Wizard and Fourze until around the 40s.

Wizard maybe. But Fourze barely had any episodes that wasn't important to the overall plot. And among those episodes, not all were particularly "bad comedy" (whatever that means). THe Capricorn and Gemini ones for example weren't exactly funny hijinks. I'd even argue that because it wasn't mostly comedy that it was out of place.

Last edited:
R

raden238

Wizard maybe. But Fourze barely had any episodes that wasn't important to the overall plot. And among those episodes, not all were particularly "bad comedy" (whatever that means). THe Capricorn and Gemini ones for example weren't exactly funny hijinks. I'd even argue that because it wasn't mostly comedy that it was out of place.

For me, the first 20 episodes of Fourze weren't important at all. It was just Gentaro befriending all the club members. Once Cancer came along and the Meteor Storm debut episode, that's when the show picked up.

Lurker
From Fourze, the only arc I would go back to watch is the Meteor arc and from Wizard is the All-Dragon arc. I don't really care about anything else from those shows.

The show is copying enough stuff from W and Fourze without adding more to it.

The term is Sanjoism, a plot element or elements that is reused by Riku Sanjo in any show he is heavily creatively involved in. One such example is the idea of mentor heroes such as Skull or Torin.

Proto-Drive/Chase Fanboy
THERE WAS ANOTHER DRIVE!!!!...wait, he's black instead of red?

[hide] __episode_3_preview_images_by_kamen_riders-d82gyiz.png[/hide]

The term is Sanjoism, a plot element or elements that is reused by Riku Sanjo in any show he is heavily creatively involved in. One such example is the idea of mentor heroes such as Skull or Torin.

But do they have to do the exact or almost exact same thing over and over?

At least Kobayashi's shows are spaced apart so that her plot devices don't feel as repetitive. Even ToQger has adjusted the "villains gather energy for something" setup from what Gingaman, Shinkenger and Go-Busters did.

The same reason Inoue is fixated over misunderstandings and rivers. When you are being worked like a machine and writing like 50+ scripts per year, you are going to be recycling a lot of ideas. Remember all Sanjo has been doing is toku since the start of Fourze: secondary write on Fourze -> preproduction and planning on Kyoryuger (after Fourze) -> writing all the episodes of Kyoryuger -> preproduction/planning for Drive (after Kyoryuger) -> main writer on Driver.

It's not like Kobayashi, Urobuchi or Nakashima where they do other stuff like novels, anime or VNs. All he has done is toku for like two years (barring that fiasco with Digimon). And that stint on Kyoryuger probably did to him what writing Faiz did to Inoue. Because it might be a creative challenge to write everything, but I am almost certain that sort of schedule will burnout the writer creatively

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
I mentioned this elsewhere but, I do recall when I bought (then returned to the store for unrelated reasons) this video game called "Ephemeral Fantasia" that was written by Riku Sanjo and..

There's this one point where this one "lead guard" woman gets all mad after the lead MC meets the princess, the talking sword later comments that he feels she sees her as a love rival.
At the time, it just made me laugh a lil inside due to how close it seemed to people's complaints over KyoryuPink.