I liked him when he wasn't a god
Which is what I said "Nazca done right' in that he becomes a KR and a hero of justice instead of being killed off by Saeko.

There is no "Nazca done right." Nazca fulfilled his purpose in the show. He was redeemed through death, and he served as a reason for W to continue fighting so that others like him could be saved. Just because some people would have liked him to stay longer does not mean that he was "done wrong." If Chase survives and becomes a hero, his role will be different from Kirihiko's.

Nazca acted like he would be some kind of double agent character (with the way he kept snooping around the Sonozaki mansion eavesdropping on their conversations, and otherwise getting significant screentime), but he ended up serving little to no real purpose in the story.

Scorpio in Fourze turned out similarly (long-term ineffectual character), except she stayed a villain. No one even remembered her at the end beyond Ohsugi, and he's too pathetic to count.

Lurker
I remember Nazca, but I honestly don't remember diddly squat about Fourze. It was just that unappealing to me. So far Drive seems to be doing well, & so I guess that guy in the flashback was Mr. Belt? I wonder if they're going to do his past similar to how they do it with Oliver Queen in CW's Arrow...hope not.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Nazca acted like he would be some kind of double agent character (with the way he kept snooping around the Sonozaki mansion eavesdropping on their conversations, and otherwise getting significant screentime), but he ended up serving little to no real purpose in the story.

Scorpio in Fourze turned out similarly (long-term ineffectual character), except she stayed a villain. No one even remembered her at the end beyond Ohsugi, and he's too pathetic to count.

My point is that he was not ever going to be a long term character. He had no hope of survival. He was part of the setup of Saeko's love interest changing with each arc, and just before Saeko killed him he found out he was dying anyway from the effects of the "evolved" Nazca (which was foreshadowed before that.) To become a Kamen Rider, he'd have had to be a different character. Saying that making Chase a Rider would be "doing Kirihiko right" isn't an accurate comparison because it makes him out to be something he was not, and was never intended to be.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Because his name is written with Japanase kanji, so it's meant to be in Japanese.

They're Chinese characters as well and taking the shows heavy chinese influence into account gives credence to using an L considering that Chinese uses Ls and not Rs

Last edited:
Orange
They're Chinese characters as well and taking the shows heavy chinese influence into account gives credence to using an L considering that Chinese uses Ls and not Rs
While I agree that Leo would definitely make more sense considering he was a lion, but there is a difference between Rio and Leo, at least in terms of Japanese. His kanji is Ri oh and Leo in Japanese is pronounced Leh oh. The katakana is totally different. And Rs and L's in Japanese is interchangeable so you could have it be Lio if you want, just not Leo.

And just a heads up, for Chinese, there is a separate pinyin for r and l, so they're not really interchangeable.

Last edited: