D

Dr Kain

BladeTeam01_zps59c4e902.jpg

K

KamenRiderBritannia

just got SHF Hibiki. Hes pretty cool but.....one of the shoulder pads on mine likes to pop off soon as you move it. Its on a ball joint system. I swapped it round with the other one on the other side and the same pad is still popping off on the new ball joint so ive decided its the cup on the pad as opposed to the ball on the shoulder thats the problem.

Had the problem been the ball i would have probably sanded it down a little and popped it back together but....what would i do to the cup to fix the issue? any ideas?

PARTY HARD
Maybe use some sort of resin?...Or...a mold that hardens, so as to decrease the space inside the cup?

A small scrap of paper should also be a cheap fix that's unobservable. I've used this trick before with Lego figures who had loose heads.

In Justice, We Trust!
just got SHF Hibiki. Hes pretty cool but.....one of the shoulder pads on mine likes to pop off soon as you move it. Its on a ball joint system. I swapped it round with the other one on the other side and the same pad is still popping off on the new ball joint so ive decided its the cup on the pad as opposed to the ball on the shoulder thats the problem.

Had the problem been the ball i would have probably sanded it down a little and popped it back together but....what would i do to the cup to fix the issue? any ideas?

A dap of super glue or floor polish ouught to do the trick. Try finding a bottle of Tamiya extra thin cement as that works wonders for this kind of stuff.

PARTY HARD
But isn't it a ball-joint, so it's meant to move, right? WOuldn't putting glue or cement just make it stuck as is?

Otaku University Student
Zangetsu Shin is officially the Gaim Figuart to beat! Got him in the post today and he's just awesome! The Lockseed on mine (once initially removed) is a little on the loose side when in the arrow and belt but still does the job. Solid joints, crisp clean paint apps and colour scheme, I'm in love!!!!

For some reason, Yokatta is being exceedingly slow with this figure. I've got the notice of arrival on the 3rd of September and haven't had any contact from them since. Getting kind of worried.

I lost my mind and picked up the Kamen Rider Ryuki and Dragreder, which arrived yesterday. Even though I was impressed with more recent releases like Gaim and Zangetsu, I think Ryuki may be one of my very favorites.

The metal feet are fantastic! The only other Figuart I own with this feature was W, and I'd found them more of a burden than a benefit on him. Here, it's seamless.

The engineering is just phenomenal. I wonder if Bandai spent extra time and effort on this compared to other Riders because they knew they'd be able to re-use the body so many times. I can't find a single complaint other than some slightly messy visor paint. (Of course, I don't have any Renewal Riders yet for comparison. I'm impatient for BBTS to receive Hibiki!)

I didn't initially like the Ryuki suit designs, until I realized that the contract monsters are essentially part of the design. Dragreder is just absurdly cool-looking, even if getting it into just-the-right-pose on its stand requires a great deal of patience.

Aftermarket prices are dictating that I won't be able to pick up Kamen Rider Knight. I suppose it's too much to hope Bandai will produce a renewal version someday. Ryuki has aged remarkably well! I think I'm spoiled on Figuarts expectations, now.

PARTY HARD
What I don't like about the Ryuki line figures are the "Vent Pegs". You know the parts you detach from, say, the elbows or the back, and add the Vent equipment on? Like Ryuki's Guard Vent and Knight's....Guard Vent?

They get lost so easily, I worry about losing a piece.