinnosuke to act. When he figured out the Roimude's plan, I loved that he actually did detective work. While rushed, it makes it feel a lot more like a police drama than I was expecting.

Car chase was awesome at first but the CG at the end killed it. Damn it was bad. And the fight was awesome, very Kabuto-esque. Loved the Rider punch finisher.

Villains seem very intriguing. Chase looks badass. Also, I am so glad the ending leads into the next episode. You can do self-contained 2 parters all you want but the main way to get people excited for the next episode is by having a cliff hanger. This succeeds in that sense for sure.

While Shinnosuke may not be able to get pass his guilt, Hayase suggested that he uses it as motivation. Also for the Roimude to call him a Kamen Rider has given Shinnosuke something to think about, to where he'll find out that they are others like him.

Drive 2:

- The opening scene reminds me of the church fight in Kuuga episode 2.

- Mr. Belt created the Roimudes?

- Is that Queen and Elizabeth in the cafeteria? Or just Drive's version of weird side characters that our hero knows?

- The Shift Cars are really killing the mood of the show. At least with the other mini gadgets they were animals (except in Fourze); still bad but you could still buy it. Not so with cars.

I still say they should have been keys instead.

- Why is Shin even running away all the time? He's supposed to be a slacker, not a coward.

- I'm really starting to hate this police unit. Even Shin's good moments are diluted by his nonsense with Kiriko and others. The villains actually seem to take things more seriously and thus appear more competent and interesting to watch.

- So all the Roimudes are Spiders, Bats and Cobras?

- I agree with Hayase. Six months and his leg is still like that? What is this, the VA? >.>

- I hope that green screen effect doesn't occur every time Shin solves a case.

- I like how Gen complains about being ordered about but slaps Shin on the shoulder anyway :laugh:

- No! I will not start my engine until you stop saying that stupid line in your stupid voice!

- Bat carrying Spider reminds me of the Bat carrying Hiroshi in ZO.

- Stop using the OP in fights! It's a terrible fight song. Like most Heisei Rider OPs, really.

- "Onore, Kamen Rider!" would have been better dying words.

- Chase is a hitman? Interesting.

- I want the G3 Unit back, damnit!

- Is every episode where a case is solved going to have a cliffhanger like this one? That will get boring quick.
-

- Is that Queen and Elizabeth in the cafeteria? Or just Drive's version of weird side characters that our hero knows?
-

I'm wondering that as well.

It's definitely not Queen and Elizabeth, but it also was definitely a throwback to them. I'm not familiar with the idol scene to know who they are, or whether they're cameos the audience is supposed to recognize.

I'm wondering that as well.

It's definitely not Queen and Elizabeth, but it also was definitely a throwback to them. I'm not familiar with the idol scene to know who they are, or whether they're cameos the audience is supposed to recognize.
They're two of the members of Kamen Rider Girls. The ones that wear the OOO and Fourze Drivers, if it's easier for you to remember them that way.

That so?

The one on the left looks as though she could use some seconds from the cafeteria. And I don't know if a Queen and Elizabeth throwback works or is appropriate in a police setting. At least Q and E were kids.