In Justice, We Trust!
Meh, I don't really see the need to be concerned with what one random guy thinks about your interests.

Liking Toku is really no different from liking stuff about Batman or any superhero from Marvel comics.

Last edited:
I am an adult, has already passed my education level and now into the working world.. I still watch Toku, and the people around me seems like 'What?? you still watch this kind of stuff? Are you still 3 years old??" Ok, I became an 'unique' person, cause my hobby is different than other people of the same age..

Lurker
Well, I say... Be a proud nerd! Show the world your love, just don't have that weeaboo otaku mindset, in which "if it's not from Japan it is bad", or that kind of thing. Be open to new things outside of toku, anime, and games and you should be fine.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
I am part of the working world, and even though i don´t exactly hide my love for Toku, i don´t go around bragging about it either.

It is not that i am ashamed of it, i am in fact quite proud, be here where i live there is an stygma of sorts to it, and that is mostly because of Power Rangers.

Now i love PR and all that, but people in here a kind of narrow-minded, so the moment i start going "so i watch this show about bug men in motorcycles" people inmediately go "ooohh so you watch Power Rangers".

Admitedly that is not really a bad nor innacurate thing, but considering the history and scope of the genre that is kind of like me saying that i like to read and people inmediately assuming i love Harry Potter. Again, it is not innacurate, but it feels extremely derogatory.

If people ask me and have an open mind about it, i do take the time to explain a little about the genre so at the very least they have a clearer perspective, but sadly that rarely happens; i even remember one instance when my sister walked into my room while i was watching Movie War Megamax and her first reaction was "Oh my god, that is SOOOO Power Rangers".

So yeah, i don´t hide but i don´t like to go around preaching about it either, not because i am ashamed but because most people have that kind of attitude.

So, that brings me to a communication tip I learned in some seminars at work: When talking with people always keep in mind:
1. Make sure you always know more than the other person than he knows about you (make him talk)
2. Control the conversation.

That means ask a lot of questions, and know a whole bunch of stuff about a whole bunch of things so that you can always find a common ground with anyone.

That way, if you're not sure how another person would react to some of the things you like, you'll know exactly how much you need to let him/her know about you and when you're going to let him/her know about it.

Yes, it's good to be all proud of what you are, but you'll never know when that acquaintance who exactly doesn't have an open-mind about non-kids watching guys in spandex fight can be of use to you. You can be proud of who you are without parading it around for everyone in the world to know.

The most common responses...
[hide]

...after saying..."What's a KAY-MEN RIDER???"

maruchan-top-ramen-beef.jpg

o-JAGUAR-CAYMAN-900.jpg
mr-hr-dex.jpg

[/hide]

Budou though
if people ask then i say "yeah i watch it. your point?"
i don't go telling people what i watch, like, hate, etc. unless they ask.

It's pretty hard to hide from anyone that's seen my figures. Plus, everyone I've seriously had an opportunity to discuss it with has liked it too...so...yeah, I don't really see why I wouldn't.