So how do you reckon Micchy will be forgiven/redeemed, if at all?

I think that Micchy is close to crossing a line into an area where any redemption he finds will require his death. This subplot is actually one of the most interesting in the show right now, and I'm not quite sure what direction they intend to take Micchy's character.

Lurker
As a comic book geek, I am very accustomed to the idea of having outsiders jump into the plot, and I wish it would happen more often in Tokusatsu.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I cannot get into comics precisely because of this reason... My suspension of disbelief can only carry one, maybe two sources of "supernatural" or alike. If you have cyborgs AND magic for example, the only reason cyborgs do exist, should be because of said magic used as a source or something. Or you know, magic is just nanomachines doing stuff that looks like magic and thus of the same origin as cyborgs.

With comic books, it's just everything in this pot of nonsense, and you might as well say leprechauns are real and you can send wish to a magical unicorn to make bad guys go away, or something...

As for the episode... I kinda think next few episodes must unmask Mitchy. The whole "plotting behind Kouta's back" has been going around for awhile. Not only Fake Takatora subplot is going to get tiresome quickly, it will also multiple by the fact that it's also Mitchy's a traitor subplot being stretched as well. So that is "double tiresome".

The whole crossover is weird and, in my opinion out of place at this point. Should've at least not have a direct cliff hanger before it. But as long as it's Canon Status is that of a sentai crossover (as in, doesn't actually tie into anything so might as well be not canon) I am fine. I was kinda excited for idea of Foundation X linking the series together, but that was really only because I kinda dug Foundation X, so it was despite myself. Mixing both Sentai and other toku together just doesn't work.
Why would people be skeptical about monsters in some Toku show, when there is always a city each year, that gets attacked by giant monsters on a weekly basis, and earth in general gets invaded all the time. You cannot have all that and have the world to be just like ours. 100% sure knowledge of alien intelligence will change people and society... Supernatural beings being 100% real in the public eye WILL change people and society... Constant destruction and death caused by then on the yearly basis will change society in even bigger aspects. Japan would've been starving and a 3rd world country by now with all the collateral damage thinning it's budget...
And yes I cannot NOT think about that, when you start trying to build this combined world that supposed to make sense. And it ruins everything for me...

Why would people be skeptical about monsters in some Toku show, when there is always a city each year, that gets attacked by giant monsters on a weekly basis, and earth in general gets invaded all the time. You cannot have all that and have the world to be just like ours.

Personally, I think unrelated monsters existing in the past kind of helps Gaim's setting, although mostly due to how badly some of the basic elements were introduced in the beginning.

It's really hard to believe that the whole Invess game would have stayed something known only in Zawame itself and mostly seen as a game. Even before the armors and bigger monsters were introduced, there were teens summoning miniature monsters that could go out of control and attack people if they drop the summoning devices. There's no way that would be overlooked and considered just an inoffensive "game" in a world similar to ours. Now, if that world had already seen many weird things, to the point that the police is already used to assigning special divisions and officers specifically to those abnormal cases, then it suddenly doesn't become that odd. In that context, it suddenly becomes a glorified cockfighting.

Regarding Sentai, both the first Super Hero Taisen and the recent Gaim vs Toqger had dialogue that indicated they're in separate worlds anyway.

I think that Micchy is close to crossing a line into an area where any redemption he finds will require his death. This subplot is actually one of the most interesting in the show right now, and I'm not quite sure what direction they intend to take Micchy's character.

That's what they said for Pain and Obito from Naruto. ;-;

i think michiee is either going to die by monster transformation or he is going to die by betrayal

Micchy's saving grace right now is that he hasn't really managed to seriously harm anyone yet. He's tried, bless his cotton socks has the boy tried, but he's not yet managed to cause serious injury or death yet.

I can't see him going back to the way he was in the beginning of the show.
Why would he suddenly start liking Kouta again? His hatred is not based on a misunderstanding or a lie. He really DOES hate Kouta for being Kouta.

Why would he suddenly start liking Kouta again? His hatred is not based on a misunderstanding or a lie. He really DOES hate Kouta for being Kouta.

Well, for one, Micchy would have to accept that HE'S the problem, nobody else. HE'S the one that has been ruining his own life, and he should stop blaming everyone else.

That... is a lot harder to do than it sounds, obviously, but it's what's going to have to happen or any type of redemption that isn't complete BS.

Truth is Micchi hates Kouta for interfering in his little fantasy world. Where Mai & the others are in blissful ignorance. It sounds like he can't handle living in reality, where everything right now has changed. To where both Kouta & Mai has already matured and grown.

The more I think about it, the more I realise Micchy's whole plan in Helheim relies entirely on Kouta dropping Jinba Peach at just the right time. He can hear Micchy pretending he's being attacked and gunshot noises, but about five seconds after that Micchy says "That'll do" out loud, drops his henshin and henshins again, this time to Zangetsu. What if Kouta had kept Jinba Peach until he got to Micchy, instead of reverting to his default form? He'd have heard all of that.
Or that Kouta can hear him shouting for help but won't hear the belt screaming "MELON ENERGY!!!" immediately after and think "you mean Takatora was kicking your ass before he's even transformed?"
Is Micchi worse than Kusaka yet?
Kusaka's plots were much more repetative. Tell lies about the main character. Get caught out. Tell lies about the main character. Get caught out. Micchi's much more watchable.
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I cannot get into comics precisely because of this reason... My suspension of disbelief can only carry one, maybe two sources of "supernatural" or alike. If you have cyborgs AND magic for example, the only reason cyborgs do exist, should be because of said magic used as a source or something. Or you know, magic is just nanomachines doing stuff that looks like magic and thus of the same origin as cyborgs.
I'm not into comics but I feel similarly about toku franchises. It's very obvious that the Rider and Sentai shows are developed as stand-alone seasons and I always feel like crossovers are a case of just throwing them together and hoping that something sticks. You might occasionally get something that works but the rest of the time you just get an awkward tension as characters from one franchise have to act much more goofily or seriously than usual, or heroes from one property barely use their powers to stop them eclipsing the much less capable heroes they're teamed with.

Having said that, I must admit a part of me is curious to see what the new version of Kikaider is like. I've seen the first couple of episodes of the original series and IMO they were the worst things I've ever seen from Toei, so I'd like this to give me some kind of insight into just why it's become such a fondly remembered show.