555 came out over 10 years ago. The footage would look dated and it would be better to stick with something more new. Besides, I rater have these shows dubbed and subbed instead.

Because that is where the market is? Look at Tiga, and though that was a bad dub, it was hardly received well to be of any worth to the Ultra franchise in America. What should've been optioned instead was to adapt Tiga as closely as possible but make it American as well.

The marketability of foreign live action versus foreign animated is not even a comparison worth of note, considering the demographics are heavily niche. And considering how Tiga was dubbed, I'm honestly not sure that dubs would be beneficial in this case. Subs would only work in places where there are a majority Asian American communities, like how Hawaii gets their tokusatu.

If America had a sizable Japanese audience equally distributed throughout the United States that was a market force to be reckoned with like the Black community, I bet tokusatsu in their rawest of forms would be more marketable in their initial forms.

If I were to recall, Marvel and later, Saban were trying to first market Sentai as itself, but it failed unlike in other parts of the world.

Why? France, Brazil ,the Philippines and other nations where tokusatsu was a hit not only had the audience [maybe population?] to demand these shows and make profits, but because Brazil has had a sizable Japanese population alongside the Philippines has had Japanese influence due to its proximity with the country. Had Bioman jumped the English Channel and became a hit on British airwaves, it might have spread to the States and been taken on.

We should also consider the fact that Japanese entertainment was highly cheap at the time of the 50s through the 70s since it was an emerging post-WWII economy. Much what is popular here only came here because it was cheap and from mere circumstance, and once the demand of that waned because it was not being met by a growing fanbase, much of what could have became a sizable niche for Japanese entertainment became only centered around anime while tokusatsu was only known by insiders in Hollywood that did the special effects.

Because the United States hasn't had the demographics or the demand met, well considering how they stopped dubbing the Ultra series , they wouldn't have the demand to dub others like Kamen Rider or Sentai for a mass American audience. The only way Japanese culture could have became entrenched into American culture sooner to be profitable not as a small niche is if America annexed Japan as a state after WWII [Hawaiian culture got dispersed into American culture because of this], virtually enslaved 1/4 of Japan's population to work as their slaves by conquering Japan in the 1900's, or if Japan gave them their undesirables to us, if not a combination of the latter two.

Since none of that happened, the only way it could be done now is if it was remade or if it was given a higher quality dub than Tiga [which will realistically never happen]. The only reason we see bigger niches of British, Scandinavian or Canadian shows is due to demographics and shared history/culture. Much of that cannot be said about Japan that we deal with in the present or the past 50 years.

If dubs were to become popular, it would mean that the demand of remade shows would go down and an increasing demand of dubbed series would rise up. It would be ironic given that Saban happened to have killed the tokusatsu dubs in France and elsewhere, that if the market were to change, that they could be the ones who bring dubbed tokusatsu to the mainstream.

Although dubs may be good, I'd argue that for how well entrenched Power Rangers is, it would be best to Americanize Kamen Rider fully and tweak what doesn't work. It's not like the plots would flunk for an older audience or those who like soaps, as the early Heisei has elements of drama, horror and science fiction. The only issue is that more effort would need to be put in to remaster the footage [which they could do], have filming still be in LA, and find a way to make the concept of Bug-eyed heroes jive well.

Then again, if we got Spider-Man, it should be fine.

Because that is where the market is? Look at Tiga, and though that was a bad dub, it was hardly received well to be of any worth to the Ultra franchise in America. What should've been optioned instead was to adapt Tiga as closely as possible but make it American as well.

The marketability of foreign live action versus foreign animated is not even a comparison worth of note, considering the demographics are heavily niche. And considering how Tiga was dubbed, I'm honestly not sure that dubs would be beneficial in this case. Subs would only work in places where there are a majority Asian American communities, like how Hawaii gets their tokusatu.

If America had a sizable Japanese audience equally distributed throughout the United States that was a market force to be reckoned with like the Black community, I bet tokusatsu in their rawest of forms would be more marketable in their initial forms.

If I were to recall, Marvel and later, Saban were trying to first market Sentai as itself, but it failed unlike in other parts of the world.

Why? France, Brazil ,the Philippines and other nations where tokusatsu was a hit not only had the audience [maybe population?] to demand these shows and make profits, but because Brazil has had a sizable Japanese population alongside the Philippines has had Japanese influence due to its proximity with the country. Had Bioman jumped the English Channel and became a hit on British airwaves, it might have spread to the States and been taken on.

We should also consider the fact that Japanese entertainment was highly cheap at the time of the 50s through the 70s since it was an emerging post-WWII economy. Much what is popular here only came here because it was cheap and from mere circumstance, and once the demand of that waned because it was not being met by a growing fanbase, much of what could have became a sizable niche for Japanese entertainment became only centered around anime while tokusatsu was only known by insiders in Hollywood that did the special effects.

Because the United States hasn't had the demographics or the demand met, well considering how they stopped dubbing the Ultra series , they wouldn't have the demand to dub others like Kamen Rider or Sentai for a mass American audience. The only way Japanese culture could have became entrenched into American culture sooner to be profitable not as a small niche is if America annexed Japan as a state after WWII [Hawaiian culture got dispersed into American culture because of this], virtually enslaved 1/4 of Japan's population to work as their slaves by conquering Japan in the 1900's, or if Japan gave them their undesirables to us, if not a combination of the latter two.

Since none of that happened, the only way it could be done now is if it was remade or if it was given a higher quality dub than Tiga [which will realistically never happen]. The only reason we see bigger niches of British, Scandinavian or Canadian shows is due to demographics and shared history/culture. Much of that cannot be said about Japan that we deal with in the present or the past 50 years.

If dubs were to become popular, it would mean that the demand of remade shows would go down and an increasing demand of dubbed series would rise up. It would be ironic given that Saban happened to have killed the tokusatsu dubs in France and elsewhere, that if the market were to change, that they could be the ones who bring dubbed tokusatsu to the mainstream.

Although dubs may be good, I'd argue that for how well entrenched Power Rangers is, it would be best to Americanize Kamen Rider fully and tweak what doesn't work. It's not like the plots would flunk for an older audience or those who like soaps, as the early Heisei has elements of drama, horror and science fiction. The only issue is that more effort would need to be put in to remaster the footage [which they could do], have filming still be in LA, and find a way to make the concept of Bug-eyed heroes jive well.

Then again, if we got Spider-Man, it should be fine.

did you know cartoon network was originally going to get dragon knight, they just didnt offer enough. i think if was on that channel or nick or i.e channels that are kid friendly and easier to get to it would got a better a reception. CW change channels 4 times during its release

France, Brazil ,the Philippines and other nations where tokusatsu was a hit not only had the audience [maybe population?] to demand these shows and make profits, but because Brazil has had a sizable Japanese population alongside the Philippines has had Japanese influence due to its proximity with the country.

Why was it so popular in France, I wonder. The other countries I can understand given your demographics discussion, but I didn't think France has a sizable East Asian or Japanese in particular audience. Indochinese probably.

Why was it so popular in France, I wonder. The other countries I can understand given your demographics discussion, but I didn't think France has a sizable East Asian or Japanese in particular audience. Indochinese probably.

it dosent but france is like the third biggest import of anime in the 1900's

Toku being popular in the Philippines had little to do with the proximity (Though, in fairness, it could have been a factor because it's easier to import the shows). For Bioman, and later Maskman, it was because we had access to very good localized dubs and little in the way of local competition.

Little kids had vaguely an idea that they (and Ultraman and Machineman and the Space Sheriffs) were all lumped together as tokusatsu.

Harumph.
I think Kamen Rider deserves a second chance, but I think it ought to be a series that has aired a bit more recently.

It's been a whole decade since Faiz finished.

Altair
I think the earliest series they would consider doing is Den-O or Kabuto. Kabuto especially because it was the first Rider series aired in HD. IIRC Den-O was transferred to 720 later.

I think the earliest series they would consider doing is Den-O or Kabuto. Kabuto especially because it was the first Rider series aired in HD. IIRC Den-O was transferred to 720 later.

they already announced they want to do a all serious kamen rider series so den-o's out, the brothers where going to do a dragon knight movie but adness is trying to raise money for kabuto and faiz so thats the next two just depends on how they are gonna release it.

they already announced they want to do a all serious kamen rider series so den-o's out, the brothers where going to do a dragon knight movie but adness is trying to raise money for kabuto and faiz so thats the next two just depends on how they are gonna release it.

Hopefully it lands on CN or Nick so we could get Super Hero Time in the States.