Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 15 - "The Man Who Developed the Belts"

"Training."
I like how Urobuchi was poking fun at Bandai and their loud toys with the between Kouta, Kaito and Ryoma.

Lurker
Marika has a spade on her helmet...are the Energy Riders supposed to be linked to card suites?
If it's true then Duke is diamond Zangetsu is clover and Sigurd is heart :p
DJ Sagara will be joker :169:

Just watched subbed episode. I've got a feeling that Micchy will take the blame with what happened to Yuuya on later episodes if I read him right.

Sagara is probably acting per Ryoma's requests, but I feel like he has a personal motive too...

DJ Sagara gives me the impression personality-wise is a cross between "Cake Boss" and Kirihiko...more inclined to Kirihiko...he works for the company, but seems to legitimately love his city and will do any means to protect it.

Just watched subbed episode. I've got a feeling that Micchy will take the blame with what happened to Yuuya on later episodes if I read him right.

And if he blames Kouta...??? Hellfire and brimstone?:laugh:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
It's not Micchy's fault at all, though. How would he take the blame? There's the whole second-hand responsibility thing that is big in Japan (i.e. Micchy is the heir to Yggdrasill, which is doing all this stuff with Lockseeds, which caused Yuuya to eat one and get killed by Kouta and DIE) but Kouta wouldn't reasonably hold that against him ...

I just decided to pop into this thread just to say how much I am loving this show so far. And this episode.

I imagine DJ Sagara isn't on the side of either Yggdrasill or the Beat Riders, but instead his own agenda has something to do with Helheim Forest itself. After all, that one cryptic line about the forest "choosing" someone says a lot about his true intentions if ya ask me.

Also, lolz at Ryouma Wärring. You have officially crossed into Americanization territory, Aesir. Kudos.

It's not Micchy's fault at all, though. How would he take the blame? There's the whole second-hand responsibility thing that is big in Japan (i.e. Micchy is the heir to Yggdrasill, which is doing all this stuff with Lockseeds, which caused Yuuya to eat one and get killed by Kouta and DIE) but Kouta wouldn't reasonably hold that against him ...

What I meant was, if I understood Micchy's character right, he may go as far as claim he was the one who killed Inves!Yuuya just to protect Kouta.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What I meant was, if I understood Micchy's character right, he may go as far as claim he was the one who killed Inves!Yuuya just to protect Kouta.

Surely he can only do that if Kouta is told about Yuuya? If Kouta watches the footage, he'll surely remember it's the same Inves he fought ...

The bit with the playing cards and the pen was just so good.

The look on her face as she takes out her pen just says "Yeeaaah, I can totally tell what you guys are planning to do".
I've been trying to avoid spoilers and at first I genuinely thought it was the actress who played Miu in Fourze returning, so I was totally thrown even before the card stuff. :sweat:
Is the Lemon Energy Lockseed Ryouma's or another one? Has it been established that there are multiples of the Energy Lockseeds?
No but it's been established that there are multiples of the standard lockseeds (at least of the pinecone and strawberry ones) and I can't imagine that they'd debut a new form for Gaim so close to a new Rider using the same transformation trinket if they had to share rather than having their own copies. Back in the first episode they established that the fruits only become lockseeds when held by someone wearing a belt (Gaim carries a couple around for a while and they only turn into lockseeds after he finally puts the belt on), so I'd imagine that anyone wearing a Genesis Driver turns the fruit into an energy lockseed rather than the standard ones created by wearing a Sengoku Driver.
Why does Baron have banana playing cards.
He had them in one of the first few episodes. Various fruits, not just bananas. He threw one at a TV with enough force to shatter the screen(!).
Did anyone else think of the King Stones and or notice a sun and moon motif from Warsome hakase's sketches?
I was thinking it was more like a Stronger-style star belt, though I wasn't looking too closely.
Marika has a spade on her helmet...are the Energy Riders supposed to be linked to card suites?
Spade? I don't see it? You don't mean the stylised peach shape do you? (like the logo on Momotaros' belt) Because she's a girl Rider and the Japanese associate peaches with femininity etc etc...

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Spade? I don't see it? You don't mean the stylised peach shape do you? (like the logo on Momotaros' belt) Because she's a girl Rider and the Japanese associate peaches with femininity etc etc...

Here.

marikahelmet_zpsa80c38d7.png

Looks a bit more spade-like than full on peach, what with the foot of it, but I guess it could be a stylized leaf?