Mad Skillz
Many fans felt that Decade lost track after the Shinkenger episodes. It was mostly after they traveled through the 9 AR worlds that where do you go from there.

I definitely agree with this. Decade is a tricky series to judge because looking at two episode arc on their own, the show is written pretty solidly. It's just when you realize that there's no series-wide narrative to connect things that it falls apart.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
First of all, it depends who you're talking to. There's a lot of dissatisfaction with Gokaiger since it ended, and plenty of people who don't like it OR Decade.

I absolutely agree that Toei cannot "rip off" its own concepts. I don't see you complaining that Tsuburaya, a different company, took a similar approach for Ultraman Ginga? Decade was a commercial success, so Toei went with a similar style for the Sentai anniversary, and got another commercial success. Is it going to bother them whether or not people think Decade or Gokaiger had artistic merit? No, probably not.

"Training."
I definitely agree with this. Decade is a tricky series to judge because looking at two episode arc on their own, the show is written pretty solidly. It's just when you realize that there's no series-wide narrative to connect things that it falls apart.

To me the Kuuga, Agito, Kabuto arcs for example were solid episodes. They captured the themes of their respective series and more.

The Kuuga arc was my absolute favourite.

And yeah...Decade fell apart after the 9 AR worlds. :sweat:

The fact that the first episode of Gokaiger was better than the entire Decade series says a lot. Gokaiger, with its rich history and HUGE amount of heroes manages to run for 51 episodes, while Kamen Rider Decade decides to pretty much end at a measly 31 episodes due to "budget problems." That's a load of crap because they wouldn't have released 3 frickin films to try to tie the story in if they were on a budget. The moment you finish the last episode of Decade makes you feel like you just been lead on a wild goose chase. All in all, Kamen Rider Decade was the most disappointing Kamen Rider series I've ever watched, even though Wizard has come pretty close.

Cause Gokaiger did it better.

Doesn't matter who did it first, it's all about execution.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Gokaiger, with its rich history and HUGE amount of heroes manages to run for 51 episodes, while Kamen Rider Decade decides to pretty much end at a measly 31 episodes due to "budget problems." That's a load of crap because they wouldn't have released 3 frickin films to try to tie the story in if they were on a budget.

Didn't Toei say it was always intended to be a short series (with the most obvious motive being to switch up the toy release schedules?) They had plenty of money in the proverbial kitty by the time W rolled around ...

Artist
Although Iam a fans of kamen Rider, I won't defend Decade.

Decade is the "Destroyer" of Kamen Rider's Continuity. It's story was a mess. Things called Alternate Universe an bla bla bla, Ending, which didn't really end, Confusing plot, this series have many weakness. Luckily W comes and try to fix it.
Then, everytime the other rider need to meet Decade, They "Must" go to alternate world. (last time, wizard is his victims). Different with FOurze who want to meet amazon and just have to go to Brazil. wkwkkwkwkw
Thanks to Neo Heisei rider's now kamen rider has get it's continuity's back.

Gokaiger,...It's the saver of the super sentai. Although the background from it's personel was too over. (they come from space). But, because this series, people will be sure that Super sentai have continuity, not just many series that stand by themselves. And also, it have structured storyline.

And about the mimic ability. Actually, there is someone who can change into another hero before Decade, Gokaiger. He is Akared. and the first time Akared shows (if I didn't mistake), is in Gaoranger movie, isn't it.

Well' I cant speak for everyone else here, but I think that at least Gokaigers popularity with the fansub watchers is because of Power Rangers.

I might be assuming a lot here, but I dont feel its unfair to assume that most people who come into Sentai/Kamen Rider subs are more familiar with Power Rangers than they are either of the franchises. So you have Decade and Gokaiger and both of them are throwing around names that mean very little to you if you're not versed in the universes yet.

So take Decade, which first off is using alternate character interpretations of characters that fansubbers might not be familiar with in the first place (unless I'm mistaken, not every series Decade visits has been fully subbed). So you arent as invested in the characters. The fight scenes are cool, and Decade is what made me go download Kuuga and give Ryuki another shot, but when I watched it I had no basis for who these characters were beyond "That ones Dragon Knight and the other ones Masked Rider".

Then Gokaiger, which was my first fansubbed series. Again, I had no idea who these guys were, but because the guest appearances are the same characters that they were in their series, the plots a little easier to follow. They tell you everything that you need to know about the plots of the guys who guest appear "Gai Ikari was a badass lancer who was in Jetman, and he died" or "A guy named Joe dealing with dealing with the struggles of a friend who has been transformed and serves the enemy, We've done this plot point before, lets have Joh meet Joe". Also, as a Power Ranger fan, even if I had no idea who the teams were that were appearing this week, I could still follow the Gokaichanges, because I had some connection with these characters, even if it was just with their suits. When Gai makes "Go-Onwings", I didnt have any knowledge of Go-Onger yet, but I knew Gem and Gemma, and loved the scene anyways because I had some context to work with.

Also, yeah, Decades plot was a mess (Do we seriously not know what Narutakis deal was?)

Anyways, in summary, Gokaigers *might be* more popular in the fansub community because they have the Power Ranger suits, and at that point its not a matter of who did what first its a matter of Nostalgia.

and of course, you know, Pirates. Everythings better with Pirates.

Lurker
I'm just going to go with the fact Decade had to do it in a shorter series timeframe, and iirc, changed writers halfway thru.
But, unlike Gokaigers right now, Decade keeps journeying and popping up. TSUKASA 4 LYFE

Decade was made out to be Evil Supah Pink Jesus...and practically ruined the Heisei. And I don't even mean the actor recast. Then, again...when some of the original actors returned...they made Wataru a douche...Kenzaki a douche...and Otoya evil. Speaking of evil, all these higher up big bads (Lucky Clover, Checkmate Four, etc)...Decade was owning them like they were mooks. You know how much hell those respective groups made during those series. Rook the Lion Fangire, can take on IXA and the Arms Monsters and win without any effort...against Decade...one Attack Ride...ONE!!! The only kryptonite Decade had was Den-O...DEN-O...out of all Rider Worlds almost not being effected by Decade...it had to DEN-O (much to Keith's chargin).:laugh:

...Gokai was the opposite of Decade...yes, they had god-like power but they still didn't understand it and it took mentoring from previous sentai to help them a bit. Add a fanboy to the team and it makes it complete. In addition, it connected to a ranger from Bouken vs. Super Sentai...AkaRed...you can't get more meta than that.

Speaking of which...Decade lacked a lot of dual role...probably the only actor who Dual Role was Kenji Matsuda, who ended up doing both his Zanki and Jiro roles. Why couldn't Rina Akiyama do her Mana character? In Gokai, you had a lot of actors doing dual roles. Speaking of which, look at Super Hero Taisen Z, we both had Shelly and Kotoha at the same time...c'mon.:shakefist