Gaim is lacking in the Rider Kick department, isn't it?

If I recall correctly Gaim has only done two Rider Kicks as Orange Arms (11, Sengoku Movie War), one in Jimber-Lemon Arms (21), and three in Pine Arms (2, 18, 28).

I'm a bit surprised to see so many people feeling rather positive about this episode, because I'd say it's probably been the worst of the entire series so far. Gaim has been so focused on the story that these random tie-in episodes really hurt the overall flow. Not to mention the atmosphere. How do we go from super dramatic "I must fight my brother in armed combat!" to playing around on a football field with guest appearances that would make the Precure writers cringe.

Really, really terrible episode that served no purpose but to promote a movie.

Lurker
Horrible episode. I have no idea what happened and how all this happened. For this series to have 3 fricken tie-in episodes really hurts the quality of the show and the story it is trying to tell. Nothing is going to redeem these lame tie-in episodes unless this series goes up to 53 episodes like what Wizard was able to have.

Not to mention the other two tie ins lead to two crummy movies. Hopefully, this doesn't mean anything.

I'm a bit surprised to see so many people feeling rather positive about this episode, because I'd say it's probably been the worst of the entire series so far. Gaim has been so focused on the story that these random tie-in episodes really hurt the overall flow. Not to mention the atmosphere. How do we go from super dramatic "I must fight my brother in armed combat!" to playing around on a football field with guest appearances that would make the Precure writers cringe.

The scenes in the real world, generally still kept the actual atmosphere going. There was a shift when Kaito goes to the soccer world, but it's presented as a shift too for the character himself, not only the viewers. You ask about how the atmosphere **** happened, but the episode itself showed it pretty clearly. So... I don't get why you're even asking it? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

わたし は ケモノ ライダ!
Gaim is lacking in the Rider Kick department, isn't it?

If I recall correctly Gaim has only done two Rider Kicks as Orange Arms (11, Sengoku Movie War), one in Jimber-Lemon Arms (21), and three in Pine Arms (2, 18, 28).

I remember Ryugen and Knuckle doing one.

I remember Ryugen and Knuckle doing one.

Was talking strictly about Kouta himself doing a Rider Kick. :sweat:

I know Ryugen, Zangetsu, and Baron did a Rider Kick in the Sengoku Movie.

And RyugenxKnuckle doing a Rider Kick on fodder Inves.

Would like to change his avatar
This episode was awful. Probably the worst of the movie-plugging fillers, but it doesn't help that it was focused on Kaito, who's one of my least favorite "characters" on the show. (I say "character" because he's as thin and dull as Gekiranger's Rio, with the Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor "More power, argh, argh, argh!" failosophy being their one line of dialogue for the entire series.)

How do you like how absolutely shameless Takebe is? When you thought it couldn't get any lower than shoehorning the Fake Gavan into Go-busters, here's THREE interruptions during Gaim to plug terrible movies nobody's even going to like.

Also, this episode was a not-so-nice reminder of how obnoxious Tomomitsu Yamaguchi is as Sagara. Does anybody else think we need a better actor for the part? Ever since they've hinted that he's supposed to be something more than loudmouth sports announcer, Yamaguchi just blows it; he's a goofball who delivers every line in that annoying, put-on Movie Voiceover Guy voice. Sagara should be played by someone like Tomorowo Taguchi. Even though I don't like Taguchi, he could pull off the obnoxious host part, but also be ambiguous and sinister in the character's off hours. You don't know what to make of a guy like Taguchi, as you're not supposed to know what to make of Sagara, with his unclear intentions. I don't know if Taguchi would want to commit to being a series regular in a toku, but he went to waste in The Next and the Decade episodes of Wizard and would have worked better in Gaim.

The scenes in the real world, generally still kept the actual atmosphere going. There was a shift when Kaito goes to the soccer world, but it's presented as a shift too for the character himself, not only the viewers. You ask about how the atmosphere **** happened, but the episode itself showed it pretty clearly. So... I don't get why you're even asking it? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

I wasn't asking anything. Yes, there was a shift, but it was so forced it could have given you whiplash. It didn't serve to develop the character or for him to learn something new. It was sheer pointless filler to hype up a movie and to play into excitement over the world cup, both of which it did badly.

If you enjoyed it, that's fine. But when it comes time to rewatch the series or when recommending it to others, I can safely say that these three tie-in episodes should be avoided at all costs. They're not part of the Gaim storyline (even if this one TRIED to be) and needlessly breakup the progression.

I wasn't asking anything.
But you asked, I even quoted it.

Yes, there was a shift, but it was so forced it could have given you whiplash. It didn't serve to develop the character or for him to learn something new. It was sheer pointless filler to hype up a movie and to play into excitement over the world cup, both of which it did badly.

It was filler for the tv show. Still, as far as Kaito's character goes, it did foreshadow a possible future clash with Kouta.

If you enjoyed it, that's fine. But when it comes time to rewatch the series or when recommending it to others, I can safely say that these three tie-in episodes should be avoided at all costs. They're not part of the Gaim storyline (even if this one TRIED to be) and needlessly breakup the progression.

Well, there's the movie itself though. Still, I don't see why that has to be specially highlighted, do you make filler lists for every show you watch if it ends up having episodes you dislike?

From what I've read of Urobuchi, he doesn't seem the type who appreciates his story being interrupted every now and then. I mean, he takes care to focus on only the important parts and mostly neglects world-building in order to solely advance forward his story.

With that in mind, it really seems to me that he's the type who's totally gonna ignore these tie-in episodes anyway. I see little reason to get invested in them, and so far it was the right decision. I haven't bothered with the last two, and I lost nothing.