The new Tendou Souji
My dislike for "The Empty Child/Doctor Dances" holds me back from saying that Moffat started out strong but everything between then and 11th doctor was fairly solid.

The stuff after that, though; wtf dude?

Disappear into light!!
Eh, the latest series with Clara has been mostly good, so I'm quite optimistic. At this point, I'm no longer hyped about it, just waiting for for it to come out so I can just see how "awesome" it would be, or would not end up being.

If anything, seeing Tennant and Smith bickering with each other should be good, regardless of the quality of the plot.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Only thing that's bugged me about the latest bits of Dr. Who is the almost complete lack of continuity with anything previous. We get all these new sidekicks that have never appeared anywhere else, with the exception of River. And she only had one arc with the 10th Doctor.

^I think that was more just pointing out the Doctor has more adventures than we've ever seen, which I'm pretty sure has been long established. It's no different to original companions in the novels or audio adventures, except here we learn the doctor already knows them.

Lurker
I'm going to side with Blade Dancer pretty much because of Moffat retconning the giant Cyberman attack (or not retconning, but you get what I mean). He appears to want nothing to do with what Davies did (and that giant attack would have been great to carry on from, I'm sad it went). He seems to be off in his own little side of the DW world, doing what he wants instead of worrying about anything else.

His comment about hating the Time Lords also sticks out to me in that regard for some reason. It really doesn't have much to do with this, but it nags at me yet in the same way.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

We get all these new sidekicks that have never appeared anywhere else, with the exception of River. And she only had one arc with the 10th Doctor.
And who wrote this arc? Right, it's Moffat.
And even in this part, Moffat's failed. 11th's treatment of River is completely different from 10th's.
While 10th seems to completely trust River after sho told him his name, 11th couldn't trust her at all in The Impossible Astronaut.

I'm not a very big of Moffat, but he did one hell of a job, making 11th era completely diffirent from any others and easy recognisable. It's another side of "its own continuity" coin.

Last edited by a moderator: