K

kamil88

Anime Sols is relativly new company, that release classic anime on DVD, from crowdfunding http://animesols.com/

Personally, i don`t know why you can`t fund, if you live outside USA/Canada, Yattaman was very popular in Poland, and i know, that Pastel Yumi and Creamy Mami are very well known in Italy/France, if they allow to fund people from worldwide, im sure they would gather money for most anime they ask funds for.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kamil88

You can now support release of Dororo, Kidaichi Returns and The Warrior Gordian.

The Great Me
I live outside US and Canada (I live in sunny Singapore BTW) so I don't get this kind of service.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
If i'd try this, I'd have to ask:
-Mado King Granzort
-Flame of Recca
-UFO Dai Apolon

Didn't we already get Flame of Recca on DVD here?

Anyway, I've given money several times to Anime Sols; the only ones that ever succeeded were the Dear Brother sets; Tekkaman and Hurricane Polymar never got close, though at least Polymar got fully subbed. I really wish this was more successful; those old Tatsunoko hero shows are good fun. Unfortunately, no one seems interested in giving money unless it's already been subbed or related to Osamu Tezuka. They'd probably be more successful on Kickstarter, but I guess the Japanese rights-holders would rather run their own service. Anyway, I hope the streaming format works better for them.

Are any of y'all giving money to some of these shows?

EDIT: Just noticed this:

Personally, i don`t know why you can`t fund, if you live outside USA/Canada, Yattaman was very popular in Poland, and i know, that Pastel Yumi and Creamy Mami are very well known in Italy/France, if they allow to fund people from worldwide, im sure they would gather money for most anime they ask funds for.

They don't because they'd have to check EVERY TV station and other potential licensors in every city in every country that they wanted to crowdfund from. Oftentimes, someone at these old anime studios signed away distribution rights to TV stations and licensors for a veeeery long time simply because they figured that it wouldn't make that much money for them to want more control. Basically, Anime Sols barely has over one dude doing all the work (if that), and having to check all these legal records would be stupidly time-consuming. Not to mention that who knows what they'd charge people to buy the rights back.

Last edited:
doesn't really exist
Didn't we already get Flame of Recca on DVD here?

Anyway, I've given money several times to Anime Sols; the only ones that ever succeeded were the Dear Brother sets; Tekkaman and Hurricane Polymar never got close, though at least Polymar got fully subbed. I really wish this was more successful; those old Tatsunoko hero shows are good fun. Unfortunately, no one seems interested in giving money unless it's already been subbed or related to Osamu Tezuka. They'd probably be more successful on Kickstarter, but I guess the Japanese rights-holders would rather run their own service. Anyway, I hope the streaming format works better for them.

Are any of y'all giving money to some of these shows?

EDIT: Just noticed this:

They don't because they'd have to check EVERY TV station and other potential licensors in every city in every country that they wanted to crowdfund from. Oftentimes, someone at these old anime studios signed away distribution rights to TV stations and licensors for a veeeery long time simply because they figured that it wouldn't make that much money for them to want more control. Basically, Anime Sols barely has over one dude doing all the work (if that), and having to check all these legal records would be stupidly time-consuming. Not to mention that who knows what they'd charge people to buy the rights back.

I can't.