Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh. I was just re-researching Norse myths to see what elements they might take from that and firstly, I noticed that the idea of Ragnarok lines up perfectly with the sengoku theme. Urrbody fights, a few are left at the end, and they recreate the world. Secondly, we already have one alternate realm called the Helheim forest, but so far we don't have the name of the fictional town they live in, or know about any other realms. Helheim is the bottom of the 9 worlds, and is supposed to be the world of the dead, maybe that means the beasts that live there used to be people before they died? Also, this makes me wonder if the tow will be named, or based on Midgard, the realm of the humans on the Yggdrasil tree. It also makes me wonder if we will see other realms, like Asgard, the realm of the gods. Thirdly, an interesting quote from wikipedia: "Animals continually feed on the tree(Yggdrasil), threatening it, but its vitality persists evergreen as it heals and nourishes the vibrant aggression of life." There are a lot of other interesting specifics too, like a dragon whos always gnawing on yggdrasil, and the hierarchy of gods, who may likely become some of the higher up villains or characters. I'm wondering how this whole thing will mesh with the japanese folk-lore based eneies as well. I'm way too excited.

Edit: I'm curious how long the norse theme was there, because I also find it interesting that there is an eagle at the top of the tree, and a dragon at the bottom, and a suirrel that ran up and down relaying insuits between them hahaha. Anyways you never know, the Eagle could've been the bird gai is based on? I also wonder if the norse bit might've been urobochi's doing though, which would've meant it came later. I know there was some norse stuff in madoka.

Last edited:
Professional Chef and Entertainer
so the sengoku driver commerical is out
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnURxrlQY"]Kamen Rider Gaim DX Sengoku Driver TVCM - YouTube[/ame]

and now it's confirmed that the banana rider's name is indeed "Baron"
y8tRAa1.png
we actually might get two variants on the name since baron's team is "Team Balon". so i get we will have to see.

I'm not sure why there was ever any discussion about Baron/Balon. One makes sense, one doesn't. It's obviously just Japan using the English letters interchangeable again. I mean, nobody is going to argue that in Go-busters they were actually supposed to be called "buddy-loids" right? (and yes, that actually appeared on some of the merchandise).

Aronbafon
The name issue is because during the press event they had a big logo saying Team Balon. Though it seems to have been fixed now with the merchandise.

Minato Ascending
Is Balon even a name? I thought it is obvious that Toei had misspelled Baron's name.

Shining~
"Faiz", "Kiva" and "Fourze" say hi.

at least there's almost nothing that could've make people think those names are wrong, in other words, those names actually looks like they're intended to be spelled that way.
Besides, "Fourty" would've been a boring name XD

"Balon", on the other hand, gets a design and team logo that makes it painfully obvious that it should've been "Baron" instead.

at least there's almost nothing that could've make people think those names are wrong, in other words, those names actually looks like they're intended to be spelled that way.
Besides, "Fourty" would've been a boring name XD

"Balon", on the other hand, gets a design and team logo that makes it painfully obvious that it should've been "Baron" instead.

Faiz has the letter Greek letter "Phi" going for it, actually.

And no baron is dressed like that.

But yeah, I'm just joking around :laugh: I always thought it was Balon as a mix of Banana and Melon and was wondering why Melon wasn't one of its fruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.