Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

He talks about it around 4 min in, when they talk about the Gaim film. He says something like

"Those watching the show know that Helheim and Zawame City have some similarities - Kaito and Demushu are similar, and Mitchi also has a counterpart in Redyue. Also, Roshuo, the king, he's similar to Takatora. So these characters are similar, yet Kouta doesn't have a counterpart."

Jun: "Why doesn't Kouta have one?"

Gaku: "He appears in this movie!"

Toku Prince
Jun: "Why doesn't Kouta have one?"

Gaku: "He appears in this movie!"

Sagara did say in the recent episode that something in Helheim was waking up or something similar to that effect. Lapis is probably his counterpart (maybe not necessarily an Overlord). I guess we'll find out when summaries appear in a few days.

Lurker
Iiiinteresting.... I've seen the theory that Roshuo is Kaito or Kota, but Takatora makes most sense. Especially due to the fact that Redue is not as loyal to him as it may seem on the surface. It also fits with Roshuo's story of how his civilization died out because of their quest for power; It matches what happened to Yggdrasill. And like Takatora, he laments that things turned out this way.

I'm curious how "He appears in this movie!" can be taken. I almost wanna go for Lapis because of the obvious name which would fit their naming scheme of the Overlords, but if it's not... I'm imagining it'll be like Malus in the latest episode. We'll see things wrapping up for a happy ending, then in the distance see a dark blue (or silver?) Overlord watching sorrowfully without explanation.

Roshuo/Takatora/Kouta are all the basic hero/champion archetype who fought against the encroachment of Helheim. The difference is that Roshuo and Takatora are basically broken and failed heroes who made the wrong decisions: letting the only strong survive for Roshuo and deciding to kill six billion so that one billion can survive for Takatora as opposed to Kouta who refuses to make these sacrifices. The same in a ways for Kouta/Ryoma/Demushu who are all about great personal power and strength or Micchy/Sid/Redyue who are all about manipulating others for their own ends.

I just watched this weeks Sano Gaku's Today and he was with Jun Shison of ToQger talking about the summer movie.

Kouta's Overlord counterpart is coming out in the summer film. Also, Roshuo is 100% confirmed to be Takatora's counterpart, for those who had doubts.

Yes but via the transitive property since Takatora is Kouta's counterpart amongst the adult leadership of Yggdrasil then Roshuo and Takatora and Kouta are suppose to be counterparts of each other. And Roshuo backstory of questing for the Golden Fruit is closer to what Kouta is doing than anything Takatora did.

Last edited:
Orange
Well I thought the color schemes were dead giveaways that the overlords were the riders' counterparts. Considering what Roshuo talked about during his time with Takatora about how he only let the few select survive and the rest was up to fate, which is similar to the arc system of only a few surviving. Then he goes on about how he regrets the choice which was similar to Takatora's thoughts afterwards. Redyue and Micchy are sneaky manipulative people, Kaito and Demushu were only fighting to get stronger and become the strongest. Just wonder how the next overlord is going to resemble Kouta since Kouta has such a strong will to save the world, yet this overlord was unable to save his.

Lurker
I think that Kouta's Overlord counterpart will probably a decent guy like Kouta but he's broken over the devastation of his the world, the fact that most of his fellow Overlords are psychopaths, his queen is dead, and now to just add another reason for him to be unhappy his king is doesn't care who gets Earth's forbidden fruit as long as he gets his wife is brought back to life and etc etc.

Lurker
Sagara is Kouta's Overlord counterpart. Bam.

what's happened with Blonde Mai, haven't seen her in a while, unless I'm forgetting if she did when Kouta got the Kiwami Lockseed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
I hope they can sort the conflict with Micchi within the next 2 episodes, it's starting to drag on a bit.

There are lots of things that still need explaining and to be focused upon. Roshuo and the queen, DJ Sagara, Kouta turning into an Overlord, Kaito's wound, Ryoma's plans, and actually getting rid of the Helheim invansion which was the originally goal that everybody seems to have forgotten by now.

I just hope they won't do what OOO had to suffer: oh hey there's 5 episodes left, let's suddenly give all the Greeeds all their Core medals since they spent 40 episodes searching for it but didn't succeed, and now let's kill them in the same episode.

Lurker
I hope they can sort the conflict with Micchi within the next 2 episodes, it's starting to drag on a bit.

I had a big issue with episode 36 since it try to make Micchy appear sympathetic again, but I don't really see any turning back for his character short of him sacrificing himself for Kouta. Even the reason given in ep36 fall flat, the whole "he was pressured into it by Takatora's influence" makes little sense given what we actually saw of their interaction.

Sagara is Kouta's Overlord counterpart. Bam.

Well... then we would have technically seen his counterpart already. I don't see Sagara having a huge part in the film, minus being the announcer for the soccer battles.

I had a big issue with episode 36 since it try to make Micchy appear sympathetic again, but I don't really see any turning back for his character short of him sacrificing himself for Kouta. Even the reason given in ep36 fall flat, the whole "he was pressured into it by Takatora's influence" makes little sense given what we actually saw of their interaction.

I agree. We saw how he treated Kouta in the episode before. And the episode before. And so on. Another reason why ep. 36 probably didn't have an impact to me.