Otaku University Student
well, it is pretty immature to put protecting civilians over the obviously important things in life, like dance team rankings that are not based on actual dancing but instead is settled via pokemon battles.

To me, that's just blind idealism as opposed to maturity. Also, the dance team rankings might not seem important to you, but to them, it's everything - their lives, identities, aspirations, etc...

Also, the Inves battles were just introduced at the start of the series and is a relatively new concept (introduced by Yggdrasil).

I'll remember not to be "blindly ideal" the next time some of my friends decide to go drag racing in a busy road with no police. It may seem like a selfish idea, but it might be their dreams and aspirations, who am I to say otherwise?

If someone gets injured or dies that's his problem; After all, who are we if not for our dreams?

EDIT: Micchi needs to seriously learn how to aim and lead instead of running towards the enemy to shoot them point blank.

Last edited:
Really dig the humor and the investigation aspect of this episode. The humor seems more real rather than having a character falling randomly on a flat road. Yeah, the Bravo ones seem stupid and I'm glad they don't do it in this ep.

Kudos to Urobuchi too, he already shows us the Inves-eating-raw-fruits in early ep, but still makes the character figuring it out themselves without skipping that.

Damn Micchy you are super rich. Attaching your smartphone to a monster and doesn't bother retrieving it back. It will be a miracle that no one in your team will question the size of your pocket money.

Also, the Inves battles were just introduced at the start of the series and is a relatively new concept (introduced by Yggdrasil).

Were they? I thought they'd been playing it for a few months atleast. Not as long as the dance stages had been around (Obviously they've been around long enough for the teams to have become attached to the idea that they're worth fighting over, perhaps its how Baron made the money they use to pay for their place so the other teams want to reach that level of success as well) but I'd kinda picked up the idea that they'd been around for a little bit, not long enough for teams to have more than one or two lock seeds but long enough to know what happens if they lose control of their Inves (Hence Baron's slingshot strategy). And after one or two Inves rampages, I like to think that someone would have been smart enough to say that maybe giving these to children isnt a great idea.

Granted, this is just what I had assumed, I dont think theres any evidence that I can point to in the show, so I could be wrong

Aronbafon
The Inves Game was introduced between Kouta stopping as a Beat Rider and Episode 1. Granted we don't know how long that gap is, but given that Team Gaim gets the first belt from Sid it might not have been too long.

I think a lot of the work was done by last week's episode, but this one was finally the one where I sat down and everything clicked into place for me. Thank goodness it didn't take as long as Ryuki. Now I'm onboard the Gaim train. :thumbs:

Professionally Insane
I think a lot of the work was done by last week's episode, but this one was finally the one where I sat down and everything clicked into place for me. Thank goodness it didn't take as long as Ryuki. Now I'm onboard the Gaim train. :thumbs:

Welcome aboard. :thumbs: :buttrock:

Would it really be amazing if everyone's already joked about the possibility, already?

Lol, yeah. I don't know if "joked" even appropriately describes it. :laugh:

Even as someone whose only exposure to Urobutchi's work is Fate/Zero (and not knowing who Urobutchi is beforehand), this is what I thought in episode 1 and this episode. I mean, the twist would probably be if it doesn't happen :laugh:.