Hmmm. It actually looks a bit better than I was expecting, I will admit, but I'll wait to see how it plays. Still miffed on how they're handling the concept. I would've just gone all out and made everything into figures, really get peoples' collecting gears turning - this seems to be a much cheaper alternative.

Somebody
The figure to the left of Fourze looks like Wizard Infinity.
krsr3-600x439.png

Toys and games are gonna kill my wallet again.

Lurker
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnB0rcLtY5U"]kamen rider summonride trailer 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Well, the graphics look better than I was expecting.

That's about all I can say for this right now. :laugh:

Lurker
i never played games like this before, how do you actually play this? with the Figures or with a Controller?

Lurker
i never played games like this before, how do you actually play this? with the Figures or with a Controller?

Controller. Figurines are just a very elaborate and entirely too expensive character select mechanic.

Lurker
Controller. Figurines are just a very elaborate and entirely too expensive character select mechanic.

i see, so it's somewhat still playable than i thought, how much for the PS3 starter pack? i might get it if it's less than $60 and only characters/form need to be bought(in that the full game is still playable till the ending even if you only have the freebies bundled with the game)

i'm probably going to be pretty content playing only as Drive, Gaim, and Wizard anyways, the others can wait until BW3 is out.

also, i guess games like this cannot be pirated? seeing that it has an external gimmick required in order to play it?

Lurker
What's worse is that I don't think the game can be played with just a controller because the Skylanders-styled games are pretty nice and relaxing A-RPGS and this seems pretty nice.

Or am I wrong here and the characters can be unlocked without the figures and change via menus?

Lurker
What I fear is that this will completely replace other KR games. I barely survived the blow of no more Climax Heroes. If I lose Battride War already, it's too much.

What's worse is that I don't think the game can be played with just a controller because the Skylanders-styled games are pretty nice and relaxing A-RPGS and this seems pretty nice.

Or am I wrong here and the characters can be unlocked without the figures and change via menus?
No, you need the figures. Ideally, this is a good thing. If this takes off, figures should get rereleases with each game as the roster grows.

Unfortunately, I actually fear the opposite to what Hentailover does - I fear they're playing much too safe with this. With almost everything being relegated to chips, rather than promoting a rich roster and a need to run out and get all the figures, I suspect they have very little faith in this project compared to how Skylanders and Disney Infinity roll.

On the other hand, I wouldn't count on BW3 yet based on that - given we're now sitting between two generations, we may be waiting for a while yet for it, if it comes at all, since it's not exactly using the PS3 to the fullest as it is anyway. To have to jump to the PS4... It'll either be awesome or mean we won't get one until 2016.