So after watching most of the episode so far, it was kind of expected that the team members of the group were going to spell out the title of the show...

I've seen "Shogeki", which means "Spark", and "Gourai", which relates to "Thunder". "Gan", I was told it could be related to niche/persona/image. So...

"Thunder Spark Image"...?

And the way this show is going, I'm inclined to believe that, but literally, what's the translation of "Shogeki Gouraigan"...?:sweat:

Amemiya, you sick bastard, even with comedy toku, you have to be like that.:laugh:

Last edited:
I don't think there's any meaning to "Gouraigan" at all. It's written in Katakana.

Gou could mean "gou" as in "manly". "Rai" could mean Lightning or "future" or even "Lion" ("Raion"). Gan is probably referring to "Gangan" ("bullet"). If there's a meaning to the term as a whole "Gan" would probably refer to the eyes ("gan"), as the eye symbolism in the series is strong. Dunno what Gourai could possible refer to.

In Justice, We Trust!
Yeah, I was always under the impression that Gan meant strength or something.

Well GUIS translated "shougeki" as exciting and left the second word alone. According to TVN's wiki:
Shougeki has kanji, so that would mean "shocking". Gouraigan isn't a word.

Personally I'm content to say it's just the names of the five good monsters strung together :sweat:

Last edited:
Shyni
Why did TVN say "[syllable] is probably [kanji]"? Do they not have access to an official website that shows the Japanese spelling or something?

Why did TVN say "[syllable] is probably [kanji]"? Do they not have access to an official website that shows the Japanese spelling or something?

The Japanese official spelling is only katakana, so whomever wrote the wiki is speculating on the meaning of the syllables, same as we've done on here.

"Shougeki" can either mean shock or impact. in this case, I think they're stressing more on the meaning of "shock" due to the show's shocking content. not sure about Gouraigan though. I don't think there's any meaning to it.

Aronbafon
Well GUIS translated "shougeki" as exciting and left the second word alone. According to TVN's wiki:

Personally I'm content to say it's just the names of the five good monsters strung together :sweat:

Well in the OP GUIS went with "Shocking Gouraigan", at least regarding the lyrics anyway.

4mlo.jpg