The Pro Wrestling Thread - No Gimmick Needed

Digital Artist
RAW "LIKES"
-Opening promo. Stephanie is such an evil heel. Love her slaps to the Big Show for being such a crybaby.

-Nice long match between Ziggler/Sandow. Figured Ziggler was going to win since MitB winners are supposed to lose often.

-Good Team Heyman/CM Punk like always. This feud is getting tiring though. Looks like R-Truth is going to get inserted into it since he is feuding with Axel now.

-Randy Orton/Kofi Kingston always put on great matches. This one was enjoyable although the result was the same.

-Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger beating that joke of a team Santino and Khali. Cesaro is a beast.

-Good 6 man tag team main event match. Big Show coming out and knocking out Triple H was cool. I guess this leads into a PPV match.

"DISLIKES"
-Eva Marie and her pathetic wrestling. Oh my lawd.

-Looks like the 3MB are going to be jobbing to the Los Matadores for the time being. Free Drew McIntrye! Heath Slater had some funny facial expressions though.

-So John Cena is randomly announced as the #1 contender for the World Title. This was as random as The Rock announcing himself as the #1 contender for the WWE Title last year. Ricardo Rodriguez's pinwall win over Del Rio was not believable either.

-The Wyatt Family attacking The Miz. Weird segment.

-Fandango defeats Zack Ryder. What direction is Fandango going?

Below average show. I was losing interest and I noticed this show had a lot of sloppiness.

Eye See You
Ah 2008! When Jericho was World Champ and Cena returns and automatically gets a title shot. Wonderful.

Makes me fucking sick.

Dull Brilliance
I'm glad A.J. Lee kept the Divas title. Paige is the only one that has any business taking that championship from her.

Unfortunately A.J. got a concussion and is going to be out of action for at least a couple of weeks. Last night just showed how pathetic the rest of the division is without her. Damn is Eva Marie terrible. It literally looked like she was playfighting and I have to wonder if she's that bad, how much worse is JoJo that they didn't even have her wrestle at all in that match?

The Big Show stuff is really ticking me off. Not just because it never made sense but because they had this chance to make a new star to carry the company with in Daniel Bryan and they've now made this storyline all about Big Show. Daniel Bryan is becoming an afterthought in a feud where he should be the focal point.

Then they go into a panic because the ratings dropped this past month and risk permanently injuring John Cena by rushing him back too soon. Nevermind that the ratings always drop this time of year because football season just started.

One of these days they're going to lose John Cena for good because of this crap. Then they're going to wonder why they don't have anyone to cover for him and it will be because they keep dropping the ball with guys like Daniel Bryan.

Eye See You
I don't even remember JoJo or Eva Marie in NXT which means they aren't even wrestlers to begin with... they are just faces for the Total Divas bullshit.

Is not impressed right now...
I'm loving Stephanie's heel work right now.

When she was slapping Big Show and bitching out Brad Maddox, it made my dick hard.

Eye See You
She annoys me now. I liked her back in the day. The Authority is an awesome group, they need to add Ziggler.

Daniel Bryan is becoming an afterthought in a feud where he should be the focal point.

"Becoming"?

He was kind of an afterthought in this feud since day one. When it wasn't about how HHH had "sold out his rebel image to be a genius manipulative boardroom man" it was about how "Orton must be the monster again".

They kind of hand-waved at the idea of Bryan being "the leader of the locker room" but the "locker room" group has drifted off back to their individual pursuits again and Bryan was never shown doing anything leadery at any point.

Ironically, the only guy who really helped Bryan and tried to make him seem relevant at all in this angle was John Cena. He let Bryan beat him 100% clean at Summerslam and then pushed him to the moon as his last on-screen act before leaving for surgery. That is a freakin' class act right there.

It just goes to show, you can't do a plotline that lampshades the WWE's tendency to hold down the smaller performers... and then still actually hold down the smaller performers.

Cena returns and automatically gets a title shot. Wonderful.

To be fair, this one is relativly easy to address:

"Oh, you're back and haven't exercised your rematch clause yet? Uhh... unfortunately, Vacant is still the Champion and it's going to take another month at least until this gets worked out. Pick another title to use it on."

And really, the biggest problem with ADR right now is that they wasted so much time on that as-exciting-as-watching-paint-dry feud with RVD (which we knew RVD wasn't really wining because of how his limited contract works) that they don't really have anyone in place to take over or any way to really build up heat for ADR.

So to give it a shot in the arm they needed to use a big name and the two biggest they'd have are CM Punk or "Surprise! Cena!"

And since Punk seems perfectly happy to continue his boring-ass wankery with Heyman, "Surprise! Cena! is all they got.