The current situation essentially mirrors the one he was confronted with in the very beginning: facing a personal friend and member of Team Gaim driven out of his mind and bent on killing him, but he is forewarned this time.

I did read that very word: forewarned. In Yuuya's case Kouta was not forewarned and on the other hand, Micchi's case, Kouta is forewarned. So, that fact proves that Micchi's and Yuuya's case is not similar. Why did you think of both as mirroring each other?

The only difference is that instead of some magical fruit turning him like it did Yuuya, several dozen episodes of bad choices and delusions was what took Micchi to the exact same spot.

Several dozen episodes of bad choices and delusions of a human (Micchi) cannot be compared to a monster's mind (Yuuya). A lil bit of analogy, Micchi can very well end up like Uchiha Sasuke who experienced even much more than Micchi's bad choices and delusions, but in the end, "talk no hissatsu" has successfully corrected Sasuke's mind.
What I'm trying to say about the difference between Micchi and Yuuya is, Micchi is not hopeless, Kouta can still get him back to his senses, while Yuuya is a lost cause. So it's wrong to say that Micchi and Yuuya are on the exact same spot.

Edit: Damn, now you've edited your previous post which I have quoted and replied in this post and I'm too lazy to alter my reply.

Last edited:
I did read that very word: forewarned. In Yuuya's case Kouta was not forewarned and on the other hand, Micchi's case, Kouta is forewarned. So, that fact proves that Micchi's and Yuuya's case is not similar. Why did you think of both as mirroring each other?

Hoy, similar does not mean EXACTLY the same. The basic setup IS similar here, a friend of his is trying to kill him. Think Geometry, parallel lines are similar, but not identical.

Yes he was. Kouta knew that he was fighting Micchy as Zangetsu and instead of killing him like he did Yuuya, he refused and stuck to his words that he won't make the same mistake that he did with Yuuya. That is the parallel and that is the key difference

Several dozen episodes of bad choices and delusions of a human (Micchi) cannot be compared to a monster's mind (Yuuya).

They certainly can and Urobuchi is certainly making the parallel that even being human and filled with good intentions doesn't guarantee you from becoming a monster. Micchy is basically the example that the line between a Kamen Rider and the monsters he is fighting is non-existent. Micchy ultimately has become part of the enemy that he and Team Gaim were fighting against and ultimately in my opinion Micchy and not the Overlords or Ryouma or Sagara will be the final enemy for Kouta.

Gaim is pretty clear that monsters just aren't creatures with green blood that eat fruit from another dimension. They can be flesh and blood humans. They can be like the Overlords or like Riders such as Sid or Ryoma.

What I'm trying to say about the difference between Micchi and Yuuya is, Micchi is not hopeless, Kouta can still get him back to his senses, while Yuuya is a lost cause. So it's wrong to say that Micchi and Yuuya are on the exact same spot.

We know that isn't true. Yuuya certainly wasn't a lost cause. We know that Helheim has a fruit that can basically do anything including bring back the dead and which almost certainly can be used to restore all the humans back to the Inves. Yuuya was only a lost cause for those with a similar mindset to Yggdrasil that preferred easy and technocratic solutions and was willing to sacrifice 6 Billion to ensure 1 Billion could survive.

Hoy, similar does not mean EXACTLY the same. The basic setup IS similar here, a friend of his is trying to kill him. Think Geometry, parallel lines are similar, but not identical.

It's a matter of perception then: I don't consider the monster Kouta killed in the 1st episode as his friend Yuuya anymore because a fully turned inves cannot be reverted back to be human again (as far as the story tells me). It's permanent.
It's a whole different story if Yuuya could casually turn back and forth between human and inves form. On the other hand I consider Rob Lucci as a human (not ordinary one though) because he's able to retain his mind and his human body contrary to Yuuya who completely lost both.
Let me stress it again, I never see Yuuya's and Micchi's situation as similar let alone identical.

We know that Helheim has a fruit that can basically do anything including bring back the dead and which almost certainly can be used to restore all the humans back to the Inves.

Seriously?? Anyway, you must've meant the other way around: restoring all the Inves back to the humans. Regarding bringing back the dead, as far as the story goes, Redue has only used the combination of human technology, Femshinmu magic, and human bodies (as sacrifices) to revive Roshuo's lover.
I don't know about restoring fully turned inves back into human. I must've missed it. But if that is true, I'll be more than happy to see Micchi's and Yuuya's situations as similar in essence.

Last edited:
Insanity gives you a power boost? Sorry, but that is a really bad excuse for sloppy writing.
Micchy has been getting his ass kicked since Day 1, and you are telling me that he is now so strong that he can take a Kiwami finisher?

And if we go by the "power level" logic, then regular Zangetsu would have been stronger than both Baron Energy and Kiwami, as he was actually doing far better against Micchy.

I am dissapointed in you Urobuchi. Its not like you to write in bad plot-devices.

I am dissapointed in you Urobuchi. Its not like you to write in bad plot-devices.

To be honest, I don't know what happened. The writing was extremely solid until at least episode 35. From there it started to kind of fall apart. Lots of repetition, sloppy pacing and pretty awful treatments of characterization as we saw here.

Well, this is a little bit more excusable, since Mitchi is throwing away all of his doubts and moving forward with a single goal. And as Kaito says, those who have conviction are more powerful. Though it makes more sense when put into words, cause there's no way Zangetsu Shin can overpower the two.

But, it has only been two Urobuchi episodes and one movie spin-off, so I am hoping Gaim can make a recovery soon; before the last of the final 9-10 episode are out.

Otaku University Student
And if we go by the "power level" logic, then regular Zangetsu would have been stronger than both Baron Energy and Kiwami, as he was actually doing far better against Micchy.

Technically speaking, Micchi only broke after he "killed" Takatora. Also, there wasn't any doubt that Zangetsu's skill could win over Zangetsu Shin's power any day.

Now, Micchi really has nothing left to hold him back. He sees Kouta as the ultimate evil in which he must get rid of in order to fulfill his deepest desires. Kouta however, wants to fight (and win) without sacrifice, as established from the episode Sagara gave him the Kachidoki Lockseed. Couple that with Micchi being his best friend for years and his sudden change (from Kouta's perspective) into a villain, there's no way that he could actually fight seriously.

Not to mention, we've known for some time now that conviction draws out the power from the Genisis Driver.

Now, count up your crimes!
Anyways, aside from the whole BS plot armor Micchy channel upon.

It's rather nice to see Kouta managed to land a hit on Ryoma as Jinba Lemon. Although Ryoma doesn't seem that phased but he does seem amused that he's getting stronger. Shame the fight ended when Kaito come in.