Maybe it's just me, but it feels like someone who believes in absolute power and grabbing it for yourself would be the one who aggressively pursues the kill, but most of the time he leaves Kouta to do the finishing. He's usually content with using his finishers that are mostly strategic tools to hinder the enemy.

Yes but he is also a strong believer in individuals advancing and achieving strength on their own such as with Kouta. You are mistaken in believing that his ideals are exclusively aimed at himself, but it's more what he thinks everyone should do. You have it with the kid on the tree. If you look at the early episodes his anger with Gaim was that Kouta didn't take on greater challenges by fighting the stronger teams as Gaim. The same with Yggdrasil, his anger with them entirely stemmed from their perceived weakness and use of trickery in regards to Helheim that he rightfully believed stemmed from weakness. He leaves Team Baron so that Zack can become more stronger and not rely on him entirely.

Last edited:
While I rather like that Micchy as Zangetsu Shin isn't automatically overwhelmed by his betters, as knowing the MC's ultimate form would auto-stomp has sucked the tension out of some fights in past Rider shows, it probably would have been better served with some plot device to explain it. Like at this point I could see him accepting some extra Invess powers, whether it's by willingly nomming on Helheim fruit or it's somehow bestowed upon him by an Overlord.

When it comes to Kota's unwillingness to pull the trigger, I expect that to be continued as a fatal flaw that will only be overcome at a great cost.

Yes but he is also a strong believer in individuals advancing and achieving strength on their own such as with Kouta. You are mistaken in believing that his ideals are exclusively aimed at himself, but it's more what he thinks everyone should do. You have it with the kid on the tree. If you look at the early episodes his anger with Gaim was that Kouta didn't take on greater challenges by fighting the stronger teams as Gaim. The same with Yggdrasil, his anger with them entirely stemmed from their perceived weakness and use of trickery in regards to Helheim that he rightfully believed stemmed from weakness. He leaves Team Baron so that Zack can become more stronger and not rely on him entirely.

True, but it seems to me that it's entirely fine with him that someone would just surpass him on something that he works so hard for (and that he would gladly help that person), and I don't think that jives well with the philosophy.

I'd think that if I was in his footsteps, I'd do my everything so that I can be the one who helps myself and helps the city and be the best person available to do it, not play second fiddle to someone better than me. He did it before when he let Kouta find his path and he decided to face tougher and tougher challenges by himself.

True, but it seems to me that it's entirely fine with him that someone would just surpass him on something that he works so hard for (and that he would gladly help that person), and I don't think that jives well with the philosophy.

They're in a fight for survival right now against the Overlords. It's not like he loses anything by letting someone who's clearly stronger handle them. He won't get magically stronger by attempting to finish them off by himself. I'm pretty sure that after the next two or three episodes, when the Overlords likely will fall, we'll see Kaito yet again returning to doing things by himself in the final arc of the series.

Last edited:
Everyone's talking point in this episode was how did Mitsuzane able to block two finishers head-on, but I'm more interested in the way that his mentality has taken the turn. He's basically letting Peco getting beaten up while offering Mai his protection. What a crazy way to convince someone to follow you. And his character basically going insane throughout the episode that I'm afraid that insanity level has reached Ouja's.

No. Kouta will never kill Mitsuzane. He can't do it to Hase who's basically a lost cause, so of course he will not do it to Mitsuzane who he thought to be influenced by Redyue and thus still has a chance of redemption in Kouta's POV.

Wonder if this means the regular Zangetsu is still available? That Sengoku Driver is obviously isn't in the same condition as Hase's. The broken part is only on the center and the Lockseed, so who knows?(Not to forget that Zangetsu's faceplate is unavailable on the broken Driver)

Last edited:
Otaku University Student
I'm at a loss as to why Kouta and Kaito were just idly standing there as the arrow attack goes through illusion Takatora straight at them. Why on earth would - in particular - Kaito not take the opportunity while Micchy is charging his attack, to blindside him?

Just like the audience, they were stunned at the fact that Mitsuzane was able to block both their attacks. I suspect they will get Ryouma to explain it next week.

You know, if all of this discussions for this episode, why hasn't anyone talk about the part when Mitchy and Redyue were with Rosyou discussing about the queen, the other overlord's deaths's and why was Kouta giving the powers/ or a portion of the forbidden fruit. Redyue was certainly vexed about that.

I was looking on the back of the book "Insurgent" and it said this

"A choice becomes a sacrifice
A sacrifice becomes a loss
A loss becomes a burden
A burden becomes a battle
One choice can destroy you"

Then I thought, "this describes Mitsuzane in a nutshell, given what he has become in the recent episode.

Lurker
I do have to agree Kouta just doesn't have it in him to kill Micchi. Granted Kouta technically doesn't have to. If he could just destroy both of Micchi's drivers then Micchi is pretty much done and then Redyue will probably step in kill Micchi.

Now, count up your crimes!
That'll probably end up encouraging him to ask being transformed into an Overlord. Which is gonna happen anyways.