Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider - Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai

Minato Ascending
I just...I just wanted Showa to win. It was the only way I thought the ending would be good...I just wanted a good ending...

Personally, I think it is in Toei's best interest not to let either Heisei or Showa Riders win in the movie anyway. There's a huge fanbase for both sides, and the last thing Toei wants to do is to create some animosity between them. I think the poll was just a marketing ploy to drum up some interest and awareness for the movie, and not to determine which side is the actual winner in the end.

Personally, I think it is in Toei's best interest not to let either Heisei or Showa Riders win in the movie anyway. There's a huge fanbase for both sides, and the last thing Toei wants to do is to create some animosity between them. I think the poll was just a marketing ploy to drum up some interest and awareness for the movie, and not to determine which side is the actual winner in the end.

He does have a point you know.

Disappear into light!!
That's what I thought, too. The poll is basically Shirakura "selling" the movie, stirring up hype and controversy to get people to pay the tickets and fill seats, "just to see what happen". Sounds like "what happened" isn't really remarkable in and of itself. As expected.

A fan art for the movie and its voting result

You Know with the release of the movie and the aftermath of the voting results i made a fan art for this:
isen_fan_art_after_the_vote_by_joey2132132-d7c807m.jpg

And you know what this kind of "vote for your favorite heroes" thing reminds me of the superman/flash race thing from the comic's silver age and this kind of Heisei rider win in the vote reminds me of that part in worlds finest issue no 199 (1970) :

Worlds-Finest-Comics-199-1970.jpg

I think that although the ending was predetermined, the poll was actually planned to be used as a survey by Toei to see how they progress after this movie.

The result of the poll is basically inconclusive statistically (it's statistically equivalent to a 50-50 split), so I don't know how they'll go about with that.

EDIT: WTF, did you just make up your own kanji and kana?

I think that although the ending was predetermined, the poll was actually planned to be used as a survey by Toei to see how they progress after this movie.

The result of the poll is basically inconclusive statistically (it's statistically equivalent to a 50-50 split), so I don't know how they'll go about with that.

EDIT: WTF, did you just make up your own kanji and kana?

The part with the kanji and kana yes because i wrote them because the Japanese letters are too tiny in babelfish please forgive me for doing that. and you know what maybe perhaps the next rider season they should not only retain what kuuga once had especially the previous showa rider seasons but also to retain the root that was once in its beginnings the "cyborg" root.

Last edited:
The part with the kanji and kana yes because i wrote them because the Japanese letters are too tiny in babelfish please forgive me for doing that. and you knwo maybe perhaps the next rider season they should not only retain what kuuga once had especially the previous showa rider seasons but also to retain the root that was once in its beginnings the "cyborg" root.

Slightly off topic: would they even want to do a cyborg rider again? If at all? Gaim is the 15th Heisei Rider so there's a possibility that Toei might consider on trying out another new direction for the next generation.

Slightly off topic: would they even want to do a cyborg rider again? If at all? Gaim is the 15th Heisei Rider so there's a possibility that Toei might consider on trying out another new direction for the next generation.

Reply to the off topic :True i mean sure next season might probably be about "sibling" riders,a police kamen rider team ,a treasure hunting kamen rider (or a team) or something but the reason what we really want for the future season is a lone cyborg theme because the cyborg thing is what started it all from the very beginning i mean sure todays technology is about collecting toys based on each motif but if we use cyborg theme with nanotechnology that has organism turned into mechanical things then it will feel like the series is going back to its cyborg roots. :disappoin