So are they going to ignore this episode like they did the ToQger special in a week from now? I'm not going to bother with it if it's not canon.

Otaku University Student
So are they going to ignore this episode like they did the ToQger special in a week from now? I'm not going to bother with it if it's not canon.

Considering it happened in the past, you've already been ignoring it. (^.^)

Also, that preview looks awesome. Kiwami Lockseed spotted!

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Even if Kikaider is still relevant, it's not at the same level as KR & Sentai. To where they're needed as a medium just get today's fans interested. Which is what happened with Gavan. Since Toei doesn't want to take a risk with something that hasn't been seen in more than 10 years without some kind of promotion with today's heroes.
Kikaider is a legend in Japan. Much like UltraSeven or Kamen Rider 1. You can't compare Gavan here.

It's a good standalone episode. Much better than that awful ToQger crossover.

Kikaider is a legend in Japan. Much like UltraSeven or Kamen Rider 1. You can't compare Gavan here.

It's a good standalone episode. Much better than that awful ToQger crossover.

I never doubted Kikaider's popularity, especially in Hawaii. It's just that I can understand why they needed to promote it. Since they want to play it safe.

Also after the last few episodes of Micchi's backstabbing, it was good to have a break from it until next week.

Last edited:
I wish I knew why the writers think that they need every crossover to have its own timeline/universe.

Come on. How hard can it be?!

Demashu attacks the city.
Gaim and Baron tries to stop him, but are too weak after the last battle.
Kikaider shows up, beats Demashu, forcing him to retreat.
Kikaider walks away before Kouta can get a chance to talk to him.
The next day Kouta sees Jiro standing in the rain.

See, was that so hard? It could have been done in like 3 minutes.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I wish I knew why the writers think that they need every crossover to have its own timeline/universe.

There's no way they would ever do something as retarded as what you just came up with.

It's likely because Urobuchi doesn't want to interrupt his narrative for crossover material. To make the crossover actually fit in the running plotline, they'd obviously need Urobuchi's participation too, considering how Gaim has a serial storyline. It doesn't seem like he wants to play with them though. To be fair, considering how this is Takebe, I wouldn't be surprised if they were mostly last minute things, rather than events planned from the start.

The crossovers kind of get acknowledged, but it's always in things not connected to the script, but mainly direction. For example, the Beat Rider teams and the bgm for the final Beat Rider episode all matched Sengoku Battle's Beat Riders, but that's mostly casting, props and direction, the script itself has never acknowledged Sengoku Battle's events.

Toqger Vs Gaim shows the repaired Yggdrazil Tower (with the destroyed domes back in place but not spinning anymore), before the actual Gaim series itself showed it, but the tv episode continued right after the last one without a break.

This episode apparently had a disclaimer about taking place a while ago, but obviously nothing from it has been referenced anywhere either. We likely will see the new Invess type introduced here appearing in group scenes of minor Invess though (and it's included in the list of Invess in the official website), but the script won't mention any of the events we saw here.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

No, because it will completely mess up Urobutchi's script, I'd rather have it standalone. And it quickly mentioned this happened 2 weeks ago at the start.

So far it was enjoyable to see the new Kikaider. Since it brought back a lot of memories of the old series. At the same time it's also sad that Jiro reboots after he turns into Kikaider, to where he doesn't remembers Kouta. Also Ryoma putting his brain in Hakaider to test him out and he still can't get the job done.

Last edited: