Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 03 "Shocking! My Rival's Bananas Transformation!?"

He wasn't there. There's a scene later in the episode where the guys who were there go back to Team Baron's HQ and are all "Hey Kaito, we beat the crap out of some guys!" and Kaito's all "Whatever, bro, of course you did."

So Kaito is leading "Bulk and Skull" more or less.:sly:

Kinda. The slingshot gag is pretty Bulk and Skull. And everybody in this show is always going to Ernie's Juice Bar...

It happens.:sly:

I just hope it builds up to "Useful not Useless" characters. It's irritating when stuff like that happens.:shakefist

Thing is, Kouta has a real job: He's an entertainer. The Inves games seem to draw quite large crowds, and he's doing the job of providing entertainment for them in exchange for money.

If that's not a real job - then that's an awfully strange message for a TV series to be peddling, given that a large section of the staff for it will be entertainers somehow (the actors, the writers, the musicians, the CGI artists ...).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying Gaim. There's a certain sense of foreboding to it that intrigues me.

Yeah, I had a pretty big problem with this scene. I get that she was supposed to be trying to instil proper values in him, which is all fine and good, it just seems like they went about trying to show that the wrong way. It's not like he's part of the yakuza and doing something incredibly shady and/or illegal, yet she reacted like that's exactly what was going on.

Yeah, I had a pretty big problem with this scene. I get that she was supposed to be trying to instil proper values in him, which is all fine and good, it just seems like they went about trying to show that the wrong way. It's not like he's part of the yakuza and doing something incredibly shady and/or illegal, yet she reacted like that's exactly what was going on.

I really cannot agree. If she felt like he was doing something illegal she would've thrown the money at his face or set the money on fire or fed it to him (last two probably won't happen in a kids' show). She just dropped it.

It's a much more sober reaction than you guys give it credit for.

I really cannot agree. If she felt like he was doing something illegal she would've thrown the money at his face or set the money on fire or fed it to him (last two probably won't happen in a kids' show). She just dropped it.

Yeah it didn't seem like a big deal to me either. Again, most of Gaim so far is having it be about gang warfare and then desperately covering up that fact so the kiddies don't notice. The writer can't just have her say "you quit your job to be an underground cage fighter? Yeah, you're earning money now, when there's no opposition. But wait until things escalate and the other gangs get drivers. You don't know how to use that thing properly, and you don't know how to fight either. You'll get your ass handed to you and there'll be no more money coming in to pay your hospital bills."

The Ranger with the Cowbell
Yeah it didn't seem like a big deal to me either. Again, most of Gaim so far is having it be about gang warfare and then desperately covering up that fact so the kiddies don't notice.

You know I never noticed that really until you said it.

Thing is, Kouta has a real job: He's an entertainer. The Inves games seem to draw quite large crowds, and he's doing the job of providing entertainment for them in exchange for money.

If that's not a real job - then that's an awfully strange message for a TV series to be peddling, given that a large section of the staff for it will be entertainers somehow (the actors, the writers, the musicians, the CGI artists ...).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying Gaim. There's a certain sense of foreboding to it that intrigues me.

See? Murphy gets it. :thumbs: I really hope Kouta's sister quickly comes around and sees that being an entertainer and a member of Team Gaim, Inves game or not, is benefiting others after all. Lots of people have crazy jobs, and even crazier passions. Doesn't mean you should look down on them just because they don't seem mature enough for you.

Yeah it didn't seem like a big deal to me either. Again, most of Gaim so far is having it be about gang warfare and then desperately covering up that fact so the kiddies don't notice. The writer can't just have her say "you quit your job to be an underground cage fighter? Yeah, you're earning money now, when there's no opposition. But wait until things escalate and the other gangs get drivers. You don't know how to use that thing properly, and you don't know how to fight either. You'll get your ass handed to you and there'll be no more money coming in to pay your hospital bills."

See, this makes sense. If the writers had made her little speech more like this rather than call him an overgrown child, THEN she would have been justified. Especially if she gave him a talking to after his first Rider battle with Baron.

I really don't see anything sober about it at all. Would she have had the same reaction if he was a singer, dancer, sports player, comedian? He earned the money, whether or not she see's what he's doing as something childish. I don't see why he has to do a menial job to be acceptable and that seemed to be exactly what she wanted. If he was doing something shady, I could understand the reaction of "we're family, I won't throw you out, but I'm not taking that money" but not in this case.

I really don't see anything sober about it at all. Would she have had the same reaction if he was a singer, dancer, sports player, comedian? He earned the money, whether or not she see's what he's doing as something childish. I don't see why he has to do a menial job to be acceptable and that seemed to be exactly what she wanted. If he was doing something shady, I could understand the reaction of "we're family, I won't throw you out, but I'm not taking that money" but not in this case.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that people working in the entertainment business are making money, since they're not preforming for free. To some people, a menial job is "real work". but the truth is "real work" is whatever you do to make money. If it's from digging ditches to making movies.