Anyone else hope that Team Aqua and Team Magma are given slightly better villain motives than just hating land/water?

I mean wanting to destroy the ocean because you hate water is a terrible villain plan.

Anyone find it ironic that Team Aqua uses land animals, which would likely drown, to fight?

Team Magma is worse than some extremist PETA vegans who act morally superior not eating animal products while making themselves malnourished and emaciated from the pain. Team Aqua are just extremists with a pirate fetish that want to drown and deprive themselves from oxygen because land is bad, yet all live on it.

One wants to kill themselves through dehydration and malnutrition while the other wants to drown themselves while having malnutrition. If the drowning was instantaneous, I'd take Team Aqua over Magma because it could be a quicker death than slowly dwindling away while peoples' bodies turn into rotting human bacon. Then again, everyone could also just go Waterworld and use ships as land, while the remaining survivors would be able to grow crops and whatever by terraforming oil rigs , anchoring and connecting many ships into place, creating towns and cities on the seas until the sea level went down for habitation.

DorifutoKaizā
[HIDE]
tumblr_n8iq8pRIhb1skhnjco1_1280.jpg
[/HIDE]

Mega Metagross with Tough Claws confirmed. The scan references the fact that there are different Pokémon in Hoenn than before. Also Steve is now the Hoenn Champion

Mega Metagross with Tough Claws confirmed. The scan references the fact that there are different Pokémon in Hoenn than before. Also Steve is now the Hoenn Champion
So the fan-art was a leaked version or just a very huge coincidence?

I hope that Emerald's storyline kicks in after Ruby or Sapphire so the player would have to go through all of the gym leaders again, though stronger through training a year after, and being brainwashed by new third group. This idea would make the game last longer, in my opinion.

Player loses badges, so he re-earns them, being forced from his Elite Four team. Maybe halfway half lose their brainwashing, so they join the player in helping him against said group. Opposite team that helped player in said version grabs the other orb while former villains becomes allies. Third team summons Rayquaza and Player loses control of Kyogre/Groudon, having to fight and catch all three legendaries before the world is placed into turmoil. All areas of Hoenn change, as sea and forest turn to desert, desert to swamp and bodies of water, and other areas trapped in constant storms. Birch gives player National Dex, while rival gives player his/her eighth badge to control their team.

Once the struggles between the legendaries ends, the teams unite against the player as they hold the Pokemon League hostage. Now, the player has to defeat four of Team Aqua/Magma/Aero's chosen Elite Four in order to free the player's father, remaining leaders and Elite Four.

Read my smart post
I always wanted a game that combines all the regions of Pokemon (Johto, Hoenn, Kanto, etc.) but that would be too big for one game

DorifutoKaizā
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wTDPviFq8"]Mega Metagross joins the fight in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! - YouTube[/ame]​

Mega Metagross has been revealed for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! Trainers hoping to become Pokémon Champion of the Hoenn region will have to face off against Champion Steven and this powerful Pokémon. Learn more about the epic battles in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire on our site!

I always wanted a game that combines all the regions of Pokemon (Johto, Hoenn, Kanto, etc.) but that would be too big for one game

I wouldn't mind if they did DLC like that. Expand the Pokedex, give more challenges... it would make the games have more play value than they currently have. Generally when one is done with the previous generation and the games have their Pokemon transferred to the current title, the older games become relegated to collecting dust due to their relatively finite span.

DorifutoKaizā
Mega Lopunny, Mega Altaria and Mega Salamance confirmed!

• Mega Altaria, who is Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate.
  • Mega Lopunny who is Normal/Fighting with Scrappy.
  • Mega Salamence is who is Dragon/Flying with Aerilate.

It also confirms that when you change your Pikachu's clothes for contests, it gets special moves. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press. Contests are detailed. With you meeting a Contest Idol called Lucia, who will give you special clothes for participating in Pokémon Contests. You also receive a shiny Beldum through an event, where it holds its Mega Stone

Source: Serebii

Lurker
Everyone saw Mega Altaria being part Fairy coming a mile away :laugh:

DorifutoKaizā
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This image furthers yesterdays and showcases more about Pokémon Contests. It shows the in-game images of the Contest Hall, details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests, and confirms that you can Mega Evolve during the contests, which boosts the Excite Meter & Appeal in the Contests, but can only be done when the Excite Meter is full.

Source: Serebii

Well, Mega Salamence just wrecked Mega Pinsir's usage by quite a bit.

Still, the fact it got such a great ability is more than welcome in my book. Contests being around is great news too.