Meh, it's subjective. Geki is not at the top of my list of best dance ed scenes.
I'd totally forgotten Geki even was a dance ending. All I remember about it are the creepy scenes of the team getting stalked by Shafu like he was some kind of axe murderer trailing his victims. <shudders>

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'd totally forgotten Geki even was a dance ending. All I remember about it are the creepy scenes of the team getting stalked by Shafu like he was some kind of axe murderer trailing his victims. <shudders>

................... It wasn't THAT bad was it?

R

raden238

This top 10 list for Tokkyuger is pretty funny. I can tell you a few things that I would like to see in Tokkyuger because obviously how the hell are you going list 10 things that are going to make Tokkyuger a "great show" if it didn't even air yet lol. What principles are you basing your list on?? lol there isn't any. Anyway these are the things I would like to see in Tokkyuger.

1. Have the team do a train dance for the ED theme. I saw the role call and team pose. Pretty interesting to say the least.

2. Sixth Tokkyuger having a cool suit design and cool looking Mecha that's isn't plain and blocky like the main team's.

3. Also would like for the sixth ranger to have a henshin brace like the others. Please make all the rangers have henshin braces. We haven't had a sentai series with all rangers donning wrist changers since Abaranger from 2003. Chances are slim, but I don't want to lose hope yet. Sentai braces are my favorite and I am very bias towards them.

4. More Tokkyu 3 / Ressha Yellow screen time. As much as possible. Why?? because I think she is hot and I love her :laugh:.

The new Tendou Souji
The best endings I think are those "slice of life" ones like Fiveman, Mega, Ginga and GoGoV. Then endings that showcase things related to what the heroes do, like Ohranger.

Agreed; those are definitely high on my list.

I'd totally forgotten Geki even was a dance ending.

That's kind of why I listed those, lol; the dancing was in the background and, not the main pull.

Number 10: Make the Tokkyuger more interesting

If you going to put train in Super Sentai. You got to make Tokkyuger a more interesting character like Kamen Rider Den-O

Den-O was about time travel. Tokkyuger is about trains.

Number 9: Make the sixth ranger to be a hardcore loner

Since 2009. All the sixth Ranger are comic relief, make the sixth ranger like Dragonranger of Zyuranger, Timefire of Timeranger and AbareKiller of Abaranger and have Sixth Ranger die in saddest way

Indifferent to hardcore loner, and killing off a Ranger affects future team-ups unless the character is replaced.

Number 8: No Dancing end credits!

Since 2008. All of Super Sentai's end credits have character dancing and and please return the ballad like Jetman

A few of the older Sentai aside that had good songs, people watch the end credits?

Why is a dancing end credits an issue when it's the end credits?

Number 7: Don't make Tokkyuger as a train version of Goseiger

I hears people HATED Goseiger because it made Red too nice. I hopeful that Tokkyu Red have a berserk button

I didn't watch Goseiger after the 2nd episode (because I found it boring,) but I thought Red and Pink were supposed to be the airheads.

Personally, I'd take anything over a loudmouth like Ban.

Number 6: Make Tokkyuger vs. Kyoryuger the best Super Sentai team-up

Don't make villain to brainwashing Kyoryuger to fight Tokkyuger. Give them a chemistry between those team like Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger

Not sure why that would be a concern, seeing that both seasons have a lighter tone.

Number 5: Make Villain a more badass and more Stronger than Zangyack

Make Tokkyuger's villain group a badass and unstoppable and don't make them cry-baby like Zangyack

Watch the promos. Not happening.

Number 4: Have one of Tokkyuger with unknown past

You know. Have Tokkyu Red with unknown past

If it fits into the character, okay. Otherwise, they shouldn't force it.

Number 3: Have Tokkyuger's headquarters to be a train station

It been awesome to see Tokkyuger's Train Station like inside Den-O train

You see a Sentai about trains, and don't think they won't have a train station?

Number 2: No Annoying Allies

The reason of Why Go-Busters fail because Blue Buster's Robo-buddy was acting a cry-baby and make Tokkyuger's allies less-annoying

I'm pretty sure there are better arguments for why Go-Busters "failed" that aren't related to mandatory comic relief toys.

Number 1 is: Return of Human Villain

I mean watch Liveman and Jetman. Now All Modern Super Sentai have a monster villain. I want a return of Human Villain like Gekiranger

So what do you think about this and if you have an ideas of how to make Tokkyuger a great show, so please

As much as I like the serious human/human-looking villains (growing up watching PR), monster antagonists are standard, for better or for worse.

Anyway, it mostly sounds like you're calling for a darker, edgier show.

I don't get how its cheaper having a monster suited baddy than a human villain. it takes money to make the suit, and certainly it takes money to keep the suit preserved after its been through the wear and tear of all the action scenes and pyrotechnics its exposed to.

certainly that's more expensive than hiring an actual human being. besides, you still need to hire someone to wear the bloody suit.

or is this some sort of actor's union thing?

Shyni
Clearly, all end credit sequences should just be like some of the Heisei Ultra shows where they just play the song over clips of the episode.

(I'm kidding, of course)

I don't get how its cheaper having a monster suited baddy than a human villain. it takes money to make the suit, and certainly it takes money to keep the suit preserved after its been through the wear and tear of all the action scenes and pyrotechnics its exposed to.

certainly that's more expensive than hiring an actual human being. besides, you still need to hire someone to wear the bloody suit.

Well you'd have to costume a human baddie anyway. I can't recall any that just wore regular street clothes; they're all custom jobs. And while you might not be hiring a permanent suit actor, you do have to hire a stunt double for them (even if they want to do their own stunts, chances are they can't perform choreographed fights like someone who's been doing it every day for 10 years, and if they mess up and hurt themselves you can't have them on set again until they're better).
So with those costs being fairly similar it basically comes down to whether it's cheaper to hire a "face" actor on-set or a voice actor. My understanding is that voice actors are generally cheaper (they make up for it through having a greater volume of work, as they can record an episode's worth of lines in half a day). I believe it's also fairly normal for acting contracts in Japan to include clauses saying that if the show is aired in another country then the actor is owed an extra appearance fee of some percentage of their original wages for the production. It's perhaps one of the reasons why Power Rangers, which uses actors without those clauses to play the untransformed characters, has been shown in many more countries than their Sentai counterparts - they have to account for these actors fees when deciding how much to charge for Sentai's broadcast rights.
Then finally there's availablility. I don't know how Toei phrase their contracts but throughout Sentai (and Rider to some extent) there are stories of actors who had time out or left the show because they wanted to do other jobs.

Face actors have maintenance, too. Makeup and costumes, set provisions, etc. And insurance :laugh::laugh:

Plus, with most face actors they'll have to get a stunt double anyway.

Minato Ascending
how to make it better? simple. they should've chosen someone else to write the series other than Kobayashi. :p

People gave Kobayashi a lot of flaks for the failure of Go-busters (which wasn't a terrible series, just a disappointing one), but they failed to acknowledge the fact that she was responsible for other series that did well. I do hope that she will learn her lessons from Go-busters and make sure this new series won't fall into the same pitfalls as the last one.