And it really doesn't mean "curse you" or anything similar. It just means "You!" except that it is meant in a really really bad way. And there really is no English equivalent except calling someone a bad name after "You", so "You bastard!" is the translation that's most used.

yeah but has anyone actually heard kuso or kutabare as that one guy said in sentai?

Just yesterday I heard a "kuso" in Dekaranger. Swan clearly says it. Watched episodes 6-9 yesterday, it was in one of those.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
They don't curse in the sentai. There are a handful of words that are generally rude to say to someone, but Japanese people don't have conventional curses. This is largely because there is a "rude command form" of every verb in their dictionary. Because of that, cursing in Japanese would generally be along the lines of "Go die" or "be silent" or things like that.

Kisama- You! *......*
Baka- idiot
Uruse- be silent

among others

The new Tendou Souji
it's because Date is constantly using the wrong honorific when he says his name.

There was a right honorific to use?
Being sorta serious here 'cause for all the reasons I've heard regarding Date messing with Gotou, I've never heard that one.

Last edited:
They don't curse in the sentai. There are a handful of words that are generally rude to say to someone, but Japanese people don't have conventional curses. This is largely because there is a "rude command form" of every verb in their dictionary. Because of that, cursing in Japanese would generally be along the lines of "Go die" or "be silent" or things like that.

Kisama- You! *......*
Baka- idiot
Uruse- be silent

among others

"Uruse" means "(you're)annoying."

"Damare" means "shut up."

There was a right honorific to use?
Being sorta serious here 'cause for all the reasons I've heard regarding Date messing with Gotou, I've never heard that one.

Date used "-chan" when Gotou was technically his senior (in the company).

urusai or uruse actually means noisy, but it's not as rude as saying damare which is a command form for saying "Shut up!" or "Zip it!"