2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

Ore, Sanjou!
what annoys me right now is the team name, because they're still not going back to having "ranger" in the title

Shining~

reading the team's name reminds me to these two things

328px-RocketArrowExpress-GAOV-JP-R.jpg

爆走特急ロケット・アロー (Bakusō Tokkyū Roketto Arō - Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow)

and

328px-SuperdreadnoughtRailCannonGustavMax-VE06-JP-UR.jpg

超弩級砲塔列車グスタフ・マックス (Chōdokyū Hōtō Ressha Gusutafu Makkusu - Super-Dreadnought Gun Turret Train, Gustaph Max)

coincidentally, Kozuki Anna, who used both, has more of her trains released soon....

Last edited:
Minato Ascending
what annoys me right now is the team name, because they're still not going back to having "ranger" in the title

Maybe they don't want people to confuse Super Sentai with Power Ranger, hence the reason they dropped the "ranger" from all the future sentai teams?

Ore, Sanjou!
I don't really care about any reason for it, I still don't like it. at the time that I'd started following super sentai and finding more about, it was during the early 00's, when it was super common to have "ranger" in the title. so to me, a sentai feels more like a sentai if it has "ranger" in the title

Would like to change his avatar
at the time that I'd started following super sentai and finding more about, it was during the early 00's, when it was super common to have "ranger" in the title. so to me, a sentai feels more like a sentai if it has "ranger" in the title

And I grew up with and like the "man" titles, so imagine how I feel!

Eenymeenyminymo
Random Japanese people I encounter think Kyoryuger is Kyoryu Ranger. I expect them to say Tokkyu Ranger!

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger = Train Squadron Special Rescue Ranger.

2014 also happens to be the 15th anniversary of GoGoV. :thumbs:

YOU CAN'T RESCUE PEOPLE WITH TRAINS DAMMIT, IT'S JUST NOT ETHICAL!!

I think that this is going to be very popular Sentai. Since trains are a part of Japan's culture.

Trains are still popular everywhere. Why do you think Thomas The Tank Engine is still relevant?