I don't have low self esteem.
Okay, incase you don't know what the bloody hell I'm talking about, and I wouldn't be surprised because I don't know either.. :p

Okay, so when MMPR was released it lasted 3 seasons. Season 1 where Rita was released, the Power Rangers became the Power Rangers and... etc..

Season 2, where Lord Zedd took over Rita and was more difficult to fight for the Power Rangers so they got new ThunderZords, then later he married Rita..

Then came Season 3 where Rita's brother came and destroyed the ThunderZords and they had to get new NinjaZords, then ShogunZords, then they got turned into kids who had to go find the Zeo crystal..

Then came Power Rangers Zeo, where they had to use the Zeo Crystal to get new powers...

Then came Power Rangers Turbo, which was a continuation of Power Rangers Zeo, and then came Power Rangers in Space which was a continuation of Power Rangers Turbo...

*PUFF PUFF*

So to get to the point, I was wondering who'd find it cool if Toei would make a new Sentai next year and the following year make another Sentai that would be a continuation of the previous Sentai.

For example 2015, we'd have Nandemo Sentai Nandemonger, then following year we'd have Nandemo Sentai NandemoRanger 2 or NandeRamonger X or Nandemo Sentai Super NandemoRanger..

Toei have done this before with Kamen Rider before (Kamen Rider Black RX was a sequel to Kamen Rider Black). They've also done this with AkibaRanger but AkibaRanger was an Unofficial Sentai..

And apart from that, most Sentai series are boring nowadays. Tokkyuger was lame (although I'm thinking about giving it a second chance) but I'm not just talking about my opinion. I heard that Sentai are getting less popular with Japanese Kids (their demographic). Go Busters for example had the lowest ratings and toy sales. So I thought making a Sentai that would sequelize a previous Sentai could make the show more interesting even for their demographic.

I don't know how this is gonna help Toei/Bandai's toy sales, perhaps they should use their imagination (no pun intended).

What do you think?

Sun Vulcan was a direct sequel to Denziman.

Toei also did this in more of a traditional sequel sense with two of the Precure seasons, going from Futari Wa to Max Heart and then Yes 5 to Yes 5 GoGo. Annnd.. things really started to drag by the end of those. The second seasons rarely introduce anything new and often end up repeating character ideas, plots and themes. 100 episodes of the same thing is just too much, there's only so much you can do with the same formula. They've vowed to never do it again with Precure, so I doubt they'd be willing to try it out for Sentai and KR now.

They could change it up more, like how Power Rangers introduced the mecha and eventually suits from the later Sentai seasons, but at that point, you might as well just be doing a completely new season like we're currently doing.

Lurker
Would be interesting if Toei did sequels, but of course, only if the first season is a really good one. Wouldn't want 2 seasons of Gaoranger.

Mad Skillz
There are probably too many variables involved for this to ever actually happen, as interesting as it would be. The key issue is finding a show from which a cast and concept popular enough to sustain two or more years of sequels could arise. Once you have a show like that, there's also the matter of whether or not the cast would even want to stick around. If a show is popular enough to demand a second year, then one would imagine the cast are popular as well - meaning they'll want to move onto bigger things. Toei casts young these days, so if you're a young, relatively unknown actor, who gains wide exposure from a year of Sentai, moving on while you're popular and in demand would behoove you if your career's end goal is anything beyond tokusatsu acting.

Of course Toei could just keep a cast on for a second year, even if they aren't wildly popular, as long as toy sales are there. It just doesn't seem realistic though. Agencies supposedly demand higher pay for their talent once commitments grow larger than a year. I'm not sure Toei would ever think it's beneficial to them to keep the same cast if they weren't literally the most popular Sentai cast around.

Also, Go-Busters problem wasn't isolated to its toy sales. Shows shows like Gekiranger and Goseiger had lower sales and Toei didn't lose their heads. The major problem was the combination of lower than usual toy sales and a TV show whose ratings showed key demographics were tuning out.

Toei currently uses a revolving main producer schedule with both Rider and Sentai, so a direct sequel seems more unlikely than ever, since it'd need to be headed by a different main producer.

I guess there's a small chance that Toei could experiment with something like Kamen Rider V3 at some point, where there's an actual transition between the two shows - expanding on the movie or last episode cameos and that they already do, but that would lead to a new main cast and the old protagonists getting phased out. However, even that seems very unlikely.

Toei also did this in more of a traditional sequel sense with two of the Precure seasons, going from Futari Wa to Max Heart and then Yes 5 to Yes 5 GoGo. Annnd.. things really started to drag by the end of those. The second seasons rarely introduce anything new and often end up repeating character ideas, plots and themes. 100 episodes of the same thing is just too much, there's only so much you can do with the same formula. They've vowed to never do it again with Precure, so I doubt they'd be willing to try it out for Sentai and KR now.

There's also the obvious tokusatsu example with Black -> Black RX, where the problem was exactly the opposite. Aside from the first episode and the two episodes involving Shadowmoon, Black RX easily could have been rewritten into a completely standalone Rider.

Instead of Sentai being 50 episodes per year, have a series that spans two to three years with 10-20 episodes per years. Or better yet, 20-20-10, 20-10-20 if not 10-20-20 as a test. If 60 episodes, split it even between the three. Couldn't they keep it a year contract by filming the entire series as per usual to avoid this?

MMPR, despite being a series that was phenomenal for its time, could have had its story told in 50-60 episodes if said filler was trimmed from the overall count. 100 episodes would be too much for one theme.

Perhaps with each year, they get new powers and mech, but have slightly altered suits until the finale season has a completely new set of suits? This allows for new toy lines that refresh yearly, but for direct sequels with new characters, it could be done like AGE or like Denjiman.

I read somewhere that Dekaranger (and Kamen Rider 555) were popular enough the be considered for a second season or something like that. Don't know how accurate this is, but if its true then they were at least considering it.

Personally, I like having it switched up every year.

There's also the possibility that they won't be able to hire actors who will stay for more than a year.

Class of 2005
Would be interesting if Toei did sequels, but of course, only if the first season is a really good one. Wouldn't want 2 seasons of Gaoranger.

2 seasons of Gaoranger supercede 2 seasons of Sun Vulcan/Gekiranger that's for darn sure.

Gaoranger could've been better, yes, but it wasn't the end all either.

There's also the possibility that they won't be able to hire actors who will stay for more than a year.

That and they want to be lawyers.

The poster who mentioned the precure series sequels is right too.