Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 28 - "Ahh, Torin! A 100 million Year Old Vendetta"

You say that it doesn't make sense. It does make sense to me. Even if it weren't a kid's show, it's a natural reaction, but very slightly exaggerated.

Well that's the point, isn't it? Exaggerated to where it just looks stupid because no one acts that way. I'm sorry, they don't. It clearly looks to me like they were trying to copy what they think the littlest kids would be saying; or copying how kids in toy commercials give overblown reactions to what's being advertised.

I really don't know how you can't see this.

Zakutor Slasher Best
Popcorn?

Well that's the point, isn't it? Exaggerated to where it just looks stupid because no one acts that way. I'm sorry, they don't. It clearly looks to me like they were trying to copy what they think the littlest kids would be saying; or copying how kids in toy commercials give overblown reactions to what's being advertised.

It may not be how you act; but it is what my dad does. He gets elated when he gets a new client. The first thing he does is run upstairs to tell us about it, then he gets popcorn.

So your dad is a mirror image of Amy and the others in the opening scene? Seriously? As in, the exact same mannerisms? It's not so much optimism and pep that I have this issue with more than their expression of it.

I know for a fact that people (rational sensible-minded adults), act that way. I've worked in places where it happens, albeit slightly exaggerated because they do it without the hand gestures (they use totally different stupid friendly inside jokes instead).

Heck, offices throw less subtle celebrations for less consequential things (like a person getting his first commendation from a customer). Or Halloween.

EDIT: And just in case, yes, they were a "mirror image" of that scene. There's that attractive officemate who likes giving worthless exclamations, that slightly older man who will make the so-unfunny-it's-funny joke, that young man who will think hard for a comment, make it, then go silent, that boss who would try to pump up people for worthless celebrating, that really silent good performer who will express appreciation, and that man who will try to flirt with everyone wearing a skirt.

Like I said, this is an utterly senseless nitpick that I cannot see the rationale behind. So you haven't seen people do it. Meet more people, I guess?

Last edited:
I know for a fact that people (rational sensible-minded adults), act that way. I've worked in places where it happens, albeit slightly exaggerated because they do it without the hand gestures (they use totally different ones). Heck, office throw less subtle celebrations for less consequential things (like a person getting his first commendation from a customer).

Those would probably look odd to me too.

Like I said, this is an utterly senseless nitpick that I cannot see the rationale behind. So you haven't seen people do it. Meet more people, I guess?

I haven't seen them do it like they were acting in a toy commercial. That's the point.

Maybe to you it's a nitpick. But things like this kill my enjoyment of these shows, maybe not in severe strokes but little cuts.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Those would probably look odd to me too.

I haven't seen them do it like they were acting in a toy commercial. That's the point.

Maybe to you it's a nitpick. But things like this kill my enjoyment of these shows, maybe not in severe strokes but little cuts.

I don't know what you're complaining about. Nothing in that scene seemed out of character considering how exagerated all the Kyoryuger are to begin with.

I never said they were particularly out of character. Just that it looked dumb regardless of who they are.