How do the joints hold up for the SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures?

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
As much as I LOVE action figures, one of my biggest pet peeves and fears is loose joints on an action figure. I really REALLY want to start collecting SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures but I'm extremely worried about how the joints will hold up. So how durable/tight are the joints for the SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures? If they're tight, how long does it usually take for them to go loose? I really like posing and playing with my action figures.

And where do you guys usually buy them? I've been looking at Amazon and their prices look really good to me.

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
Figuarts are some of the best toys for Kamen Rider on the market, there's a reason why the line is doing so well and that's because they're all very high quality.

Some figures I've had for years now like the Hoppers and they hold up just very well, like the day I've bought them as a matter of fact.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Figuarts are some of the best toys for Kamen Rider on the market, there's a reason why the line is doing so well and that's because they're all very high quality.

Some figures I've had for years now like the Hoppers and they hold up just very well, like the day I've bought them as a matter of fact.

Holy **** that sounds amazing. That completely justifies their high prices. As much as I would love to take your word for it, I'd like to hear more about what others think. I really do want to spend like $150 on some figures but I'm just so skeptical. Maybe I'm just so used to American action figures being complete **** when it comes to joints.

Super Sentai fan
Holy **** that sounds amazing. That completely justifies their high prices. As much as I would love to take your word for it, I'd like to hear more about what others think. I really do want to spend like $150 on some figures but I'm just so skeptical. Maybe I'm just so used to American action figures being complete **** when it comes to joints.

I know that feel when it comes to American figures, darn those DC Universe Classics and their loose joints. Figuarts on the other hand? Overall they're quite nice, but it sometimes depends on the individual figures. Some Figuarts such as Fourze Base States, Gills, and Den-O Climax Form have hip joints that are too TIGHT, and can snap off at the connection joint. This can be remedied with some shock oil. Generally, most Figuarts have fairly to very tight joints, with the only exception I know of being ShinkenRed's hip, hip extension, and foot joints. Also, if you're having loose joint problems on any figures, clear nail polish is a good fix. It works best on ball joints, but I've gotten it to work with a hinge joint on a double-jointed knee before. Hope this helps.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I know that feel when it comes to American figures, darn those DC Universe Classics and their loose joints. Figuarts on the other hand? Overall they're quite nice, but it sometimes depends on the individual figures. Some Figuarts such as Fourze Base States, Gills, and Den-O Climax Form have hip joints that are too TIGHT, and can snap off at the connection joint. This can be remedied with some shock oil. Generally, most Figuarts have fairly to very tight joints, with the only exception I know of being ShinkenRed's hip, hip extension, and foot joints. Also, if you're having loose joint problems on any figures, clear nail polish is a good fix. It works best on ball joints, but I've gotten it to work with a hinge joint on a double-jointed knee before. Hope this helps.

Well I don't plan to buy any Sentai figures anytime soon, so that's good to hear. I'm really excited to buy some SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures now. Can't wait.

D

Dr Kain

It really depends on the figure. MOst of them are fantastic, but a few of them, like Skyrider and Zx suck when it comes to joints. My Skyrider's legs are loose so whenever I lift him up, they slope downward and ZX is just a quality control nightmare (and he feels cheap too). Everyone else seems to be fine Kamen Rider wise.

Sentai, on the other hand, is hit or miss. DekaBlue's right arm is loose to the point that it sometimes can't stay upward at certain angles while GokaiRed's legs have the same issue as Skyrider.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
It really depends on the figure. MOst of them are fantastic, but a few of them, like Skyrider and Zx suck when it comes to joints. My Skyrider's legs are loose so whenever I lift him up, they slope downward and ZX is just a quality control nightmare (and he feels cheap too). Everyone else seems to be fine Kamen Rider wise.

Sentai, on the other hand, is hit or miss. DekaBlue's right arm is loose to the point that it sometimes can't stay upward at certain angles while GokaiRed's legs have the same issue as Skyrider.

That's a bit relieving. I wasn't planning to buy any of the Showa Riders either. But if it's still possible with those figures then it worries me that there's a chance it can happen to the Heisei Riders that I want. SH Figuarts are the most expensive action figures I've ever seen so I'm still quite worried about this issue...

More opinions are always welcome here. I really want to know as much as possible before I seriously take this up as a hobby. I've dropped American action figures completely because of how shitty the joints are. Whenever the joints are actually good, they start getting loose within a week.

Last edited:
What figures are you interested in? I figure that between us forumites, we probably have what you're interested in, and can tell you our experiences with them.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
What figures are you interested in? I figure that between us forumites, we probably have what you're interested in, and can tell you our experiences with them.

Alright, sounds good. Here are the SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures I am strongly considering buying.

Delta
Zeronos
Beast
OOO Takakiraiba+OOO TakaTorartar(bundle)
Meteor Storm
Faiz Blaster Form

Last edited:
My Faiz blaster form is displayed in a fight with Gatakiriba, and it's holding up pretty well. I've had it for about 2 years, and it's able to maintain a semi-kneeling pose. It shares a build type with normal Faiz, which I have mounted on the Auto-vaijin. Joints are still tight, and responsive. I'd give this figure a high A, build-wise. The only thing to watch out for on this figure are the kneecaps - the left kneecap on my figure likes to come off if you pay it too much attention. You might want to have a solution to affix it more firmly if you've got this problem as well. (Kragle, nail polish, what have you)

Zeronos is kind of a weird figure. I feel like its feet are too big (wide, maybe, or something. I'm no expert, but it feels like proportions are slightly off), and there's no torso mobility whatsoever. Instead, there's just the one swivel joint at the hip. For a figuart, this is pretty unusual. Joints are still responsive, but I'd give the figure a high B because of the lack of torso mobility. Not sure if that will carry over into the recently released Rusty Zero form.

I don't have a Delta, but I do have a Kaixa, and that shares the same build as Faiz - so I don't expect Delta to have picked up any problems.