I caught up on The Flash as well. It's sad to hear that this creative team is leaving but it seems like they're going to leave on a higher note. I'm also excited that Christos Gage will be taking over the book in December.

As far as I know Cage (and whoever is doing the art) is doing issue #26 only....there is a new team coming on board.

I been liking the books I picked up this month so far for Villains Month:

Black Manta - It was good to see a book dealing with FE and see that Manta has daddy issues rather than just a vendetta against Aquaman.

Relic - A very interesting origin that puts Relic in a non-villain position, but rather someone that is trying to save this Universe at all cost from the Power Spectrum users.

The Riddler - It wasn't THAT great, but at least it both kinda gave us a tie into both Forever Evil and Zero Year.

Reverse Flash - That was an interesting origin, I was wondering what was the black armor like stuff he had and the explanation is smart. Unlike many believe, I doubt we will see any Wally from this....

The Rogues - Is great to see the Rogues, they are such a unique group. And they gave us an answer to Mirror Master being out in the real world in Forever Evil (it would make some sense to release this book the same week as Forever Evil rather than 2 weeks later).

Black Hand - In a way I found it the worst of the ones I read...it was kinda pointless, but the very end sets up interesting stuff for after "Lights Out"

Darkseid - Another origin story that is trying to fit New 52 Darkseid into the timeline....it was interesting that this story also kinda crossed with the events of Earth-2 and that the ending page teases stuff for both Earth-2 and Batman/Superman.

And those are the ones I picked up....next week is Secret Society, Black Adam, Ocean Master and Sinestro.

Man I really hate the extra dollar of the 3-D covers but they're SO COOL that I can't help but buy them.

Unless it's a villain I don't care about yet falls as part of one of my standard books, then I can handle cutting out the 3-D.

So far the one-shots have been very solid, which surprises me. Some cool stuff in here, especially for establishing certain characters in the new timeline.

Lurker
The Black Adam issue was alright overall, pretty average in general.

But I really like that he seems to be going back to a more neutral stance instead of the all out evil he was in the JL issues. I like Black Adam grey :laugh:

Legends of the Dark Knight has been pretty good. I'm on issue five digitally and this current arc with Joker using Mad Hatter to hypnotize people into believing they're Batman is great. I wasn't expecting Killer Croc to be so brutal.

Adventures of Superman chapter 22 was good. I'm enjoying seeing a lighthearted and fun Superman rather than what we're getting.

I haven't read the Ocean Master issue just yet but I think I'll enjoy it though.

Finally Superman/Batman 3.1 Doomsday. It was a fantastic issue. I really enjoyed seeing Doomsday being presented as a animal was great. Also Lara-El just being a BAMF. Putting on her Kryptonian armor and just getting into the action. I loved how they were able to put Kara-El in the issue as well which flowed nicely.

But I really like that he seems to be going back to a more neutral stance instead of the all out evil he was in the JL issues. I like Black Adam grey :laugh:

This is Black Adam at his best, in my opinion. I was afraid they were going to make him super evil, based on his history. Good to know he's been reined back in to be grey.

Superman/Wonder Woman #1- It was pretty good I must admit. Then again with Charles Soule and Tony Daniel on the book. I shouldn't expect anything less. I was happy to see that this book is much more than Superman and Wonder Woman going out on dates. It was nice to see their personal lives and their supporting cast.

I didn't pick up anything else from DC Comics this week. I really do want to pick up the "Lights Out" arc Green Lantern is about to go through but I just don't have the extra money to spend on it.

Well the first news from NYCC, we are getting a weekly (similar to 52) series: Batman - Eternal. Is coming out in Spring 2014 and has Snyder, Tynion IV, Fawkes, and Layman.

Also Buccellato and Manapul are moving to Detective Comics with issue #28, issue #27 will be an oversized 104-page issue to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Batman and will have Snyder, Tynion IV, among others (including Frank Miller).

Lurker
Even though I'm a big Batman fan, I'm not excited at all about Batman - Eternal. IGN described the book as "stories about Batman that the writers wanted to tell", which makes me thing that it's going to be a bunch of side-stories that wont impact the main canon line.

A bit of follow-up for Batman: Eternal Snyder has said that he plans to re-introduce Stephanie Brown hinting she will once again be the Spoiler in issue of the new weekly series. Suggesting further she will play a central in the series, in what way reminds to be seen.

Moving on the Superman family it seems that Supergirl will be breaking from the family and fall under another umbrella at the nd of Krypton Returns. Nothing was said out right but given the "history" of the character and the nature of the crossover my guess is JLA 3000/Legion family.

[HIDE]Also at the end Krypton Returns the current Superboy will die and the title will then follow his time displaced "brother", John Lane Kent.[/HIDE]

And to close out I found this recently and feel like I needed to share. Just remember Jim Lee's redesigns could have been worse.

jimleesupermanconcept.jpg

Lurker
Rogues Rebellion had a great start, even if half way through the artwork was shot to hell, and I can't wait to see more of them.

Batman/Superman had another strong issue, plus the revealed cover for their Annual issue is pretty dam cool.

JLA - It was ok, but was all about set up. Did like Flash's prison though.