Banned
Define bettering yourself?.

Some people like to live a simple life, have a Job the pays good, not excellent but at lest they can pay the bills.

Others who like to better themselves, which I have no problem with that, they can follow there dream if the wish but why do try to belittle people for having a poor Job and there fight for what right for getting better pay? do you think it's easy to find other job in this day in age with or without a collage degree? do you think some people that work at these fast food chains want to work there?,no but they have to support there family's, not every individual that works there are high school drop outs.

KingRanger Response, Try harder you lazy good for nothing. :laugh:

Anyone who just wants to live a simple life and have a job that pays good, is not going to stay working at a fast food place. What you are trying to describe, I think, is some one who just wants to scrap by on the bare minimum and whine when they don't make as much money as their friends or family that actually try to do more.

I belittle no one for having any kind of job. nor have I done so here so I would ask you not to even say or suggest that bull crap again. I started off my working career working in fast food. Then I decided to become a CNA and a CMA. I went into nursing. I wanted to do more. Now I have a great job working in sales that rocks my world. I would never put down the old jobs I did or that anyone does. My problem here are people that think they are entitled to that much money for doing a job that does not deserve to have that kind of paycheck. CNA's and caregivers don't make anywhere near 15.00 an hour and they take care of our families.

Digital Artist
This news story is so lame. What makes fast food workers think they deserve to get paid more? The jobs are simple and anyone can be taught how to do the jobs. That is why they get paid minimum wage. I can understand them complaining about their poor raises because I have heard of silly 10 cent raises. They should complain about that and not thinking they deserve to be making $11 an hour or more.

Lurker
Am guessing your Pro-business, Deregulation, Privatization and Small Government and ant-union Bigdog?

Also Kingranger I applaud for your good career, not trying to be sarcastic.you said that you don't belittle people but you called people morons for try to protest a $15 wage increase? or are you calling people morons for trying to protest a wage increase? if your say the first one then I am wrong, I agree the $15 is a bit to much but they have to do something so the minimum wage can keep up with inflation, if not we should discourage people for not working at these low wage jobs away, the people that say it better to have a job then not are ignorant, they mite as well pay in pennys while there at it. :laugh:

Last edited:
Shyni
Doesn't the fast food industry pretty much work because of low costs? These people would probably be better off looking for another job, although I don't know if anything prevents that.

Actually, I wonder why the fast food process can't just be automated and done with specialized machines. Isn't it basically assembly line food?

Lurker
Doesn't the fast food industry pretty much work because of low costs? These people would probably be better off looking for another job, although I don't know if anything prevents that.

Actually, I wonder why the fast food process can't just be automated and done with specialized machines. Isn't it basically assembly line food?

Trust me wouldn't want to cheese burger done by a robot :laugh:

Though am surprise that the fast food chains don't invest in Food vending machine in the U.S, solves all there problems.

Harumph.
I dunno. I'm sure the robot would be a lot cleaner than the teenagers that usually work the assembly line.

Lurker
I dunno. I'm sure the robot would be a lot cleaner than the teenagers that usually work the assembly line.

But guess who as to repair them if something goes wrong, even robots make mistakes.

Time to invest in Robot healthcare :laugh:

Shyni
Eh, it's not like flipping pieces of meat or cutting up vegetables requires artistic craftsmanship. Can't be more complicated than say, assembling a car, which robots already do. Would people even be able to tell the difference? Cooking is already done with metal tools, and fast food depends on machine-like consistency. Also, this:
http://singularityhub.com/2013/01/22/robot-serves-up-340-hamburgers-per-hour/

And I'm guessing maintaining robots is probably easier than human healthcare, since there are industries that get increasingly automated.

Lurker
Eh, it's not like flipping pieces of meat or cutting up vegetables requires artistic craftsmanship. Can't be more complicated than say, assembling a car, which robots already do. Would people even be able to tell the difference? Cooking is already done with metal tools, and fast food depends on machine-like consistency. Also, this:
http://singularityhub.com/2013/01/22/robot-serves-up-340-hamburgers-per-hour/

And I'm guessing maintaining robots is probably easier than human healthcare, since there are industries that get increasingly automated.

But guess what? at the end the day robots are still being programmed by you guess it.... humans, If the person put in the wrong software it come mean a disaster, say for example you want a warm cheese burger but yet the robot give you the robot a cold burger all because some person put in the wrong software the makes robot to do Cold burger. we still have a long way to go.

But guess what? at the end the day robots are still being programmed by you guess it.... humans, If the person put in the wrong software it come mean a disaster, say for example you want a warm cheese burger but yet the robot give you the robot a cold burger all because some person put in the wrong software the makes robot to do Cold burger. we still have a long way to go.

Humans who have skillsets that make them not be stuck at a minimum wage job, asking for the government for help.