Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

Lurker
Really does like up now that the comparison with the suit can be made. :D

I must be in a small crowd cause I think the suit is alright and the chest design is my favorite part :laugh:

Well, it really DOES look like a suit from that time period and it succeeds extremely well in that respect. However, I feel as if the suit design is rather... bland. You know? It's all gray and not bulky with armour like the rest of the Gaim suits. It stands out as being one of the most boring - it's basically Samurai armour with pictures of fruit on it. That's what it looks like to me. It doesn't look like an arms change.

That's the thing that gets me. In a series where Samurai armour is seamlessly mixed in with fruits to create some pretty awesome aesthetics, this just seems like the easy way out.

To be perfectly honest, I think that's what is bugging me the most. The fruit on his chest and his fruit roll up eyes have so much colour and that's about it. It feels somewhat out of place.

Lurker
dude, just stop. it's not cool to go saying other people's opinions are wrong, insult them, then call your opinions fact.

we don't take kindly to people who do that kind of stuff, and it'll make you likely to be reported for harassment

Yeah, those posts are based on bias and overreaction on my behalf (though, Decade's final form is a pile of poo still).

@Galaxian I deeply apologize for my rage induced comments. I don't necessarily agree that any forms from any Kamen Rider series is that level of bad, but I will respect your opinion.

Orange
To be honest.. It looks like Gaim is using the himawari lockseed for his new form. The silver, and the stripes going down his body and then the pointy head. Lol. But interesting theme.. I can see why they did what they did. But I feel it could've been done much better. Like someone else said, make it more like blade king form where the fruits are distributed. But I know that they have to fit everything on the armor. "Compatable lock seed armors" and all.. Will have to see it on screen, but I'm loving Malus/Mars. Badass shield and sword look!

Blade Adept
I'm going to need better shots and live footage to fully come to a conclusion, but I'm not walking away with a good first impression here. Without the fruit motif, it looks very nice, and very fitting for the period it lifts the motif from. With the fruit, the chest looks conspicuously incongruent from everything else, and it lacks the sort of elegant cohesion that Kachidoki had.

I think there certainly is merit to the notion that mid-season forms have been more aesthetically pleasing than final forms lately (bar Fourze; I struggle to tell which looks worse, whether Magnet or Cosmic). I'll see if in the show Kiwami can have the opposite effect on me than what happened with Infinity. I fell in love with the elegant Infinity design at first glance in toy scans, only to notice what is supposed to pass as "diamonds" looking only like the cheapest of plastic things, which hampered the overall look of the suit on screen.

No Sigurd or Duke in the movie suggests they might have kicked the bucket by then. I am aware it is AU, before this bit of my post is quoted. I'm just wondering whether the timing of the film coincides with Ryoma and Sid already being dead in the series. But then again, Sid being part of the football game implies that Sigurd will probably just get Kaixa'd onscreen. Minato being part of what is presumably the hero lineup is intriguing, as do the earlier summaries of her "helping" Kouta? Is this the moment when she decides to drop the whole "Professor Ryoma" fangirl thing and finally moves forward with her own long-term agenda?

Gold apple rider looks alright. I kind of imagined some kind of unbranded Kamen Rider knockoff made in China at first for some reason, but it looks okay. It does a much better job of being a knight than Baron and Duke, albeit a much more fantasised roleplaying kind of knight. The Mars/Malus name thing sounds like a great choice. The latter to signify his being bad, and the former to aptly denote him as the God of War. I don't know what I'm seeing with the silver one. Looks more aqua than silver, and that weird crown thing looks stupidly bizarre.

EDIT: I would have loved to see both Zangetsus in that lineup, with Micchy keeping Shin. =/

Last edited:
Lurker
Well, it really DOES look like a suit from that time period and it succeeds extremely well in that respect. However, I feel as if the suit design is rather... bland. You know? It's all gray and not bulky with armour like the rest of the Gaim suits. It stands out as being one of the most boring - it's basically Samurai armour with pictures of fruit on it. That's what it looks like to me. It doesn't look like an arms change.

That's the thing that gets me. In a series where Samurai armour is seamlessly mixed in with fruits to create some pretty awesome aesthetics, this just seems like the easy way out.

To be perfectly honest, I think that's what is bugging me the most. The fruit on his chest and his fruit roll up eyes have so much colour and that's about it. It feels somewhat out of place.

I think that's my problem too. This just seems outside the realm of the usual design. This doesn't look like it unfolds from anything, which is kind of the key transformation aspect. I'm curious to see the henshin and how this armor functions.

Well, I'm loving Kamen Rider Mars, he looks amazing.

As for Kiwami Arms - I genuinely don't know. I could go either way at this point, I think I'll have to see it in action: Either it will really grow on me, or I'll start hating it, but at the moment I'm just looking at it and going 'Yep. That's definitely a form.'

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
yeahh, they do it backwards..
give a goddamn fuckin awesome form design to the evil rider and instead, give our protagonist a goddamn awful fruit salad form :eyebrow:
maybe i can see it more neutral if the color is not only silver..in actual, kiwami looks bland with that combination, lets hope the action choreography can repay our dissapointment for the form :170:

"Training."
The helmet needs more colours. Its literally just solid silver with the gold crest. The fruity decorative paint/markings on his chest could've been better. They nailed it with Jinba Lemon Arms but somehow screwed it up here :/

Last edited: