Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard:Movie Taisen - News/Rumors thread

I don't do sense
Wizard movies were consistently better than Wizard itself (In Magic Land was pretty much what Wizard should have been all along), so Wizard part being actually good comes as no surprise.

Gaim part was dumb and stupid but mostly because massive crossovers have overstayed they welcome way too much.

"Training."
I don't what to say about this movie. :sweat:

MegaMax is still the best of the Movie War series.

I liked how Wizard got to join Gaim's cast before the actual crossover final battle. There was something odd about the direction of the movie though, but I can't quite tell what it was. In the Gaim part, there seemed to be several action scenes with almost no soundtrack playing, but I don't think it was just that...

I enjoyed, but and at the same time didn't like the participation of the Bujin Riders. W, OOO, Fourze and Wizard felt integrated enough into the story, rather than random cameos. Well, I guess one could say that the Bujin resembling the Riders in the first place is random, but once you get over that, I think their roles felt natural enough. However, I'm not fond of Riders dying so easily, even if they're just AU ones.

I wonder why they even bothered to include the pre-W Riders as Bujin Riders though. The only ones that actually play roles in the story are W and on, with the previous ones only appearing in exposition scenes that talk about the war and Bujin Riders in general.

I enjoyed it more than Ultimatum at least, but I'm not fond of that movie.

Edit: Thinking about it, the main issue with the Bujin Riders set up is that them being parallel versions of the Riders is pretty much ignored by the script. Although there were some actor references with W's, Fourze's and Kiva's lords, the Riders themselves might as well have been completely movie original Riders. Even Bujin Gaim basically has no parallel at all with Kouta, and is just a villain that happens to resemble Gaim's appearance. Decade always attempted to use the AU Riders to draw parallels with themes of the original series, even if it wasn't always successful, but the Bujins here just... exist, and the script really does nothing with them being parallel versions of the Riders.

Last edited:
"Training."
I felt the Wizard part was decent. The final fight with them redoing the key moments between Haruto and Koyomi was touching. However, it didn't have as much impact as it wanted because Koyomi wasn't very developed in the series enough for the audience to connect and care about.

Gaim part was...I guess all over the place. It had some cool moments but I dunno I have to think about it a bit more.

Also I reckon some of the fights were kinda lazy. For example, they got the Legend Rider Lockseeds and then went straight to finishers after doing some posing.

I hope one day they stop the "three-part format" and actually get both casts interact with each other from start to finish. This has annoyed me since the very beginning of this movie series.

Yes, the three part format does have some advantages:
Giving each cast equal screen time
Allow for each series to get their own story and more

However for a "crossover/teamup" movie theres no actual "crossover/teamup" until the final 10-15 minutes. This has annoyed me since the very beginning of this movie series.

Sorry for my rant.

DSP

Lurker
Are riders movies usually this long? It felt really weird.

I think it might be down to the fact that the last crossover part wasn't so pronounced, making it feel like Gaim's part was sooo long.

I thought it was an alright movie, Wizard's part was great and it's sad that he only really shows how good he can be in standalone stuff and not his own series. Gaim's bit was ehhhh, it wasn't that great a concept. However did like how Kouta stepped up to the plate when Baron came a knockin'

The Legend Rider forms are much better in motion if only for the added effects which really sell it, especially during that rider kick finisher.

Also takatora trying to say uchuu kitaa was the best.

EDIT:

However for a "crossover/teamup" movie theres no actual "crossover/teamup" until the final 10-15 minutes. This has annoyed me since the very beginning of this movie series.

I would love to see this. The moments where they actually got to talk were really nice, but yeah would like a whole movie of those kind of moments. Though Taisen and the TQG crossover sorta rectify that so here's hoping future crossover movies have more cast interaction.

わたし は ケモノ ライダ!
It's kind of tragically awkward seeing the Micchy in this movie knowing that he'll eventually become the Micchy of ep 36-39...

Last edited:
Now, count up your crimes!
I never quite understand how Wizard is unable to take on Orga in his Dragon forms but can take him on just fine with his normal Styles.

So, Wizardragon is too big for Orga to eat? God, this villain is so disappointing.

Gaim section was okay.

Akira Date is 100 times more manlier as Nobunaga. XD