レイモン (雷蒙)
Nice to see Build Burning Gundam using Martial Arts for the actions.

Gah, that was a total chore to watch.
From what I can tell, the sense of scale that s1 had is removed for every anime school/club cliche* they can come up with; I didn't feel like I was watching the show I wanted to see, I felt like I was watching Build Fighters: K-On. If I do watch any more, I hope it improves greatly otherwise eck, I'll stick with G-Reco.

(*"Oh no, our cub will be shut down!", "Oh no, I fell on top of that boy; Yada yada, I-I'm so embarrassed!", "Oh no, a rival club member is a giant jerk!", etc.)

Funny, because the background story reminded me more of a K-drama. It's almost perfectly set-up for one. Probably because I don't watch those slice-of-life school anime. And the "save the club trope" reminds me more of Kuroko no Basket and Inazuma Eleven more than anything. Inazuma Eleven's scale isn't exactly small.

In the end, it was not really the part of the episode that stuck with me.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Never saw those nor do I watch K-dramas so, the closest "Save our club" thing I could think of was K-On.

Lurker
This episode was a checklist of predictable anime cliche, but goddamnit I still loved it :laugh:

Build Burning Gundam looks really good in motion.

Lurker
I like Hoshina? & her GM better than Sei already. I also lol'd when the older sister suddenly came in

The new Tendou Souji
I dunno what did it more - Yuu looking out the window with sad music playing or one character saying they'd have to battle other clubs.. to stay open(?)... therefore, locking themselves into this format they have going on and not trying to branch out like s1 did.

But screw it, I'm out. Hope you guys enjoy this more than I did.

Lurker
If by the end of this series Yuuma hasn't said "Don't call me partner" I will be very disappointed :laugh:

Another good episode.