Absurdly long Japanese Anime

I love Japanese anime. The art is great, they are funny, witty, and full of action. However, there are those Japanese anime series that are absurdly long. Here are some of the long anime series that I have watched:
  • Dragon Ball
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • Bleach
These anime are great but they are just so long! Have you ever watched a Japanese anime that seemed to go on forever?

Case Closed. I started watching it but when I realized I was in for 600+ episodes I said no thank you. The show is still going with 739 episodes in counting. I decided I would only watch the episodes that interested me and the ones with Kaito Kid. I'll also watch the movies. If they ever start bringing it to the end then I might watch the ending episodes but if not then I'll stick to what I do.

I only watched what was dubbed and aired on [as] for case close, I don't get how that can be going for over 700 episodes and just be a detective adventure.

For now, One Piece, case closed, fairy tail and pokemon look to be the longest anime series in the whole word as they are still airing with lots of content left to be made.

The super long anime series, in my opinion, get boring after a while. What I mean by that is, after a few hundred or so episodes, the producers run out of good ideas and put crap on. Therefore, that is why I typically like short anime series.

when you say long, do you mean in terms of continuity or the actual episodes of 22minutes per episode is long? Because I know of anime that is much longer than those, except One Piece, Detective Conan, Hajime no Hippo, Prince of Tennis seriesincluding the Spin offs ( The New Prince of Tennis and Princess of Tennis)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original Sailor Moon also go on too long? If not, I'd say InuYasha. That...was so many of my years used up on that crap ending...Till Final Act came out. Still need to finish watching the rest of that. If not, I'm giving up on comedic drama/romance animes. I'll stick to the ones that kill me off in nothing, but laughter.

I can't really hold on to a series for that long. I simply don't have the attention span for it.
I say: Leave me wnating more not less. I want to leave an anime practically begging for more. That's when I know it's been a good experience. That being said I have watched ALL of One Piece. I don't know, there's just something about the characters that really intrigue me.

I love Japanese anime. The art is great, they are funny, witty, and full of action. However, there are those Japanese anime series that are absurdly long. Here are some of the long anime series that I have watched:
  • Dragon Ball
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • Bleach
These anime are great but they are just so long! Have you ever watched a Japanese anime that seemed to go on forever?

I can't agree with you more. I enjoyed those animes for a little while but it eventually got a bit draggy. I was surprised though with Bleach, it felt like it was a sudden stop for the series.

One Piece is one of the shows I really enjoy watching, even with 700+ episodes, they still have interesting things to show. I'm halfway through and I'm not even remotely bored or sick with it..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original Sailor Moon also go on too long? If not, I'd say InuYasha. That...was so many of my years used up on that crap ending...Till Final Act came out. Still need to finish watching the rest of that. If not, I'm giving up on comedic drama/romance animes. I'll stick to the ones that kill me off in nothing, but laughter.

I think there was around 200 eps of Sailor Moon. I binged watched them over the course of a few weeks years back. I also watched Prince of Tennis but after a while it really derived into nonsense.

I actually like animes that have an end and who are short, because they are easier to make a commitment to (Ouran High School Host Club, for instance). The problem is... if it's good, then you just want more. I would have happily had Naruto be way way way shorter, and I would happily see Fairy Tail carry on a while! :)