Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 45 - "The Final Battle of the Two Destined People!"

Lurker
I'm kinda confused why did they let Kaito spare Zack. Had Kaito killed Zack, it would have been a great way to justify him as the main villain. It feels like the hold thing with Zack and Yoko is just to buy some times for Kouta vs Kaito

I agree Kaito is kind of weird. Yes, he wants the Golden Fruit but he considers that and Mai separate. The scene is almost romantic, but it doesn't really fit Kaito's character. It's not that he wants Mai FOR the Golden Fruit - he wants Mai AND the Golden Fruit.

In fact, he spared Zack, even complimenting him on his growth, and was very sweet to Yoko as she was dying. Did Kaito really change in the last couple of arcs? Does he mean what he says? I guess we won't know until the next episode.

Some other thoughts on this episode.

Assuming this is the last scene involving "evil" Mitchi, I thought it was pretty powerful. The ghost finally left him but now he realizes that he really is alone and feels immense regret over killing Takatora. Damn man.

Also I'll comment on Oren's knowledge of explosives. Pretty cool to bring up that military aspect of him again after never really building on it. Zack trying to blow up Kaito was pretty brutal.

Though I do like how Zack does tell Kaito that "he changed, but Kaito hasn't changed at all". Again, is Kaito hiding something?

I didn't really like Yoko but I felt her death was pretty fitting. And DAMN there are a lot of Invess suits.

Kouta and his sister had a great moment in this episode, and Kouta eating a fruit and tastes its flavour while crying because he knows he can't be a normal human again is kind of haunting. I wonder if we will get a surprise Overlord form?

The evacuation scene could have been done better IMO, it's just like What? Seriously, the timing couldn't be any worse.

And finally, the fight scene. Oh man. It was fantastic. All the Invess in an all-out war, the amount of giant Invess present... and the progression. From Orange vs Banana arms, to Sakura Hurricane vs Rose Attacker race. And then the Dandeliners, Jinba Lemon vs Mango and Lord Baron vs Kachidoki. That's how you do a final battle. You keep building up till they reach the ultimate power. Not to mention the music in the background made this extraordinarily good.

Yes, he wants the Golden Fruit but he considers that and Mai separate. The scene is almost romantic, but it doesn't really fit Kaito's character. It's not that he wants Mai FOR the Golden Fruit - he wants Mai AND the Golden Fruit.

For Kaito, is there any other motivation for wanting Mai aside from the Ogon no Kajitsu?
Romantic love? Friendship? I've re-watched their interaction with each other in previous episodes and I don't think it's any of those. If it indeed was romance or friendship it looks so random and sudden.

For Kaito, Mai is his ideal queen since she happens to be very strong. Which he has seen especially when the world went to hell, she didn't despair.

Also seeing Kouta & Kaito fighting, it felt that they were destined to be the final two.

"Training."
Episode 1 made it clear that Kouta and Kaito would be the final two in the race for the Golden Fruit. The difference is that Takatora and Micchy are observers and all other extra Armoured Riders are out of commission in the war.

what happens

what happens to mitsuzane?

and in the next episode do you think jonouchi will find out about hase?

For Kaito, is there any other motivation for wanting Mai aside from the Ogon no Kajitsu?
Romantic love? Friendship? I've re-watched their interaction with each other in previous episodes and I don't think it's any of those. If it indeed was romance or friendship it looks so random and sudden.

there is some information for the background story for kaito.
- His parent abandoned him after his father company went bankrupt because of yggdrasil
- The souce of income for kaito's family came from his father's company. His mother thought that she will never be able to support kaito anymore leave him in the orphanage
- While in orphanage he keep waiting for his parent to show up to pick him up, he always decline adoption for 16 years for this but reality is cruel and he never met his parent after that day.
- The shy and depressed kid kaito in the shrine was comforted by kid mai, she saw him and tried to dance as a miko to made him feel better. For kaito her dance gives him strenght to move forward. but in the end the shrine got destroyed because of yggdrasil again.
- Aa a tribute for the shrine and the girl, kaito decided to do dancing and at that time dancing was pretty popular because of yggdrasil's plot to blame the beat rider if the problem with the crack went out of control.

as you all know, finally kaito knew that the girl in the shrine was mai from a couple of episode ago. so he held some degree of affection for mai.

OH, and kaito already meet kouta when he still in highschool. He bumped into someone and instead of picking a fight with him, that person just apologized to him. Kaito think that this person (kouta) is weak because of that.

Considering Kaito has always complemented Mai for her strength, my own head canon is that if he does remake the world with the Ogon no Kajitsu and become its king, he would make Mai his queen as he considered her worthy enough for it.

Kaito having a crush on Mai isn't a surprise if you actually consider all Gaim related material, rather than just the Urobuchi written episodes (not only the Kaito prequel novel, but also Toqger vs Gaim).

Well RIP Minato, another female Rider that cannot survive the series, but she is the longest survived out of all the female Riders (I don't really count Nadeshiko as one, she's not human anyway).

Realistically the bomb would have flown Kaito off the building but I doubt it would have killed him anyway. Zack should have been dead from that bomb with that sort of distance. Minato really should have been in bits, I mean at least give her some fake blood?

I didn't like Minato dying from such a weak bomb, it makes the Genesis Driver Riders look really weak. They were initially shown to be able to shrug off finishers from the Sengoku Driver Riders, so it's odd that a small bomb can just destroy one of them like that.

-The entire premise with Zack trying to blow up Kaito was just poorly handled. Why couldn't they have Kaito just go all Demushu on Zack in the previous episode? He'd pretty much end up where they are at now and they'd have saved up about 10 minutes of screentimes.

I think the point is to differentiate Zack from Kouta's path, since after becoming a Rider it seemed like Zack was just as heroic as Kouta, but this way it shows how their characters differ, while if Kaito had just attacked him we'd still be left with a blank there.