I liked him when he wasn't a god
Lol I feel like we keep discussing the bike situation over and over, so it all comes down to "let's just wait and see", we know the bare minimum about the show, and have blurry spy shots that's it :laugh:

I don't think this has been discussed yet, but what do you think the Main Rider will be like, personality wise? or what do you want him to be like?

I personally LOVE the cocky, full of themselves characters. I want him to be like Tendou or Tsukasa, cocky, badass, a very strong dominant personality.

I want him to be completely the opposite of that. I hate arrogant jerk main Riders, it sets a very negative example to children. I like Tendou only because Kagami was the audience PoV character of the show (and essentially the protagonist) who set the moral tone for the audience; but most Rider series don't work like that.

People complain about Godai-type Riders being "boring" but they'll always be my personal favourite type (and no, moral goodness isn't "boring.") But since we just had Kouta, maybe the hero of this show could be somewhere in the middle - a Shotaro type maybe, or even Haruto minus the awful manpain.

I want him to be completely the opposite of that. I hate arrogant jerk main Riders, it sets a very negative example to children. I like Tendou only because Kagami was the audience PoV character of the show (and essentially the protagonist) who set the moral tone for the audience; but most Rider series don't work like that.

Kabuto is my in my top 5 KR series, I'm pretty sure Tendou was the protagonist and he made a point of it, and I HATED Kagami...

You say it sets a very negative example for children yet Kaito Kumon's popularity is the reason he got an unplanned upgrade, Lemon Energy Arms. Don't forget Toei focuses the show to more than JUST kids ya know. Just because a character is a cocky jerk doesn't mean he won't be popular. And yes I can say that "moral goodness" can be boring if that's the only quality of the character, Yusuke Godai, Eiji, Kouta, etc. All main Riders are morally good in some way, even Tendou, it's just that they have other qualities that make them more rounded or more interesting. Tendou and Tsukasa's arrogance and jerkish personalities, Shotaro's flirtations and confidence, Takumi's tsundere nature. And the cocky hero IS a tv trope as Smug Super and Awesome Ego, should I bring up Tony Stark? I think not. :thumbs:

Kamen Rider Klock
People complain about Godai-type Riders being "boring" but they'll always be my personal favourite type (and no, moral goodness isn't "boring.") But since we just had Kouta, maybe the hero of this show could be somewhere in the middle - a Shotaro type maybe

I love Godai, Eiji, and Kouta, but another Shotaro would be great. Because he had a very interesting character arc.

People complain about Godai-type Riders being "boring" but they'll always be my personal favourite type (and no, moral goodness isn't "boring.") But since we just had Kouta, maybe the hero of this show could be somewhere in the middle - a Shotaro type maybe, or even Haruto minus the awful manpain.

So is stronger he behaved like that. Some main riders behaved like that as well

Last edited:
Welcome
I personally LOVE the cocky, full of themselves characters. I want him to be like Tendou or Tsukasa, cocky, badass, a very strong dominant personality.

I'd actually like someone like Tsukasa or Haruto when he has a personality. Tendou just felt like he was just straight up cocky with not much else to fill him in. Tsukasa had that snarky side to him that I found pretty cool. Haruto, on the other hand, really did not have much either.I'm not sure if anyone here has it, but there's a picture I've seen a couple of times, which composes of all the times Haruto showed a bit of personality, and they were always the best moments.

10487331_311280929032362_6377969142849959801_n.jpg

10574367_311280959032359_7155925092393763583_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=311281042365684&id=150267918466998