I lost my mind and picked up the Kamen Rider Ryuki and Dragreder, which arrived yesterday. Even though I was impressed with more recent releases like Gaim and Zangetsu, I think Ryuki may be one of my very favorites.

The metal feet are fantastic! The only other Figuart I own with this feature was W, and I'd found them more of a burden than a benefit on him. Here, it's seamless.

The engineering is just phenomenal. I wonder if Bandai spent extra time and effort on this compared to other Riders because they knew they'd be able to re-use the body so many times. I can't find a single complaint other than some slightly messy visor paint. (Of course, I don't have any Renewal Riders yet for comparison. I'm impatient for BBTS to receive Hibiki!)

I didn't initially like the Ryuki suit designs, until I realized that the contract monsters are essentially part of the design. Dragreder is just absurdly cool-looking, even if getting it into just-the-right-pose on its stand requires a great deal of patience.

Aftermarket prices are dictating that I won't be able to pick up Kamen Rider Knight. I suppose it's too much to hope Bandai will produce a renewal version someday. Ryuki has aged remarkably well! I think I'm spoiled on Figuarts expectations, now.

If you like metal feet, then I think you'd also like G3/G3X. G4 is just overpriced for very little features. (I like my accessories!) I guess being black is a feature.

G3-X is just insanely detailed, but I like my G3 as well.

Also, Ixa has metal feet.

The engineering is just phenomenal. I wonder if Bandai spent extra time and effort on this compared to other Riders because they knew they'd be able to re-use the body so many times. I can't find a single complaint other than some slightly messy visor paint. (Of course, I don't have any Renewal Riders yet for comparison. I'm impatient for BBTS to receive Hibiki!)

It might also be because Max Factory had already released a lot of the characters as Figma's by using the US Dragon Knight licence. Bandai were probably trying to one up them with much better releases (which they absolutely succeeded with).

Gaim not being released by Bluefin allows scalpers sell Gaim figuarts at a higher price knowing that Western buyers will likely pay for a lot of money to buy it since they can't buy it in the states. Same thing happen with the Showa Ultra Act figures until Bluefin was able to work out with the license issues.

In Justice, We Trust!
Gaim not being released by Bluefin allows scalpers sell Gaim figuarts at a higher price knowing that Western buyers will likely pay for a lot of money to buy it since they can't buy it in the states. Same thing happen with the Showa Ultra Act figures until Bluefin was able to work out with the license issues.

It's not even that.

My issue with it is just how downright misleading that page is.

People on Ebay love to slap "Rare" on everything and to trick people into buying it.

Bad news is I have to pay for so many figuart pre-orders this month and pay off my 4 Gaim Jinba Lemon Arms. Good news is the yen to dollar ratio right now is so good. :buttrock: