Podcaster and Toy Commentator
I try to be polite usually but.... well, it's been a long night.

I grew up on MMPR, but that does not mean ZyuRanger is not superior and I only care about owning ZyuRanger stuff, not a stupid female yellow ranger.

Calling something you don't like stupid is inflammatory. All you're doing is pissing off the PR fans for no reason. And calling any one version superior is a matter of personal taste. I don't even necessarily disagree, but it's about phrasing. Try not thinking you're better than everyone else whenever you post something, it might help.

Speak English dude, this is America, NOT Prisonland.

Good one.

I kid, but seriously, what does "starting to gt a little" mean?

It means you haven't reached the point where the **** you're saying is so offensive I ban you, but it's getting close. Let me know if that's still unclear for you, I'll try again using smaller words.

The thing is, I shouldn't have to import them when we have a US distributor. Their reasons are just as retarded as the ones that they use for not being able to release AkibaRanger, DaiRanger, and web exclusive Kamen Rider stuff here. If they can do the Sentai web exclusives, there is no reason they cannot do Kamen Rider and AkibaRanger.

Well Retarded is an offensive term, which is also inflammatory, but then so are most of the things you say. But let's go past that.

I would guess their reasons for not releasing the series you mentioned in the West would boil down to a lack of interest. Tokusatsu in general is a niche within the geek world. Sentai and Rider are a niche within that. If everyone on this forum who was signed up bought every Bluefin release, that may be enough to justify it. Because we all know who Dairanger and Akibaranger are. But that isn't how many buy them.

Let's say the number of people who are active on this toy forum buy them. That's.... let's generously say 25. Not worth it for Bluefin; they make no money. If you add in the people on other Toku sites who buy who toys and also don't post here, then let's generously say 75. Still not enough. let's now add in people who don't post on forums but collect anyway. We'll assume 10% of people who collect SHF's also post, so that's abut 750 or so people in the US who know enough about the hobby to buy characters who might buy them. Is that enough? Maybe, but I'd be surprised.

I don't know the exact number obviously. I am not in a business. Bluefin are, and they say it isn't economical or feasible to do so. Unless you have evidence to the contrary, that's the way things are.

I'm A Djinn
I wonder if Powerdizer and Machine Itasshar did well enough for Bandai to release an SH Figuarts Suika Arms that I wont buy anyway. Actually, thinking about it, I probably might.

For a show that has only clocked in 14 eps they already have 10 or so base Riders to make Figuarts for, that's amazing!

And the recent news of Arm Change KR Bravo and the DX Durian Lock Seed WITH Bravo faceplate (exclusives i know, but I am a rational adult, I can deal with it) is proof to me that my soon-to-be most treasured Figuart will see the light of day maybe some time this year. Or 2015, I dont mind.

Lurker
Well, not everyone lives in the US. For the rest of us, importing from Amazon.com or anywhere in America is more expensive than just getting the Japanese releases. So Blufin isn't helping most of us there.

If you're a Sentai fan and don't care about PR it's even worse, since I imagine a lot of people who supported Blufin in the early days did so because they were Sentai/Rider fans, not necessarily Power Rangers ones. It's great that they've helped the entire Zyuranger team get released, I have no problems catering to a popular market.. But not so much that it takes the focus away from everything else. Now we're done with the main releases, fans are clamouring for endless repaints, variants and villain releases of the same things. How about we go back and finish one of the teams that the Zyu interfered with? Or start releasing some guys from another season? But even the popularity polls seem to indicate that nobody in the US wants anything besides more MMPR.

So sorry, but I see Blufin as nothing but detrimental to the Figuarts brand, especially as the one major thing they've done (create a female yellow) seems to have had polarizing effects.

I myself do not live in the US. I'm in Canada where Bluefin hasn't extended very far into, so for me, I've only purchased the MMPR SHF through them, but they are slowly making other things available. No matter how I look at it, having another choice of where i can buy something is a good thing.

You make a point that the MMPR figures are slowing the releases of everything else. While that is true, what is there to complain about? SHF pushes out lots of figures every year. For Kamen Rider, I only collect SICs, which have maybe 6 or so releases per year including exclusives and repaints.

Also, right now the nostalgia factor of MMPR is high so why not ride it to the bank? It wouldn't make sense not to. If they can sell pointless repaints, all the power to them. It's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to please people. In the end, it's about money like with everything in the world today.

Again, we should all just try to be POSITIVE. It takes less energy.

/rant

D

Dr Kain

This is the internet. Your country's desecration of the English Language doesn't apply here, you tool!!!

<sigh> Did you even read the next sentence?

Anyway, I apologize for my conduct on this issue. I think what bothers me more is that all of these people were bugging Bluefin to release a female Tiger Ranger and that only maybe 40% of those people are going to actually buy the thing. And when she doesn't sell well because of this, Bandai is just going to look at Bluefin and say, "Yeah, we're not going to make anything you say has a high demand ever again because clearly that is not the case."

Well, I do believe Dr. Kain has apologized for his conduct and so we can move on. :)

I successfully avoided buying OOO and Fourze Figuarts completely as the other 1/12 line figures were pretty awesome. Just when I thought I was out, Iron Man Figuarts pull me back in.

I just got Gucci Mk 6 Iron Man to go along with Red Mk 6 and War Machine. :buttrock:

... Just when I thought I was out, Iron Man Figuarts pull me back in.

Oh actually I lie, I guess I have also been buying DBZ Figuarts & Figuarts Zero.

:sweat:

Still, far cry from those days when I used to drop couple hundred bucks on Bandai almost every other week.

Let me put in my two cents:

I understand that there's people in the U.S. that don't care about MMPR but like Zyuranger and want the complete team as THEY see it. However, most people in the U.S. that know of MMPR are completely oblivious to the existence of Zyuranger.

These figures are not marketed as Zyurangers; they're marketed as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, at least in North America. So imagine the average Power Rangers (not Sentai/Zyuranger) fan buying the Yellow Ranger from wherever they usually purchase these figures, going home, only to find this apparently female figure that's built more like Jason than Kimberly. It's easy to get away with that in the show usually because simple camera tricks like perspective and angling can make it work. When you have the whole team in figure form standing side-by-side and it's quite obvious that the yellow ranger probably has a you-know-what, it can be distracting, considering that these figures are made for collectors. Most fans won't know why Trini is the same height and build as Jason.

Coming from the perspective of someone who collects primarily Riders when it comes to Figuarts, it seems a bit ungrateful to complain about the American version properly making a female character look feminine and needing to pay middleman fees to get your perceived 'proper' version of the character. I'm almost close to completing the entire lineup of Ryuki riders in figuarts form and 3 of those exclusives are selling for near or more than 3 times as much as what Tigerramger is going to release for initially on the aftermarket. But I knew I wanted all of the Ryuki figures. If it is really that important to you, then just spend the extra money. It's what you'd be doing without Bluefin, so just be thankful you can even get 5/6 of the team without paying what you'd pay for a lot of other Figuarts.

Tyrannosaurus!
Let me put in my two cents:

I understand that there's people in the U.S. that don't care about MMPR but like Zyuranger and want the complete team as THEY see it. However, most people in the U.S. that know of MMPR are completely oblivious to the existence of Zyuranger.

These figures are not marketed as Zyurangers; they're marketed as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, at least in North America. So imagine the average Power Rangers (not Sentai/Zyuranger) fan buying the Yellow Ranger from wherever they usually purchase these figures, going home, only to find this apparently female figure that's built more like Jason than Kimberly. It's easy to get away with that in the show usually because simple camera tricks like perspective and angling can make it work. When you have the whole team in figure form standing side-by-side and it's quite obvious that the yellow ranger probably has a you-know-what, it can be distracting, considering that these figures are made for collectors. Most fans won't know why Trini is the same height and build as Jason.

Coming from the perspective of someone who collects primarily Riders when it comes to Figuarts, it seems a bit ungrateful to complain about the American version properly making a female character look feminine and needing to pay middleman fees to get your perceived 'proper' version of the character. I'm almost close to completing the entire lineup of Ryuki riders in figuarts form and 3 of those exclusives are selling for near or more than 3 times as much as what Tigerramger is going to release for initially on the aftermarket. But I knew I wanted all of the Ryuki figures. If it is really that important to you, then just spend the extra money. It's what you'd be doing without Bluefin, so just be thankful you can even get 5/6 of the team without paying what you'd pay for a lot of other Figuarts.
*applause*