CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Doesn't change the fact that a lockseed so powerful and dangerous was just left in a drawer that wasn't even at the bare minimum at least locked

But it's evolution at the cost of innocent lives. That statement sounds along the lines of Kaito's ideology

It wasn't "left" in a drawer. Ryoma placed it there before going to the garage.

Evolution is always at a cost. Natural selection leaves behind those who are not adapted to their changing environment. Ask the dinosaurs or the mega fauna of the last ice age.

Shining~
Ryoma is definitely lying when he said it's a prototype.

Why would a prototype be specifically based on Grape AND Kiwi, which just so happens to be Mitchy's Lockseeds?

It is definitely not a prototype, it is being made at least AFTER Mitchy started "working" for Ryoma's group.

But nothing is being said about it before, because such a deadly Lockseed must have been a secret project.
Not to mention the side effect means no one would want to use it unless they really have to, so revealing it would have been pointless.
That's why the Lockseed has no build-up and just suddenly appeared - because it was meant to be Ryoma's little secret, his weapon that he will offer to his target in order to kill that target.

And yeah, I believe that hospital is already Ryoma's lab way before he came back to the garage.

It's the only answer that makes sense for why did such a deadly Lockseed is stored within an unlocked drawer which just so happens to be inside a hospital they are visiting.

Last edited:

EXE

"Left it there" "placed it there" same thing. My main concern about the whole thing was that something powerful and dangerous was in a drawer and not somewhere safer. But I suppose maybe they were trying to give the Yomi Lockseed an unfinished/unstable feeling to it, by pulling out of a drawer.

Maybe Sagara WANTS Kouta to smash his system. By his own admission he doesn't have any motivation, it's just his nature, so maybe he wants to free himself of that compulsion?
That might be an interesting twist.

But it's evolution at the cost of innocent lives. That statement sounds along the lines of Kaito's ideology
If Sagara is Helheim, we can't judge him by our morals. Kaito is not a talking forest avatar, he's one of us, and thus can be judged like one of us. :laugh:

He probably made it specifically for Micchy, considering the grape and kiwi design. Ryoma probably didn't care, since Micchy's the only one that would've taken it anyway.
While this is possible, I don't think it's necessarily true for sure. It could also simply be that that was the design the thing got because it was meant for Micchy (from the writer's perspective) all along, but from Ryouma's, it was just a little ace in the hole he had cooked up.

If anything, him making it specifically for Micchy would make him look guilty if you ask me. :laugh: Though who knows? That might be the intention.

This one I definitely don't think we can say for sure. Since he already had the lab set up, who's to say every single drawer in that desk doesn't have something like that in it...?! :O_O:

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Maybe he's got a bunch of deadly Lockseed with different designs in that desk?! O:

The Golden Wizard
At the end of EP. 41 we see Ryoma figuring out whats going on. Meaning, realizing that Mai has "the golden fruit." Now it's safe to say that this is all part of his plan to get Micchy and Kouta out of the way. So that he can have the golden fruit all to himself.

We know that Ryoma has video cameras everywhere. So we should take into account that he knows how Micchy feels about Mia. Which he obviously exploited. By handing him a death sentence and saying this is the only way of beating Kouta.

Now he's hoping to kill two birds with one stone. 1.) By having Micchy kill Kouta. 2.) Micchy dies as a result of using the Hell Fruit Lockseed.

Then Ryoma can have the golden fruit all to himself.

It does seem a pretty likely possibility that what Sagara really wants is for Kouta to find a third way and break his system. He says he wants humanity to evolve, sure, but Sagara lies. He lies prolifically, and badly.

Case study 1: He's been constantly saying that he's only an observer, while at the same time has given no less than three different upgrades to Kouta, and none to anybody else.

It does seem a pretty likely possibility that what Sagara really wants is for Kouta to find a third way and break his system. He says he wants humanity to evolve, sure, but Sagara lies. He lies prolifically, and badly.

Case study 1: He's been constantly saying that he's only an observer, while at the same time has given no less than three different upgrades to Kouta, and none to anybody else.

Sorry to interrupt, but this seems like although a rumor, but it's the one plausible now. And the reason why Sagara's doing it? It's because, in his terms Kouta is a 'Joker' character. Someone who came to the game and causes disruption to the system.

Yeah, now I'm digging in that theory.

Another Climax
I have to wonder how Kaito is going to push himself into that next form, for a minute I was almost convinced that Mai or Sagara would somehow be involved but the previews are making it look like he is going another less reputable route.

You kind of get into a lot of crazy time crap, but there's a reason for this. Sagara IS an observer, and he "observed" The Woman of the Beginning coming to visit Kouta. This happened back in episode 1. Kachidoki Arms actually came DIRECTLY after she visits Kouta the second time, and he basically tells her later, "I'm doing this because you're interested, and I know what that means."

Also, lol @ Sagara being "beyond human morality" or whatever. This episode literally called him the Serpent in the forest, but alright then.

As far Kaito who was the subject of much discussion here: This was literally Kaito's path from day freaking one. Anyone who didn't see this coming was deluding themselves. Gaim has been incredibly deliberate with it's plotting, the entire time.